Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oculus Rift - game doesn't switch to Rift Audio automatically

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Oculus Rift - game doesn't switch to Rift Audio automatically

When launching in VR mode it doesn't automatically switch to Rift built-in headphones forcing me to switch default audio device to Rift Audio before game launch.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    It uses the windows default which I am grateful for as I use Voicemeeter Banana for audio sharing for my bass shaker. I think you may be able to change it in Audio settings.

Platform
    PC
    I think it does if you plug in the Rift before you play, but if you leave your rift plugged in, you need to select Rift audio before launching the game if you have had it on another sound output. I've had this in a few games but you get used to it, I don't think it's just a PCARS thing.
    i7-7700K/MSI RTX 3080/Win10 64bit/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/HP Reverb G2/Fanatec CSL wheel + Clubsport V3 pedals/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member

Platform
    PC
    You can configure the output in the Audio Options. You can change this on the fly. This is extremely helpful. Great feature, SMS!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: BrainsBush, Purg

Platform
    PC
    I agree with crowhop - being able to change the audio on the fly is helpful. I only wish that it saved the settings between the Oculus and standard version. I would like it set to Rift when I launch in VR, but to my speakers normally, and it retains the setting between the versions.

Platform
    PC
    I was having this problem with other games, so I found and setup Voicemeeter. It runs audio through my sound card headphones output and rift at the same time, but only when it is open. Problem solved for me, plus my 3 year old can listen to me race.

Platform
    PC
    If it's audio from both speakers and the Rift that you seek, there is also a setting within the Oculus Software that will work over having to have an additional app running. With Oculus Home open on the desktop, go to Settings -> Devices -> Rift -> "Audio Output in VR" - and set to Both(audio mirroring).
    Specs: AMD Ryzen5 1600X, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, ASRock Taichi X370 Motherboard, Powercolor RX Vega64, Oculus Rift CV1, Logitech G27.
    Play in VR or not at all!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by crowhop View Post
    You can configure the output in the Audio Options. You can change this on the fly. This is extremely helpful. Great feature, SMS!
    It doesn't change on the fly for me though - it would've made this "feature" much less frustrating. Also, you can choose audio output in Rift settings if you like to use something other than Rift built-in headphones.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    I think it does if you plug in the Rift before you play, but if you leave your rift plugged in, you need to select Rift audio before launching the game if you have had it on another sound output. I've had this in a few games but you get used to it, I don't think it's just a PCARS thing.
    My Rift is plugged 24/7 so it's not the case.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by CP2 View Post
    If it's audio from both speakers and the Rift that you seek, there is also a setting within the Oculus Software that will work over having to have an additional app running. With Oculus Home open on the desktop, go to Settings -> Devices -> Rift -> "Audio Output in VR" - and set to Both(audio mirroring).
    that didn't work for me for some reason. I don't know, maybe I did something wrong.