Page 303 of 303 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303
Results 3,021 to 3,026 of 3026

Thread: VR Guide - Setup, Settings and General tips

Platform
    PC
    Update*

It does improve performance. I have a replay that had CPU frame time spikes at a certain point on SUGO (that translated to stuttering) that no longer stutters at that point in that replay.

Without rolling back the driver to pre-reBAR and disabling the feature in the BIOS, this replay is the closest thing I will get to a correct A/B comparison because I noticed the stuttering before reBAR was a thing and it was consistent and repeatable. With reBAR forced on, it doesn't stutter there anymore.

A bit OT, but I tried to force reBAR on iRacing and the variables don't show up in the "unknown list". -So I can't force it on. Oh well.
    Steam name: z1nonly YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Z1NONLY/featured Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/z1nonly172
    3800X / RTX 3080 FE / 32gb DDR4 @3600 C15 / HP Reverb Pro / GTA-F racing simulator / Fanatec CSL Elite-P1 / CS V3 pedals / CS Shifter SQ V 1.5
    The following 2 users likes this Post: DaWorstPlaya, PostBox981

Platform
    PC
    Nice, I did the reBAR update on my Gigabyte RTX 3080 but haven't had time to test PCars2.
    Have you guys heard of the RTX 3080/3090 thermal pad upgrade? It drops the GDDR6x memory temps by 30C, I just did it on mine. I'm thinking about upping the memory frequency for another little (1-2%) performance boost. Might not be much but every little bit counts with the G2.
    What line?
    PC: Ryzen7 5800x, RTX 3080Ti, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD HD, Oculus Rift, Vive Pro, HP Reverb G1 and G2
    Wheel/Pedal: Fanatec Clubsport wheel, pedal, shifter and handbrake
    Next Level Racing Motion V3/Traction+

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by DaWorstPlaya View Post
    Nice, I did the reBAR update on my Gigabyte RTX 3080 but haven't had time to test PCars2.
    Have you guys heard of the RTX 3080/3090 thermal pad upgrade? It drops the GDDR6x memory temps by 30C, I just did it on mine. I'm thinking about upping the memory frequency for another little (1-2%) performance boost. Might not be much but every little bit counts with the G2.
    I don't want to risk warranty disputes with Nvidia, so I'm leaving it bone stock. My memory junction temps are in the high 80's with a custom fan curve, so I'm okay with it stock.

If I could just buy a new one if something went wrong, I would replace the pads, but scarcity has me a bit paranoid.
    Steam name: z1nonly YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Z1NONLY/featured Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/z1nonly172
    3800X / RTX 3080 FE / 32gb DDR4 @3600 C15 / HP Reverb Pro / GTA-F racing simulator / Fanatec CSL Elite-P1 / CS V3 pedals / CS Shifter SQ V 1.5

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinz View Post
    I don't want to risk warranty disputes with Nvidia, so I'm leaving it bone stock. My memory junction temps are in the high 80's with a custom fan curve, so I'm okay with it stock.

If I could just buy a new one if something went wrong, I would replace the pads, but scarcity has me a bit paranoid.
    My memory temps went from 110C to 80C after doing a thermal pad upgrade. The way I see it, its actually protecting the memory long term but I see your point.
    What line?
    PC: Ryzen7 5800x, RTX 3080Ti, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD HD, Oculus Rift, Vive Pro, HP Reverb G1 and G2

Platform
    PC
    I took some time to "properly" test today and it seems the uplift came from either the new BIOS or the new driver or a combination of the two. Not the reBAR feature itself.

I set up a a 2 lap race in the rain to strain the GPU, recorded the replay, and then used the replay as a repeatable benchmark. There's almost no difference, but what little difference there is favors not forcing reBAR. reBAR drops a frame or two more than no reBAR . The % of time spent at less than 11.1ms is consistently *slightly* higher with no reBAR and the 99.9% is also slightly better with no reBAR.

The good news is that PC2 runs better than before, it just seems to be improved BIOS or drivers in general rather than the reBAR feature itself.

Platform
    PC
    Let's hope PCars4 goes back to it's roots and gives us PCars2 with fixes and DLSS 2.1/ FidelityFX SS support in VR. That would really be a god send. Patiently waiting for it's announcement as AMS2 just isn't doing it for me.
    What line?
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants