Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Manual rolling starts

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Manual rolling starts

Any work being done on the manual formation lap & rolling start?

They appear to be all over the place & more single file rolling starts rather than the double file rolling starts we see in motorsports.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    On Xbox they are double for the most part but seem to be glitched. You could be pole and then start at p5 or further back, sand it will say maintain p1 or take lead of formations. At Nurburgring I wasn't able to catch up at all it was like race was on but it was supposed to be parade lap

There were so many issues I just turned off and I'll turn it back on when notes address it

Platform
    PC
    i've found the rolling starts pretty hard normally ending up with a penilty because the ai crash into the back of me.
    (Gamer Tag: Stigbeater)Main rig Intel i5 6600k o.c'd 4.4ghz | motherboard MSI Z170 Gaming pro Carbon | 16gb DDR4 2400mhz ram |MSI Gaming x 8 Nvidia GTX 1070 | Windows 10 64bit |
    Logitech G27 all drivers upto date. g-sync monitor running@1920x1080p 144hz
    Intel itx RIG Intel i5 3470 oc'd 3.8Ghz|8Gb ddr3 1600Mhz ram|GTX 1060 3Gb|Windows 10 64bit| Xbox 360 controller| all latest drivers.
    Video games don't cause violence! LAG DOES!!!!!

Platform
    PC
    Are you trying these on ovals? I've always been using rolling starts (offline on regular tracks) and it worked fine for me. Though I didn't really pay attention to whether the AI is driving in one or two lanes. Never had issues getting wrecked by the AI nor getting penalties or such....

Have to test that...

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlborofranz View Post
    Are you trying these on ovals? I've always been using rolling starts (offline on regular tracks) and it worked fine for me. Though I didn't really pay attention to whether the AI is driving in one or two lanes. Never had issues getting wrecked by the AI nor getting penalties or such....

Have to test that...
    no this was on european tracks with the gt class of cars.
    (Gamer Tag: Stigbeater)Main rig Intel i5 6600k o.c'd 4.4ghz | motherboard MSI Z170 Gaming pro Carbon | 16gb DDR4 2400mhz ram |MSI Gaming x 8 Nvidia GTX 1070 | Windows 10 64bit |
    Logitech G27 all drivers upto date. g-sync monitor running@1920x1080p 144hz
    Intel itx RIG Intel i5 3470 oc'd 3.8Ghz|8Gb ddr3 1600Mhz ram|GTX 1060 3Gb|Windows 10 64bit| Xbox 360 controller| all latest drivers.
    Video games don't cause violence! LAG DOES!!!!!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Rolling starts can get extremely frustrating. Its either having to let 1 to 2 AI drivers pass you or receiving a penalty for speeding/getting crashed into. Theres tracks where you can just blast away for two seconds, then maintaining the speed limit for the green. Else than that, its restarting the race until it works out in your favour.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I did a parade lap around le mans today (yes it took a while at 75mph), problem came before the final two chicanes when the voice said "get ready to race" (or something like that). The ai immediately started racing and ass ended me into the wall. Lol.

Idea = Great.
    Application = Sh**.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambit74 View Post
    I did a parade lap around le mans today (yes it took a while at 75mph), problem came before the final two chicanes when the voice said "get ready to race" (or something like that). The ai immediately started racing and ass ended me into the wall. Lol.

Idea = Great.
    Application = Sh**.
    Don't even try it at Long Beach... what a pain coming to take the green flag out of the hairpin.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    It's such a shame, I thought it was great and added to the realism no end.... Until I was violated before the Ford Chicanes. Hopefully they can fix it. The AI is still a bit dim, I watched the ai have a crash at the top of Mount Panorama and the rest of the field just drove into the spun car and kept pushing, it took a good 5 minutes for them all to get through. Lol.

Platform
    XBOX1
    I'm really struggling with this now on GT4 US series. i basically keep the car in 2nd to keep below 75 mph. but sometimes the 2nd and 3rd place cars pass me i the final turn before thr start lights come up and they keep accelerating through the start. They jump my position before the start and just keep on going seemingly w no penalty. when I restart and block them before the last corner they will sometimes take off and pass me on the straight before the green. and if i start to go before green, i get a penalty. on my last two attempts a held on till green and was thrilled when the ai didn't pass me. I had a perfect start ... and then the penalty comes up???? even if i held 73 mph in 2nd gear and held my shift to 3rd till green!

the only way i've found to get a clean start is to let 1 or 2 ai cars by before the start.

Is there a trick to rolling starts a rule i don't know about that i'm breaking?