Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Manual rolling starts

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Seems to me like the AI cars really need to just start slowing/bunching up at the beginning of the last sector instead of the last corner. As it is, the first 3-4 rows get collected fine but after that it's pretty much single file still.

Also yes, they do tend to bump into you if you don't time the start right. But that can be fixed with practice.
    Project Cars 2 is coming here! Okay enough with the silly signatures... I gotta find something better to put here.

Platform
    PS4
    I had this experience while running races at Oulton Park. You could be P1, slow down for the final right hand corner before the lights go green, get hit from behind and incur a time penalty for getting in P2's way.

Keena
    I've had no real issues with this aside from 120kph is real slow on a long lap.

Platform
    XBOX1
    You can go over the speed limit, as long as you go back to 120 under 5 seconds.

My issue with it is that it only applies to the leader (online), right until the green, so leading the pack is agreeing to loose at least one spot because everybody but you can accelerate before the green and get away with it (as long as there are no overtakes done).
    The following user likes this Post:

Keena
    Quote Originally Posted by Ofnir4 View Post
    You can go over the speed limit, as long as you go back to 120 under 5 seconds.

My issue with it is that it only applies to the leader (online), right until the green, so leading the pack is agreeing to loose at least one spot because everybody but you can accelerate before the green and get away with it (as long as there are no overtakes done).
    Yeah, that trend is becoming apparent to me now. And if you even blip 120kph once the countdown starts its an instant drivethrough. So you are already at about 115 steady as everyone behind you floors it. Somewhat predictably turn 1 becomes a bit galling as about 3 cars typically pass you.. somewhat negates the point of pole position. In fact I no longer am going to try for pole position. A high midfield should be safer..
    Last edited by Keena; 26-10-2017 at 10:39.

Platform
    XBOX1
    P2 is the best spot you can have, and that is saying something.

All you can do as P1 is watch your brakes and tyres go down in temp. And cry, a lot.

I get the idea, the leader not being able to run away on the formation lap, the guys behind being able to catch if anything happens.
    But you can catch up in the final sector, this is where the speed limit should apply to the leader, when the field is bunched up again, everyone should have a speed limit. (with the 5 seconds delay, no gaps in the grip should be apparent)

Keena
    Quote Originally Posted by Ofnir4 View Post
    P2 is the best spot you can have, and that is saying something.

All you can do as P1 is watch your brakes and tyres go down in temp. And cry, a lot.

I get the idea, the leader not being able to run away on the formation lap, the guys behind being able to catch if anything happens.
    But you can catch up in the final sector, this is where the speed limit should apply to the leader, when the field is bunched up again, everyone should have a speed limit. (with the 5 seconds delay, no gaps in the grip should be apparent)
    Absolutely, just lump everyone onto the pit lane speed limiter, leader to have it engaged by some arbitrary point on the track and everyone else to have it on by the countdown. Problem solved..?

Platform
    PC
    Yeah I was having issues in career GT4 at Zolder with the rolling start. I qualified in first, manual rolling start started me in first but at the last turn the AI kept hitting me, got 2x contact penalties from the AI first attempt. Then I restarted, got 1 contact penalty second attempt. Third attempt I stayed way to the side and let the AI pass me freely, lost several positions. Backed out, turned manual rolling starts off, re-entered and it started me in p2 for the automatic rolling start. It was all pretty broken.

Platform
    XBOX1
    so it sounds like p1 just has to hold the 75mph limit until green. That is straight forward. however if i understand correctly, Offline, p1 has to make sure to not get hit by ai (which is free exceed this speed limit and is also free to overtake before the green or even before the start lights come up). Online, p1 has to maintain the 75mph speed limit until green and everyone else is free to accelerate as long as they don't overtake before green.

I hope that can be adjusted in a patch! in the meantime, can P1 slow down to a stop when the first lights come up to prevent everyone else from jumping? (obviously not offline as the ai will simply pass you w no penalty.)
    The following user likes this Post: seb02

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by LM24z View Post
    Don't even try it at Long Beach... what a pain coming to take the green flag out of the hairpin.
    Or Spa. There is zero chance the ai is not crashing into you in the final corner before the start straight.