Thread: Force start game in Oculus VR mode/Steam?

Platform
    PC

Force start game in Oculus VR mode/Steam?

Is there a way to force start game in Oculus VR mode from Steam? Not having to click the radio button every time.
    Fanatec CSW V2.5 / Rims: BMW M3 GT2 / F1 / CS V3 Pedals + Brake Perf Kit / I7-5930K@4.2 / MSI 1080ti GX / Asus X99-A / 32Gb Ram / rSeat RS1 / Rift CV1 / Win10/64

Platform
    PC
    Have SteamVR already running and run PC2 from the VR Section under library.
    GTX 1070 / Intel Core i7-4790K / 32GB Ram

Quote Originally Posted by IlIlSHADOWlIlI View Post
    Have SteamVR already running and run PC2 from the VR Section under library.
    No need for Steam VR for a Rift, just right click the game in your library and select to start in Oculus mode.

Ryzen R7 3800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite - 16Gig DDR4 (Ballistix Elite 3600) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 860 250G SSD, WD 6T Black, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - Gigabyte GM-M6880X Gaming Mouse - Fanatec CSL Elite + Formula V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Pro (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. Ryzen R5 3600X - Asus Prime X570-P - 32G DDR4 (Crucial Ballistix 3200) - EVGA RTX2060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad

YouTube channel - My attempt at a PC2 Career - a work in progress! - Trying other other racing content
    The following user likes this Post: Boskapongen

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    The auto adding of the game in the oculus library is broken, to me it mostly just crashes when I try launch from oculus home, or for some opens desktop.

But I don't really care about launching from home, I just want something quicker than having to open steam, right-click pcars2 on my list and select oculus vr mode.

This helped sort it for me, https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comm...m6&sh=55b262ac
    But I and I'm sure many others just want a desktop shortcut.
    My solution has been to create the desktop shortcut as suggested on the reddit thread, with the steam executeable as target, not your steamlibrary for pcars2 but the steam.exe itself.
    in the 'Target:" field of the shortcut add this snippet.
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" steam://launch/378860/othervr -silent
    If you specified a different install path for steam, use that instead of "C:\Program files (86)\Steam\*****"
    Last edited by TorTorden; 11-10-2017 at 09:29.
    Main rig: Asus ROG - strix z370, i7 8700k, MSI 1080ti gaming x, 16GB 3200mhz DDR4
    Logitech g533 headset. 32" ultrawide - Oculus Rift CV1.
    Wheel: G29
    Flight controls: Virpil t50 mongoose - TH Warthog throttle - CH pro throttle - MFG Crosswind.
    The following user likes this Post: Boskapongen

Platform
    PC

This works for me.

Create shortcut to steam.exe
    In properties of that shortcut target field = (If C: is your...)

NOTE : I have the -silent but this may not be required.

HINT : If you set Oculus to start as Admin (for all users) you can start the game from the newly created Desktop Link without the Oculus app loading.
    Once you have set Oculus app for admin you need to load it once beforehand, after that the game will start directly in Rift VR.

You can rename the Link (PC2VR for me)

Might help, might not
    Last edited by Boneboys; 11-10-2017 at 10:51.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Boneboys View Post

This works for me.

Create shortcut to steam.exe
    In properties of that shortcut target field = (If C: is your...)

NOTE : I have the -silent but this may not be required.

HINT : If you set Oculus to start as Admin (for all users) you can start the game from the newly created Desktop Link without the Oculus app loading.
    Once you have set Oculus app for admin you need to load it once beforehand, after that the game will start directly in Rift VR.

You can rename the Link (PC2VR for me)

Might help, might not
    I don't really see what the '-silent' does, just tried with and without, and it works exactly the same.
    My guess, something that was used before but now seem superfluous.
    Main rig: Asus ROG - strix z370, i7 8700k, MSI 1080ti gaming x, 16GB 3200mhz DDR4
    Flight controls: Virpil t50 mongoose - TH Warthog throttle - CH pro throttle - MFG Crosswind.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by TorTorden View Post
    My guess, something that was used before but now seem superfluous.
    Same method used when PC1 VR was implemented, it stopped Steam interrogation.
    I just tried an old method which happily works for PC2.

Thanks.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Aye, I'm just copying stuff off the internet's, not like I actually know anything :P

But at least now I have a desktop shortcut that launches Pcars2 in VR
    The following user likes this Post: pa_pinkelman