Thread: Xbox 1 Fanatec CSW 2.5 help

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

Xbox 1 Fanatec CSW 2.5 help

Hi All,

I'm after a bit of help, I'm a novice when it comes to sim racing so please bear with me.

Having had a PS4 with a T300RS I really enjoyed playing Pcars and a few other titles, so I thought right, new Xbox X out soon so I'll buy a Fanatec CSW 2.5 (competition pack) for my Xbox one ready to enjoy the racing experience even more after reading some reviews online. (Having sold my track car when the kids came along I crave for the best feeling possible)

Just before everyone says build a PC its better in everyway - I have 2 kids & a missus that doesn't take to kindly to me spending hours dicking about on video games lol, so the pick up and play aspect of console ownership suits me fine, plus there's the space issue of having a rig around the house and 2 kids that would see it as a climbing frame.

I've just set up the wheel & pedals to my wheel stand pro V2 (need to find a way to secure pedals, but that's another thread entirely!) Loaded up Pcars2 expecting a typical plug & play approach (again another plus point to console ownership) and in the controller input section the only wheel available is Thrustmaster and I can't change it?!?!

I hope to god this is a mistake, glitch or something I'm doing wrong? Tried to play it on this setting and everything was way, way off, to the point i wouldnt know where to begin putting it right!

Again family life has meant I've not had the time to explore all the menus, but unfortunately this was not the start I wanted after shelling out so much money

I'm useless with settings and the Jargon used on forums so I appoligise in advance, but if someone can help in relatively simpleton/ idiot language I would be forever indebted!

Kind Regards

John

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I hope this helps....

Do you have the "universal hub"
    For XB1? That might be the problem/solution.

http://www.fanatec.com/us-en/steerin...ox-one-us.html

Typing this on my phone so I can't do a hyperlink.

I am with you on the practical aspect of a plug and play console vs. burning away most of your valuable Sim racing time fiddling with PC updates and your PC not recognizing your gear, etc.

[/]
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMc View Post
    Hi All,

I'm after a bit of help, I'm a novice when it comes to sim racing so please bear with me.

Having had a PS4 with a T300RS I really enjoyed playing Pcars and a few other titles, so I thought right, new Xbox X out soon so I'll buy a Fanatec CSW 2.5 (competition pack) for my Xbox one ready to enjoy the racing experience even more after reading some reviews online. (Having sold my track car when the kids came along I crave for the best feeling possible)

Just before everyone says build a PC its better in everyway - I have 2 kids & a missus that doesn't take to kindly to me spending hours dicking about on video games lol, so the pick up and play aspect of console ownership suits me fine, plus there's the space issue of having a rig around the house and 2 kids that would see it as a climbing frame.

I've just set up the wheel & pedals to my wheel stand pro V2 (need to find a way to secure pedals, but that's another thread entirely!) Loaded up Pcars2 expecting a typical plug & play approach (again another plus point to console ownership) and in the controller input section the only wheel available is Thrustmaster and I can't change it?!?!

I hope to god this is a mistake, glitch or something I'm doing wrong? Tried to play it on this setting and everything was way, way off, to the point i wouldnt know where to begin putting it right!

Again family life has meant I've not had the time to explore all the menus, but unfortunately this was not the start I wanted after shelling out so much money

I'm useless with settings and the Jargon used on forums so I appoligise in advance, but if someone can help in relatively simpleton/ idiot language I would be forever indebted!

Kind Regards

John

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by aj85234 View Post
    I hope this helps....

Do you have the "universal hub"

Typing this on my phone so I can't do a hyperlink.

I am with you on the practical aspect of a plug and play console vs. burning away most of your valuable Sim racing time fiddling with PC updates and your PC not recognizing your gear, etc.

[/]
    Thanks for taking the time to reply AJ

Sadly that link only takes me to the Fanatec website showing the universal hub & how much it is etc.... I don't actually have that, it was the competition bundle so has the CSW v2.5, CSL Elite P1 Wheel and CSL Elite pedals.

If you have a different link I could try that would be great.

Thanks again buddy!