Page 306 of 306 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306
Results 3,051 to 3,058 of 3058

Thread: VR Guide - Setup, Settings and General tips

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by DatResonance View Post
    Yeah, i tried launch options like -vr and -openvr, both are then does`t give any effect. Starting is more strange. Game doesn't start from SteamVR Home area, only directly from library. Game always start full sceen, and always shows "Prepairing to Lauch" in headset.
    SteamVR also does not recognize the game.
    After certain anmount of time "Prepairing to Lauch" dissapear and (if u don`t have WMR controller) u can`t do anything besides only restart SteamVR.

It also not trigger SteamVR. Usally, when u start some game from Steam, but u didn't launch SteamVR and sitting Mixed Reality Portal it start forced. This does not happen with PC2.
    No clue. Did you buy and install it via Steam, the "regular" way? Did you check file integrity?

Anybody else any ideas?
    CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K | Mainboard: MSI Z590 Pro WiFi | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3200 | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming Pro | HP Reverb G2 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec DD1 Wheelbase / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PostBox981 View Post
    No clue. Did you buy and install it via Steam, the "regular" way? Did you check file integrity?

Anybody else any ideas?
    Files checked, no isuues with that.
    If the "regular" way is to buy and install through Steam, then yes.

Like i said i had no any issues with that couple months ago.
    Saw some other players starts report the similar issues on Steam.

Platform
    PC
    Well gents I think the time has finally come for no compromise high rez VR in PCars2. Got my RTX4090 and have been testing, the days of reducing settings for night and rain races are over.
    What line?
    PC: Ryzen7 5800x 3D, RTX 4090, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD HD, Oculus Rift, Vive Pro, HP Reverb G2
    Wheel/Pedal: Fanatec Clubsport wheel, pedal, shifter and handbrake
    Next Level Racing Motion V3/Traction+

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by DaWorstPlaya View Post
    Well gents I think the time has finally come for no compromise high rez VR in PCars2. Got my RTX4090 and have been testing, the days of reducing settings for night and rain races are over.
    I would like to try this as well, have been considering buying a 4090. But then my Reverb died. Not sure what to do next. Warranty is over, so I guess I have to pay full repair price, whatever that may be.

Anyway, enjoy your new toy, I will follow later.
    CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K | Mainboard: MSI Z590 Pro WiFi | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3200 | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming Pro | HP Reverb G2 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec DD1 Wheelbase / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

Platform
    PC
    Looking forward to hear your impressions. I have a 3080Ti as well and would be interested to see what the uplift in performance is.
    (BTW - I can't figure out how to update my signature, it seems uneditable).
    Last edited by kingsti; 15-10-2022 at 13:43.
    Now:
    CPU - Intel i7-4770K @ 4GHz: PALIT GeForce RTX2080TI GamingPro OC 11GB DDR6 : Motherboard - Gigabyte GA Z87X-OC :
    Memory - 16GB- DDR3 : OS Windows 8.1 64 bit : Screen - Philips 43" 4K BDM4350UC monitor @ Resolution 3840x2160 : VR - Valve Index : Wheel - Logitech G27 : Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX

Platform
    PC
    Go to Control Panel on the top right, then Edit Signature on the left, that should still work.

Platform
    PC
    Well I think it has double the performance of my 3080Ti in raster. I tested my "clear weather" 3080Ti VR settings in a night race with Thunder storms at Long beach. Which I think is one of the hardest tracks to render in VR at night. Started middle of the pack so I would have headlights both in front and behind me, with rain and lightning and the game ran butter smooth. With the 3080Ti I usually would have to drop SS by about 40% to get smooth frame rates in these conditions. The G2 held 90fps throughout the entire race without a breaking a sweat. It truly was amazing, everything looked clear and sharp and ran stutter free. A quick glance at the GPU usage in the taskmanager showed about 80-90% utilization on the 4090 in those conditions. fpsVR showed a max of 8-9ms max frame render.

Then I ran another test at Long Beach but his time 7pm dusk where the sky is pink/purple and gradually changing color. A full field of Audi GT3 cars, with the cars set to high detail and clear skies. Anyone that has done this test knows that PCars2 starts to chug at certain spots on the track when you set the time to dawn or dusk, eg: close to the water fountain and other areas. Well not this time! It ran as smooth as during day time races.

I am running the SteamVR open FSR mod and global supersampling set to 90% in SteamVR, which is over 3000x3000 per eye render. I think the days of dropping graphics settings for night and rain races might finally be over. Gents I think we have finally conquered PCars2 in VR. We finally have graphics in VR to match the physics. It only took 6 years from the games release. What a great time to be alive!
    What line?
    PC: Ryzen7 5800x 3D, RTX 4090, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD HD, Oculus Rift, Vive Pro, HP Reverb G2
    Wheel/Pedal: Fanatec Clubsport wheel, pedal, shifter and handbrake
    Next Level Racing Motion V3/Traction+
    The following user likes this Post: PostBox981

Platform
    PC
    I got a 4090 last night, but run it a little differently. I keep it at 60hz, Ultra settings, MSAA medium, but increase the resolution to 200%. It looks spectacular! Even at this resolution, in a clear daytime race, FpsVR shows less than 50% GPU usage. At Le Mans historic, night, rain, GPU usage is 70-90%, there were some frame drops at the start.

I had a 3090ti and it could run the same settings during clear day settings at about 70-80%. Not really usable at night with rain.

Very pleased!
    I9-10850k l rtx4090 l HP Reverb G1 & G2 l Fanatec BMW wheel csw2.5, shifter, V3 pedals l Samsung Odyssey G9 49" Ultrawide
    The following 2 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, PostBox981