Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Formula Rookie career races

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Formula Rookie career races

Ok so I started my single player career in PC2. I have played PC1 a bunch and never absolutely had to tune my car but would a little bit just to shave a second or 2 off lap times.

So in PC2 the very first race with the AI at default, I believe it was 60, in PC1 this was usually around where I played 56 to 70 based on the track and class of car.

In this game my Formula Rookie car just cannot keep up with the AI they literally pull away in the straights and are just faster in general, I have had to use cheap tactics so far just to compete with them. I have tweaked the hell out of my car and just cannot get anymore speed out of it.

Does anyone have a good setup for this car or is it just this class of car or the game in general where the AI is impossible to keep up with? I feel like if I put down a perfect lap they are still 2 or 3 seconds faster than me at least.

There is no way I should be struggling this much, also this car just seems to randomly break loose in the rear end, I have to really push the car to its limits to compete with this insanely fast AI, its like their engine is 10 percent bigger, yet I can't because the car always spins out like I hit a banana peel out of no where.

Keena
    Quote Originally Posted by ToneStar View Post
    Ok so I started my single player career in PC2. I have played PC1 a bunch and never absolutely had to tune my car but would a little bit just to shave a second or 2 off lap times.

So in PC2 the very first race with the AI at default, I believe it was 60, in PC1 this was usually around where I played 56 to 70 based on the track and class of car.

In this game my Formula Rookie car just cannot keep up with the AI they literally pull away in the straights and are just faster in general, I have had to use cheap tactics so far just to compete with them. I have tweaked the hell out of my car and just cannot get anymore speed out of it.

Does anyone have a good setup for this car or is it just this class of car or the game in general where the AI is impossible to keep up with? I feel like if I put down a perfect lap they are still 2 or 3 seconds faster than me at least.

There is no way I should be struggling this much, also this car just seems to randomly break loose in the rear end, I have to really push the car to its limits to compete with this insanely fast AI, its like their engine is 10 percent bigger, yet I can't because the car always spins out like I hit a banana peel out of no where.
    Yeah I've had a blast with this car and love it to bits. Had same problems to begin with. Let me get back to my pc in a bit and I'll post some stuff

Keena
    OK Tonestar, your best bet is to read through the following thread. Any questions about anything in there either PM me direct or via this thread. Also I find doing the following when you head to a new track very useful:
    1) Do not try to go as fast as possible straight away. Instead load a default setup and simply drive the track. Note what gear you are in at the end of the longest straight. You need to first adjust so that you are just below the RPM limiter of the final gear at this point. Head back to the pits and adjust the final drive. If this is still not enough then adjust the final gear to achieve the aim, then work back up the gears so that changes are appropriate. Save your changes as something notable like "test setup 1". Then if you mess it up completely in later steps you can just load the previous. Then go and redrive the track, again without going for max pace. You are checking that final gear ratio but also if there are any awkward corners on the track where you might want to lengthen or shorten a gear. Only once this is done do I start worrying about balance. Of course the basics like tyre pressures need to be correct as obviously its the tyre that interfaces with the road. Anyway, have a read of the thread below and let me know how you get on.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ill-unplayable

http://zx81.isl.uiuc.edu/camilleg/gt4-cribsheet.pdf
    Last edited by Keena; 20-10-2017 at 14:38.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I gave up on this, some of the tuning helped and I won the race I was trying on but I had to cheat practically, the computer is just way faster than me no matter what I do to this car. I know it is not my driving and it is the car and setup and the way the AI is dialed in.

I really wish they would make it where you can download other peoples tunes easily from when track records were set, like the top 10 times or something of a track with a particular car.

Its funny I quit this career and started a new 1 with the Ginetta series, the first race with the same exact settings on the AI without tuning the car at all other than reducing the fuel load, I qualified first by 2 seconds, then won the 1st race on the first try with ease by about 10 seconds. So to me that tells me it is the car, league, ai, tuning of the car and not my driving.

It is just not going fast enough for whatever reason and it spins out too easily if I push it to its limits trying to get the times closer to the AI.

Keena
    I gave up on this, some of the tuning helped and I won the race I was trying on but I had to cheat practically, the computer is just way faster than me no matter what I do to this car. I know it is not my driving and it is the car and setup and the way the AI is dialed in.

I really wish they would make it where you can download other peoples tunes easily from when track records were set, like the top 10 times or something of a track with a particular car.

Its funny I quit this career and started a new 1 with the Ginetta series, the first race with the same exact settings on the AI without tuning the car at all other than reducing the fuel load, I qualified first by 2 seconds, then won the 1st race on the first try with ease by about 10 seconds. So to me that tells me it is the car, league, ai, tuning of the car and not my driving.

It is just not going fast enough for whatever reason and it spins out too easily if I push it to its limits trying to get the times closer to the AI.
    Well I'm racing them at 90% now so it is possible.. it wasn't always so- it took time.

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    are you using wet tires everywhere? you should be.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

I don't rely on other peoples tunes too much, because there are a lot of variables such as controller type, and settings, and even just their driving style. So yeah some could prove helpful, and some are just even fun to try, but I always try to come up with my own set-ups.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Wait till you get to Formula Renault 3.5 , highly doubtful you'll be able to compete without learning to tune the suspension.
    The following user likes this Post:

Keena
    Quote Originally Posted by iggy View Post
    Wait till you get to Formula Renault 3.5 , highly doubtful you'll be able to compete without learning to tune the suspension.
    With such a diligent and receptive mindset he's going to love the Clio cup...

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    lol Clio cup is kicking my butt right now.

I loved Formula Rookie, by the way. My favorite so far.
    PC: i5 6600k / 16GB RAM / GTX 1070 / 512GB SSD / 3 x Asus VP278QG 27" @ 75hz
    Wheel / Pedals: Fanatec CSL Elite Base + P1 Elite Wheel / CSL Elite Pedals with LC
    Cockpit: GT Omega PRO / Buttkicker Gamer2
    The following user likes this Post: