Page 5 of 304 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: VR Guide - Setup, Settings and General tips

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad711 View Post
    5) Make sure you set SS (Super Sampling) in either the Tray tool or Debug tool to 1.0.
    We will control SS from within the game.

What is the "tray tool"? I am using Debug app for Oculus and see the visible HUD option but I do not see any settings to adjust SS? Can you point that out please? Thank you
    if you are oculus just use in game supersampling options

theres is no need whatsoever to use the debug tool for anything with pcars 2

Platform
    PC
    Tray tool can be found here:
    https://forums.oculus.com/community/...s-hopefully/p1

I personally dont use ANY of those, no need when u can set SS in the games.... Some has reported issues with those apps in background.
    Fanatec CSW V2.5 / Rims: BMW M3 GT2 / F1 / CS V3 Pedals + Brake Perf Kit / I7-5930K@4.2 / MSI 1080ti GX / Asus X99-A / 32Gb Ram / rSeat RS1 / Rift CV1 / Win10/64
    The following user likes this Post: Qwaszx

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad711 View Post
    have some questions for OP

1) What is the "tray tool"? I am using Debug app for Oculus and see the visible HUD option but I do not see any settings to adjust SS? Can you point that out please? Thank you

2) Curious what does changing the world movement to 0 do? In this PC2 and old one that setting is backwards. So 100 is off, 0 is on. Can you clarify?

3) I'm also curious why you changed Wold Movement, G Force, Helmet Look to Apex and Helmet lean to zero? Appreciate the help! Just want to understand these settings and the affect.
    1) TrayTool is an additional software used to set different settings for the Oculus Rift and its driver.
    Both the Traytool and the official Debug tool have the option to set SS.
    Anyway, you don’t have to do anything with these if you’ve never done any changes using them in the past.

2) World Movement to 0 works just as Lock to Horizon does in AC if that makes sense. It is a subjective setting which helped me at the beginning with motion sickness, and it is what I still recommend using.

3) In general, you want 0 movement created by the sim when using VR headsets. The only movement you want in-game is your own head.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwaszx View Post
    1) TrayTool is an additional software used to set different settings for the Oculus Rift and its driver.
    Both the Traytool and the official Debug tool have the option to set SS.
    Anyway, you don’t have to do anything with these if you’ve never done any changes using them in the past.

2) World Movement to 0 works just as Lock to Horizon does in AC if that makes sense. It is a subjective setting which helped me at the beginning with motion sickness, and it is what I still recommend using.

3) In general, you want 0 movement created by the sim when using VR headsets. The only movement you want in-game is your own head.
    Ok great so if I move these back to the default settings it's not performance impacting? I really do not have any problems with motion sickness and noticed that the game seemed less immersive to me when all these are set at 0. Maybe I got use to things moving around a bit?

I'm having a hard time understanding how to use the shortcut step. Where do I put: "steam://launch/378860/othervr" in the shortcut? Do I over write something with this?

Edit: nevermind I got the shortcut figured out, had to add it from steam not the game folder.
    Last edited by Chad711; 06-10-2017 at 18:21.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Qwaszx, I have a issue. I change the movement settings to what you recommended with the camera leaning to 75. I'm practicing daytona and it makes the car turn at a angle but since I don't have a motion rig i have to turn my head sideways which is very unnatural. I changed this back to 0 and game crashed. Now no matter what I set it on it won't change the view. The number changes in menus but the visuals don't Is there a specific file I can delete to fix this or do I need to delete all my settings and start over? Any help would be great. And just so you know I have tried all combinations of things to fix it.
    Last edited by Fight-Test; 06-10-2017 at 18:25.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Fight-Test View Post
    Qwaszx, I have a issue. I change the movement settings to what you recommended with the camera leaning to 75. I'm practicing daytona and it makes the car turn at a angle but since I don't have a motion rig i have to turn my head sideways which is very unnatural. I changed this back to 0 and game crashed. Now no matter what I set it on it won't change the view. The number changes in menus but the visuals don't Is there a specific file I can delete to fix this or do I need to delete all my settings and start over? Any help would be great. And just so you know I have tried all combinations of things to fix it.
    Sorry I can’t be of more help on this now as I am traveling abroad at the moment.
    I recommend 0 leaning if you’re driving ovals too.

If you can’t make it stick, you should probably delete all settings files unfortunately as we can’t isolate it at the moment.
    The following user likes this Post: Fight-Test

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by mshagg View Post
    SteamVR supersampling works fine on HTC Vive. If you're hacking PSVR through OpenVR or similar that's a different story.

Compositor supersampling (or subsampling) will impact menus and the HUD as they are drawn on a different layer in the compositor.
    Exactly, supersampling in game does not help with the VIVE but supersampling in SteamVR menu does make a big difference.
    And as mentioned already compositor is not for the game it's for the menu.

And I don't know why there should be the FoV changed as it doesn't matter in VR but it changes the view in 2D, what I sometimes also use. I don't see any changes in popups in VR with setting 60, 82 or 90 for cockpit camera. Maybe the OP could give an example where he sees a difference?

And really, automatic camera leaning in VR?

World Movement is a matter of taste, I like World Movement 50, because it's nearly to the real feeling driving my real car it dampens the movement of world and car. Whereas World Movement 0 fixes the camera to the track and the car is unrealistically moving whereas the world is fixed.

With the VIVE there is also something off with shadows. Shadows on low or med give a lot of flickering whereas shadows off are helping a lot with this. Seems this is not affecting the Rift.

What's visible is that the picture is a litte different rendered in cockpit and helmet (helmet = off) view. Maybe that's also worth to check.
    Last edited by jpmmuc; 06-10-2017 at 22:25.
    Wheel: Fanatec Podium DD Wheelbase, HE Sprint Pedals, Fanatec H-Shifter
    System: Win 10 (2004) / Intel Core i9 9900K / Geforce RTX 2080TI
    Monitor: 35" 21:9 (3440x1440)
    VR Headset: Valve Index, HTC Vive wireless
    The following user likes this Post: Daniel Hermansen

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I'm using most of the settings from the OP on my GTX 1070 and Oculus Rift, with supersampling at 1.1.
    I've also adjusted my rift headset so it shows minimal blurriness. In game it's still pretty bad. Reading the distance signs before corners are impossible. Even big signs and logos are difficult to make out unless I'm close. I find it much harder to see corners coming up and deciding on breaking points. The car hud is easily readable, but also slightly blurry.
    Am I doing something wrong, or is this just the way it is?
    If this is the way it is, will my eyes adjust?
    Today is my first day with Rift. I've been playing my sims on a 1440p G-sync 144hz IPS panel before this.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Fight-Test View Post
    put world movement to 100 for realistic

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    which file should I delete.