Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AI question

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

AI question

Every race at the first turn I get creamed from the rear, thrown off the track, then I get a penalty, I get back on track fast but I can never catch up, the pack is like 30 seconds ahead of me. PC1 had much better AI. I like the game very much other than this problem...........
    The following user likes this Post: Raklodder

Platform
    PC
    try lowering the AI difficulty and the aggression .
    OS : Windows 10 64 bit \ Processor : Intel Core i7 8700k \ RAM : Corsair Vengeance led 3000mhz DDR4 16GB \ MB : S1151 ATX ASUS TUF Z370 PRO Gaming \ games on D : ST 1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device \ ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB \ Cooler Master HAF XM case \ 49" Samsung C49RG90 \ Buttkicker Gamer Pro 2 whit Simhub \ ButtKicker Simulation Kit \ SRS Shakekit Plus \ Logitech z5500 THX \ RSEAT RS1 Assetto Corsa edition \ Fanatec V2 \ Clubsport Shifter SQ \ Clubsport Formula Carbon \ BMW GT2 Wheel \ Clubsport F1 2018 Limited Edition \ Fanatec Clubsport V3 pedals\ Renovatio SRD9C CSW sli-style data display \ Sim Racing Hardware Monsta \ Oculus Rift S and Touch System . Logitech G533 Wireless gaming headset .

First racing game : Auto Racing from Intellivision .

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Will try that next, thanks.

WMD Member
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Are you using wheel or controler? What is AI skill level? Is it with sun/light rain/hard rain weather?

major sunscreen
    Yeah it's definately adjustable to taste. I just had the race of my life in formula rookie at donnington on 81% and aggression at 70. Started in P10 (made mistakes in qualifying) and was in the pack for most of the race. As long as you give them space they're very good IMHO, even overtook one on the outside into turn 1 which was risky. The issue of them shunting you from behind might be either difficulty or your choice of line I guess. There's always the undercut which is very satisfying to do, and sometimes I've even found it worthwhile to just let them through and settle for points. When it all comes together it's very very rewarding, and after that race I actually caught myself expelling a deep breath- id been holding it all the way through the final chicane in a balls to the wall blast past the lead car- won by half a car length..
    I've seen people on here blasting the ai- yeah definately the pace needs tweaking on a lot of circuits together with tyre and damage fixes, but as regards the driver behaviour in very impressed and know it will only get better with patches etc. I'm not bigging project cars up either as there's lots that's frustrating to me, but regarding this particular issue there's a solution to be found.
    Have a play with the difficulty and agression settings over a period of time, and consider brake pressure and ABS settings as well.
    Last edited by major sunscreen; 08-10-2017 at 19:01.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PC
    I think they are much better than in PC1, I feel that there are certain corners where they have too much grip and are able to just fly in there whilst we can't, so that's when some of the rear ending might occur as player 1 has less grip. But overall I get punted way less now playing PC2.

You can do side to side battles with them and they won't run you of the track but give you the necessary space which is very nice. I trust them more to notice me being there than I did with the AI in the first game. On the other hand they also go for the gap if you open the door and take your position cleanly whenever you screw up a corner entry, it's just a matter of giving them the space like you would with a human opponent and everything is fine.

AI just needs rebalancing now for all the possible car/track combo's out there (good luck Doug ), once that is arranged in the next months and you can actually leave the difficulty slider where it is without having to adjust it each time you load up a new session, offline racing will be very enjoyable indeed.

That, the slow starts and pile ups and some corners where they are too fast or too slow too.
    Last edited by mister dog; 08-10-2017 at 22:13.
    The following user likes this Post: tpw

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by mister dog View Post
    I think they are much better than in PC1, I feel that there are certain corners where they have too much grip and are able to just fly in there whilst we can't, so that's when some of the rear ending might occur as player 1 has less grip. But overall I get punted way less now playing PC2.

You can do side to side battles with them and they won't run you of the track but give you the necessary space which is very nice. I trust them more to notice me being there than I did with the AI in the first game. On the other hand they also go for the gap if you open the door and take your position cleanly whenever you screw up a corner entry, it's just a matter of giving them the space like you would with a human opponent and everything is fine.

AI just needs rebalancing now for all the possible car/track combo's out there (good luck Doug ), once that is arranged in the next months and you can actually leave the difficulty slider where it is without having to adjust it each time you load up a new session, offline racing will be very enjoyable indeed.

That, the slow starts and pile ups and some corners where they are too fast or too slow too.
    Thanks very much for the help here.......

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bigal1000 View Post
    Thanks very much for the help here.......
    You're welcome!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    The AI in PCars2 is definitely better than PCars1 if you have the aggression slider set correctly. They no longer drive into the side of you like you're not there and wipe you out like they did in PCars1.

Platform
    PC
    @PeteUplink: What do you have your aggression slider set to?
    AMD Ryzen 5 1600 - ASRock A320M Pro4 - EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING 6GB - G.Skill 16GB DDR4 - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 550W - Thrustmaster T300 RS - Triple monitors