Thread: Wrong/Confusing Classes in Time Attack Mode

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Wrong/Confusing Classes in Time Attack Mode

Hi there!

I am sorry to start my first post with a complaining request,
    however I found joy in racing against time and other players.

I spent much time to tackle the Hockenheim GP with the new Opel Astra TCR in the Touring Car Class and, after several rounds, managed to take the lead on the leaderboard.
    One day later I got beaten by a car that is or should not be in my desired car class: The Renault Megane Trophy V6.
    No matter how much I tried, I could not get to the pace with the Opel so I swapped cars and beat the Renault with another Renault.
    But I got curious and found out, that also the Ford Falcon V8 Supercar can time attack in the same "class" as the Touring Car Class and the Megane Trophy Class.

Why is that? I mean you implemented a structured class system for the cars ingame, yet you decided to let totally unbalanced cars of different classes to compete in the same leaderboard?
    As far as I can see the same strange rule applies to Formula A, Formula, ... down to Formula Rookie. Or even GT1,2,3,E,O etc.

Is that intended and if yes, why? Isn't it possible to stick to the more or less balanced class you put the cars in in the first place?

I would really like challenging time attacks with different cars instead of one car ruling them all by far.

So far, great job since I still enjoy your racing sim very much!

Screenshot for further clarification attached.

(I cannot insert it as I do have not enough posts in this forum. Sorry)

https:// imgur.com /a/ KzPzo
    The following 2 users likes this Post: SaxonRaider, Tbolt

Platform
    PC
    It's worst than that, I've just been driving the slowest cars in the game and some of them are on the same Leaderboard as the Toyota GT One!

Yes the class leaderboard is a bit pointless like this and I only really look at the same car board now.
    CPU: i7-8700K @ 4.9 GHz Mobo: Asus ROG Strix Z370-E RAM: 32GB DDR4 3000 MHz GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Dual Tower Storage: 500GB SSD, x2 2TB HDD Power Supply: Silverstone 1000W Case: Corsair Graphite Series 780T Black Monitor: HP 24" LP2475w Controllers: Logitech G27, Saitek X36, MFG Crosswinds
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Cole_Trickle, Ravager619, SaxonRaider

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    It is really pointless. This was the same in Project Cars 1 and i dont get it why this has not been fixed. What does it say that i am ranked as 100th on certain track in a Gt3 car when there are much faster Gt1’s on the same list.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Boskapongen, Cole_Trickle

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Known problem, already reported. I did it myself. I think there are others things more important to fix before the leaderboard filters. I hope they will make it better at some point.
    Last edited by Balles; 30-09-2017 at 10:16.
    PROCESSOR: watercooled I7 5820K@ 4.5Ghz. Video card : 1080GTX iChill X4 RAM : 32GB DDR4, OP SYS : Windows 10 64bit.
    HDD : SSD XP941 M.2 1Gb/s 256Go SCREEN : oculus CV1, WHEEL: Fanatec CSW V2, Formula, BMW, Flat rims, CSRE pedals, shifter SQ EU, handbrake
    OTHERS : motion rig 2DOF, Buttkicker THMP1
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Boskapongen, Cole_Trickle

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks for reporting it - yet, while it may be one of the less critical needed fixes, it should be from my understanding be one with the less difficulty to fix as it should mainly refer to database work.
    And in that context the fix for broken tracks where no lap time is being recorded, such as Daytona, could be applied as well.

I look forward to a fix in the upcoming patches and DLCs. I really hope for it! =)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

Astra set up

Hi, I have just got the opel astra and want to try winning with it online, can you offer any set ups for me please on popular tracks, it has a lot of oversteer faults on it I see when i have tried it.
    thanks
    Ian

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ian52 View Post
    Hi, I have just got the opel astra and want to try winning with it online, can you offer any set ups for me please on popular tracks, it has a lot of oversteer faults on it I see when i have tried it.
    thanks
    Ian
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1596569

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1596935
    Last edited by blinkngone; 21-07-2020 at 08:45.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Just noticed that my original post had my platform set to PC which was incorrect, I am using Xbox One.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole_Trickle View Post
    Hi there!

I am sorry to start my first post with a complaining request,
    however I found joy in racing against time and other players.

I spent much time to tackle the Hockenheim GP with the new Opel Astra TCR in the Touring Car Class and, after several rounds, managed to take the lead on the leaderboard.
    One day later I got beaten by a car that is or should not be in my desired car class: The Renault Megane Trophy V6.
    No matter how much I tried, I could not get to the pace with the Opel so I swapped cars and beat the Renault with another Renault.
    But I got curious and found out, that also the Ford Falcon V8 Supercar can time attack in the same "class" as the Touring Car Class and the Megane Trophy Class.

Why is that? I mean you implemented a structured class system for the cars ingame, yet you decided to let totally unbalanced cars of different classes to compete in the same leaderboard?
    As far as I can see the same strange rule applies to Formula A, Formula, ... down to Formula Rookie. Or even GT1,2,3,E,O etc.

Is that intended and if yes, why? Isn't it possible to stick to the more or less balanced class you put the cars in in the first place?

I would really like challenging time attacks with different cars instead of one car ruling them all by far.

So far, great job since I still enjoy your racing sim very much!

Screenshot for further clarification attached.

(I cannot insert it as I do have not enough posts in this forum. Sorry)

https:// imgur.com /a/ KzPzo
    This is why they are restricted, Microsoft restriction not a SMS decision.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...t=Leaderboards
    Ryzen9 5900x, rtx3090, reverb G2, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec DD2, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com