Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those having issues with Thrustmaster Tx....

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

For those having issues with Thrustmaster Tx....

So i have been having issues with Tx from release. Ffb all over the place, wheel screwing about for no reason etc etc.
    I was told i should try to update the Firmware as others i race with arent having the issues.
    Now after talking to Thustmaster directly the Firmware's latest release is V50 from 2015.
    HOWEVER they have released updated Driver's for the wheel which apparently Flash save to the wheel and do benefit the Xbox 1 .
    Now aswell as updating the drivers on the wheel i also deleted and re-installed the game, reset to default the wheel settings, left the "Informative" setting and ran the Calibration.

After playing for 2hours in different cars/tracks/conditions it was a HECK OF A LOT BETTER.

So would recommend anyone having issues to give it a go.

If you go to the Thrustmaster support page for the Tx and you want to download the below pack and install.
    Has to be done via a Pc obviously.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20170930-104444.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	241404

Hope this can help
    The following user likes this Post: CXR PhilGDUK

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Supes View Post
    So i have been having issues with Tx from release. Ffb all over the place, wheel screwing about for no reason etc etc.
    I was told i should try to update the Firmware as others i race with arent having the issues.
    Now after talking to Thustmaster directly the Firmware's latest release is V50 from 2015.
    HOWEVER they have released updated Driver's for the wheel which apparently Flash save to the wheel and do benefit the Xbox 1 .
    Now aswell as updating the drivers on the wheel i also deleted and re-installed the game, reset to default the wheel settings, left the "Informative" setting and ran the Calibration.

After playing for 2hours in different cars/tracks/conditions it was a HECK OF A LOT BETTER.

So would recommend anyone having issues to give it a go.

If you go to the Thrustmaster support page for the Tx and you want to download the below pack and install.
    Has to be done via a Pc obviously.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20170930-104444.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	241404

Hope this can help
    All looks good, link posted below.

https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/...acingwheel-en/
    Last edited by CXR PhilGDUK; 30-09-2017 at 11:08.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by CXR PhilGDUK View Post
    Ah thanks i thought i had added the link also ��
    The following user likes this Post: CXR PhilGDUK

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Those drivers are for PC, not Xbox, firmware is still the old V.50, you probably had an older firmware than v.50 on your wheel, drivers can't flash your wheel, only what is included in the firmware. My TX have the old V50 from 2015 and working flawlessly with PC2.
    Last edited by Ixoye56; 30-09-2017 at 14:39.
    Sorry for my bad English
    XBOX ONE X Thrustmaster TX with TM Leather 28 GT - Pedals T3PA - Shifter TH8A - Wheelstand Pro DELUXE V2
    The following user likes this Post: Y22 Rydr

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Ah thanks i thought i had added the link also ��
    Is really necessary reinstall the game??

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by gusbh View Post
    no not at all. Update the firmware using your PC but there should be no need to reinstall the game matey

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixoye56 View Post
    Those drivers are for PC, not Xbox, firmware is still the old V.50, you probably had an older firmware than v.50 on your wheel, drivers can't flash your wheel, only what is included in the firmware. My TX have the old V50 from 2015 and working flawlessly with PC2.

I said i thought the drivers were Pc only however he said the update would apply and create changes to the xbox gameplay. Also said the drivers would flash the wheel.
    So thats coming from Thrustmaster technical...

The driver on my wheel was V50 so no i did not have an older version on.
    So ive taken the info from Thrustmaster and my experience and it has sorted it. So if it helps others then its worth passing on.

If your wheel worked perfectly off the bat then i applaud you for being lucky as mine and it would seem many others havn't.
    Last edited by Super Supes; 30-09-2017 at 16:00.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by gusbh View Post
    Not necesarily i just did it to try everything to solve issues

Platform
    XBOX1 X

The driver on my wheel was V50 so no i did not have an older version on.
    This is where you are misinformed and giving out incorrect info.

The DRIVER on your wheel was not V50. The FIRMWARE on your wheel was V50.

You cannot flash drivers to the wheel, you either misunderstood what Tech support told you, or Tech support told you the wrong info. You only flash Firmware to the wheel. And judging by your quote where I highlighted it in bold, I can see you are just confused on the difference between a DRIVER and FIRMWARE, since you keep calling the FIRMWARE a DRIVER. Not trying to be hateful about this, just trying to educate you. Drivers get installed to a Windows operating system, the wheel does not have an OS. All you did was install/reinstall the Firmware that was already on there. If something really got fixed, likely it was the game re-install or you had some old firmware in the wheel previously or possibly a bunked firmware installed previously.

Best bet if people are having issues with the TX.

Install/Update wheel Firmware.
    Hard reset your Xbox
    Re-Install game.
    Make sure the wheel is connected to the Xbox BEFORE turning it on.
    Do not use "Instant On"
    Open game and select "Start Engine" in Title screen WITH WHEEL. Not your controller.
    DO NOT disconnect the wheel from the Xbox while the Xbox is on and plug it back in.
    Make sure ALL other apps in Xbox are closed.

I accidentally yanked my USB cord out of my Xbox for my wheel while playing. I plugged it back in and it started to act wacky. Shut system down FULLY. Turned it back on, went back to normal.

I do all this and have had zero issues. I have about 10 hours into the game with the TX wheel with no problems.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiced46 View Post
    This is where you are misinformed and giving out incorrect info.

The DRIVER on your wheel was not V50. The FIRMWARE on your wheel was V50.

You cannot flash drivers to the wheel, you either misunderstood what Tech support told you, or Tech support told you the wrong info. You only flash Firmware to the wheel. And judging by your quote where I highlighted it in bold, I can see you are just confused on the difference between a DRIVER and FIRMWARE, since you keep calling the FIRMWARE a DRIVER. Not trying to be hateful about this, just trying to educate you. Drivers get installed to a Windows operating system, the wheel does not have an OS. All you did was install/reinstall the Firmware that was already on there. If something really got fixed, likely it was the game re-install or you had some old firmware in the wheel previously or possibly a bunked firmware installed previously.

Best bet if people are having issues with the TX.

Install/Update wheel Firmware.
    Hard reset your Xbox
    Re-Install game.
    Make sure the wheel is connected to the Xbox BEFORE turning it on.
    Do not use "Instant On"
    Open game and select "Start Engine" in Title screen WITH WHEEL. Not your controller.
    DO NOT disconnect the wheel from the Xbox while the Xbox is on and plug it back in.
    Make sure ALL other apps in Xbox are closed.

I accidentally yanked my USB cord out of my Xbox for my wheel while playing. I plugged it back in and it started to act wacky. Shut system down FULLY. Turned it back on, went back to normal.

I do all this and have had zero issues. I have about 10 hours into the game with the TX wheel with no problems.
    Or i accidentally put wrong word in.
    But ok....will inform Thrustmaster they dont know what they are talking about.
    I will learn how to read as obviously i cannot read the firmware the wheel had installed.

Obviously my wheel was working perfect beforr as i keep being told how wrong i am..