Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Manual rolling starts

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Newsam View Post
    i've found the rolling starts pretty hard normally ending up with a penilty because the ai crash into the back of me.
    Yes, same here... hopefully they will sort this soon (next patch maybe)

Platform
    PC
    The formation lap was something I was looking forward to , I don't bother with it now ! Hopefully it gets patched as it's massively frustrating currently

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlier View Post
    so it sounds like p1 just has to hold the 75mph limit until green. That is straight forward. however if i understand correctly, Offline, p1 has to make sure to not get hit by ai (which is free exceed this speed limit and is also free to overtake before the green or even before the start lights come up). Online, p1 has to maintain the 75mph speed limit until green and everyone else is free to accelerate as long as they don't overtake before green.

I hope that can be adjusted in a patch! in the meantime, can P1 slow down to a stop when the first lights come up to prevent everyone else from jumping? (obviously not offline as the ai will simply pass you w no penalty.)
    I don't race offline so I have no idea what the AI is doing but online manual rolling starts work well if the leader slows the field to 45-50 mph. It's also harder to jump the leader if he slows the field down.

Also you have to remember that in RL most restarts are dictated by a restart zone and a set of rules that dictates behavior in that zone. Our rolling start is dictated by grid lights which comes with a strategy of its own. We do manual restarts all the time and they work well for us.
    CAR AIN'T GOT NO ROOF!!!!! - Young Dro

All difficult things have their origin in that which is easy, and great things in that which is small - Lao Tzu
    The following user likes this Post: Outlier

Keena
    Quote Originally Posted by DECATUR PLAYA View Post
    I don't race offline so I have no idea what the AI is doing but online manual rolling starts work well if the leader slows the field to 45-50 mph. It's also harder to jump the leader if he slows the field down.

Also you have to remember that in RL most restarts are dictated by a restart zone and a set of rules that dictates behavior in that zone. Our rolling start is dictated by grid lights which comes with a strategy of its own. We do manual restarts all the time and they work well for us.
    All good points well made but just a couple of points of my own- I don't race online so it remains pretty flipping awful for me and 2) I'm not racing in real life as evidenced by my car getting C) totalled before I cross the start finish line or D) getting a penalty for hitting 120kph before the green let alone exceeding it, or E) getting overtaken by about 4 cars before turn 1 because I was stupid enough to think that getting pole was a good idea before finding myself limited to 120kph and the AI not. But yeah, I take your point.
    Last edited by Keena; 26-10-2017 at 21:57.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Bump.

This still happens exactly as described in the first post.

Example: In career mode @Dubai with the Renault RS GT3 car, the AI cars are way past 120km/h at race start and bump right into my back, giving me a 5s penalty.

It’s such a spoiler of an otherways great experience. Makes you want to throw your wheel at the monitor. Luckily mine is firmly attached..
    The following 2 users likes this Post: APR193, seb02

Platform
    PC
    Yeah, rolling start with formation lap is completely useless at the moment. Thought it will be great but soon just put the formation lap off since it is more frustrating than anything else. Without the formation lap I still get passed by 1 or two AI before the 1st corner but can usually get my position back within the 1st lap. No realism in this at all. Qualifying in pole position doesn't help to control the start as the AI will just blindly overtake at the maximum allowed speed and it is impossible to catch up since that would mean exceeding the speed limit and getting a penalty.

If they can't get this fixed I hope we have an option to just start every race with a standing start.
    Steam: DuskyDemon
    | Intel i7 7700K @ 4.20 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Thrustmaster TX Ferrari GTE Wheel | Fanatec Clubsport V3 Pedals | Oculus Rift |
    The following user likes this Post: APR193

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I just got this game, I'm surprised this problem was never fixed.