Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Dedicated Server configuration

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by F1_Racer68 View Post
    Well, there is a BIG update today which includes a 2.3MB DS update. By DS standards, that is HUGE! Practically a whole new DS Let's see what this has done for us shall we?
    Curious, too! Already updated my ds. Will then implement some random weather to check if the rian bug in MP has been fixed and whether each and every session still has clear weather and AI problems...

But plus 2,5 mb sounds like a lot of changed code... Pretty confident something has changed...
    The following user likes this Post: F1_Racer68

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlborofranz View Post
    Curious, too! Already updated my ds. Will then implement some random weather to check if the rian bug in MP has been fixed and whether each and every session still has clear weather and AI problems...

But plus 2,5 mb sounds like a lot of changed code... Pretty confident something has changed...
    That 2.5Mb is just the DedicatedServer.exe so far as I can see, which has increased in size by 1byte. Doesn't seem like much will have changed and as per the patch notes, might just be a compatibility issue change with no improvements or feature changes.
    The following user likes this Post: Shooter80

Platform
    PC
    Meeeh...

This is annoying because every day where the DS is not working properly, I might as well burn my money.

Platform
    PC
    Still no way to invite anyone into the DS lobby. In game Invite button doesn't work yet, and the Steam Friends list invite tells recipient they are unable to join the session.

So far it seems the only thing that has been fixed is the display of "Tire Wear" in the Realism settings. It now properly shows "Accellerated" instead of "_No_".
    Last edited by F1_Racer68; 11-10-2017 at 13:59.
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600X w/Wraith Spire Cooler MoBo - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 16GB 3200 DDR4, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by F1_Racer68 View Post
    Still no way to invite anyone into the DS lobby. In game Invite button doesn't work yet, and the Steam Frineds list invite tells recipient they are unable to join the session.
    Yes, got the same problem. Friends can just join when searching the ds in the server browser manually. I hope they at least fixed random weather and the rain issue on multiplayer so at least private lobbys can be uses until this is fixed. Bit disappointed tbh.
    The following user likes this Post: F1_Racer68

Platform
    PC
    I hate to say it but the MP dedi seems like an afterthought. So far as I can tell it's virtually identical to the PCars 2 dedi with some new parameters added and didn't get much love or attention.

Platform
    PC
    Nothing changed for me. Dependend on what config I use I either have AI or I can't join. That's it, thanks for the time.
    The following user likes this Post: Shooter80

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodders View Post
    Hi,

Currently the dedi server will take the car selection settings from whatever that setting is for the person who becomes the host. The way to control this is that whomever is going to become host, should go into configure a p2p session and set the car selection type (Identical, Same Class, MUltiClass) then save and exit the p2p setup. Then join the dedi as the first user and it will retain your settings so long as you remain the host. If that host leaves and it drops to another player, it will again just take whatever that users last saved car selection option was.

There may well be specific server.cfg settings needing set to also allow this method to work but this is how we currently workaround this problem.

I really hope they add in the ability for the host to change car selection types while hosting the lobby, just as we had in PCars 1. So many classes are so hugely unbalanced you need to be able to force a single car to get a decent race.
    hey,
    thanks for the answer, done some testing and it works most of the time, when you join as none host you also need the 'same class' setting in p2p
    looks like the new patch messed up even more
    p2p settings also changing to settings by the dedi host...

some simple things are possible as p2p but not as dedi

did some testing with 'controlGameSetup : true' and the admin panel and it's even a bigger mess
    Last edited by diknmuis; 11-10-2017 at 15:49.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    So, do I see it right: It is the ServerControlsSetup vasriable that is broken? With it on true, AI randomly joins and weather doesn't work at all, while it set on false just loads the realism options of the first joiner and lets him fiddle the settings around?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebdactyl View Post
    So, do I see it right: It is the ServerControlsSetup vasriable that is broken? With it on true, AI randomly joins and weather doesn't work at all, while it set on false just loads the realism options of the first joiner and lets him fiddle the settings around?
    Exactly. This is what is annoying the hell out of me. A friend and I were renting a 32 slot dedicated server to open it for the puplic. However the problem you described is exactly the pitfall. My plan was to provide around 30-40 different sessions on various maps with various classes for every skill as long people drive safe.

Now making the first joiner the host is a problem because while I want people having fun on the server, I don't want them to drive 10 laps of Kart1 on the Nordschleife with a blizzard coming up in mid July with 28 track temperature. Password protection is of course no option because I want people to race with us on a stable server where you can also ban griefers.

And if I set a fixed series of races with random weather and various classes so you have a bit of variety, then the weather is bugged. But not just the weather... manual pit stops don't work either. The date when the events start is messed up as well. The weather is always sunny for me, even when I set it up to be medium cloudy. And my friend has rain in every single session, needs to use wet tires, while I set it up to just be clouds. Funny thing is that when I am on the server at the same time, for me it's dry with perfect grip and I can see his windscreen wipers and him sliding like on ice...

Of course we want that server to be rated and sooner or later to maybe limit it to higher safety classes so people can have fun AND safe races. But then you randomly have the AI in the race that wrecks you...

And of course not to mention the random disconnects. I was having a fun race with 8 people on the server on Sakitto, of course rated. I was first and then I noticed that at the same time 3 people "lost connection". In the same second... 2 laps later I and 2 other people lost connection at exactly the same time, too. So they lost skill points for no reason. So I can also forget about my server being some kind of safe ranked server...

And whilst I love PCars 2 and already spent over 60 hours in it, I am terribly annoyed by the fact that dedicated servers are still not fixed whereas this is cruicial if want to be a serious sim with serious licensing systems and ratings... You can't just rely on a P2P lobby for nicer events...

I just don't understand how the dedicated server was so abandoned? And how the hell did it come through Beta at all? Everyone who wants safe racing of course sticks with a dedicated server that has rating on it because there you can drive safe, you meet the people, you can race with people regularly, you get to know who is safe and who not... And of course you (should) have a stable server with a stable connection that allows you to run events without the fear of loosing connection every second.

If I knew this, I never would have rent a server to set up a nice racing place open for the community. Not understandable how a game with such amazing and complex features can release such a dedicated server.

Edit: I wrote that I expected more from a 2.0 patch, but I actually have no idea how the heck I came to the idea that this was a major update. Removed the respective section in my post.
    Last edited by Marlborofranz; 11-10-2017 at 16:44.
    The following 9 users likes this Post: Aerobaticrug, Brado23, Dalhil, diknmuis, F1_Racer68, Minolin, Sascha F., Shooter80, Torsten Schmitt