Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Force Feedback gets very weak after one lap

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Haven`t checked if the wheel is clipping, but I personally think my settings are not that high. Under Intensity 60 the wheel is really, really loose and feels like it is falling of in a short time.
    I posted a video in a german Project Cars forum and a member there said, that I only have 40% FFB. Maybe that is the problem? But then again, I don't know why.

Here is the video, maybe you can figure something out.

Edit: Unfortunately I can not post any links due to Spam Protection. My channel is called "KarateKing28" , I only have one video up, this is the right one.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    COMPETITIVE RACING LICENSE Infographic | FFB INFO | SAFE IS FAST
    PS4 | FANATEC CSL Elite | FANATEC ClubSport Pedals v3

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Thank you for posting that video. It's incredibly helpful, and helps everyone narrow down the problem.

Your histogram indicates you're not clipping. Your graph is indicating forces mostly in the first three columns, which should be fine.

Here's a screenshot of the histogram, in case anyone doesn't feel like watching the video:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	histogram.png 
Views:	80 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	245218

Unfortunately, the only thing left to suggest is that there is a problem with your wheel. Do you play any other sim racing titles? If so, do you experience any drop off in FFB in those titles?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Yes, I am playing GT Sports at the moment and if I use a higher FFB than 6/10 the wheel starts to loose FFB after about 20-30 minutes.
    I also played Project CARS 1 before and never had a problem, at least not one I can remember.

I also thought, that the wheel is overheating, but the wheel is brand new, and I play in a cold room in the basement, with forced cooling mode on. Of course there is still a chance, but if it really is overheating, than there is something wrong with the wheel.
    I already contacted the Thrustmaster Support twice but never got an answer.

And by the way: Thank you very much for posting the video!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    May be its the same Problem I Have with Info Flavour.
    When you start pc2 with info ffb the feedback is over strong, after driving 1 or 2 rounds it falls down to the normal Level I expected.
    Try restart session after driving a few corners, if its low after the restart than its its the same I have.
    This mostly happens after a fresh pcars2 start in the first race.
    With raw flavour this never happended.
    Please excuse my english
    CPU: i7-7700K | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC-Edition 11GB | Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix Z270F Gaming | Cooler: Corsair H60 V2 | SSD: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen: 3x HP ZR2240w 1920x1080 | Wheel: Thrustmaster T300RS/Fanatec CSP V3/TH8A | VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by bradleyland View Post
    Unfortunately, the only thing left to suggest is that there is a problem with your wheel. Do you play any other sim racing titles? If so, do you experience any drop off in FFB in those titles?
    This is right if the ffb widget is not bugged.... And my personal experience left me think that the ffb widget is sometimes bugged. I will try those 100 62 20 60 setting, to see how it feels and if the ffb widget says the same...
    PS4 pro - T300RS - T3PA-Pro - TH8A shifter - Alfa Romeo 147 leather seat - Homemade cockpit - Happy Driver My PC1 FFB settings - PC2 settings INFO 75 33 60 30 (this is not my phone number)

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueValue View Post
    Yes, I am playing GT Sports at the moment and if I use a higher FFB than 6/10 the wheel starts to loose FFB after about 20-30 minutes.
    I also played Project CARS 1 before and never had a problem, at least not one I can remember.

I also thought, that the wheel is overheating, but the wheel is brand new, and I play in a cold room in the basement, with forced cooling mode on. Of course there is still a chance, but if it really is overheating, than there is something wrong with the wheel.
    I already contacted the Thrustmaster Support twice but never got an answer.

And by the way: Thank you very much for posting the video!
    No problem

That pretty much confirms it. If the wheel is losing FFB in multiple titles, it has to be the wheel. Sadly, that means dealing with TM support

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by spacepadrille View Post
    This is right if the ffb widget is not bugged.... And my personal experience left me think that the ffb widget is sometimes bugged. I will try those 100 62 20 60 setting, to see how it feels and if the ffb widget says the same...
    I've run a really wide variety of FFB settings, and have definitely observed clipping in the FFB widget. My experience is that the FFB widget reflects the actual forces at the wheel, even in cars where the FFB is... strange.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueValue View Post
    My current FFB settings are:
    Informative
    Gain: 100
    Volume: 63
    Tone: 20
    FX: 65
    I just tried out the following settings:

Informative
    Gain: 100
    Volume: 62
    Tone: 20
    FX: 60

The weight isn't too heavy. It's really hard to visually guess (from the settings) what the weight of the FFB will be in pCARS 2, because of the interaction between Tone and Volume. Running low Tone really reduces the overall force, so high Gain and Volume are required.

IMO, the T300RS ought to be able to handle this level of force. I think the wheel has a problem.

Just for reference, this is how the forces are accounted for in the histogram:

The following 4 users likes this Post: PirovacBoy, RomKnight, skoader, VelvetTorpedo

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    @Bradleyland : very useful comment, thanks !

I experienced also some ffb settings where the clipping occurs and is shown by the widget. But it happens that you feel you are obviously clipping and the widget reflects nothing...
    PS4 pro - T300RS - T3PA-Pro - TH8A shifter - Alfa Romeo 147 leather seat - Homemade cockpit - Happy Driver My PC1 FFB settings - PC2 settings INFO 75 33 60 30 (this is not my phone number)
    The following user likes this Post: bradleyland