Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some practice laps with my new T150 wheel

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Some practice laps with my new T150 wheel

I'm still learning so don't be too critical.
    Playing with the wheel feels a lot better than the controller. However... I think that the game is trying to be realistic a bit too hard and it comes out completely oposite at the times.
    I still love it

Car on default setup as I'm not good at tweaking at all

Any advices how I could improve will be appreciated.

Platform
    PS4
    Adjust the brake sensitivity and/or reduce the brake pressure. GT3 cars lock the brakes really easily and you're doing it a lot.

Also it's good to try sit close to the screen but I feel your legs are cramped. If you sit away from the pedals a little, it might give you better control of the throttle and brake.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Get off that hud cam and get in the cockpit. I used to always use hud but after being inside for a few months I can't see me going back.
    XBOX One X - Thrustmaster TX - Evo 599 Alcantara - T3PA Pedals - Wheel stand pro - Comfy beanbag
    SRL (Sim Racing League) - https://discord.gg/b4QSpaA

We're here for a good time not a long time
    The following user likes this Post: Martini Da Gasalini

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by odemode View Post
    Get off that hud cam and get in the cockpit. I used to always use hud but after being inside for a few months I can't see me going back.
    I think you mean 'Hood'

Anyway...pratice, practice, practice and then practice some more
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

Platform
    PS4
    I have a T150 myself. I really like the wheel. The pedals are another matter. I have the Break Deadzone set at 15 and Sensitivity at 25. It's okay but I'm still trying to find the right feel for it.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravager619 View Post
    I have a T150 myself. I really like the wheel. The pedals are another matter. I have the Break Deadzone set at 15 and Sensitivity at 25. It's okay but I'm still trying to find the right feel for it.
    Yeah, I love the wheel and the FFB. It makes this game a completely different experience. However the pedals, like you say, takes some time to get that right feel and I'm too still trying to find one

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by kierownik View Post
    Yeah, I love the wheel and the FFB. It makes this game a completely different experience. However the pedals, like you say, takes some time to get that right feel and I'm too still trying to find one
    The good news is the T3PA pedals and TH8A shifter are compatible withe the T150. I don't want a new wheel yet, but those might be great upgrade options at some point.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by kierownik View Post
    I'm still learning so don't be too critical.
    Playing with the wheel feels a lot better than the controller. However... I think that the game is trying to be realistic a bit too hard and it comes out completely oposite at the times.
    I still love it

Car on default setup as I'm not good at tweaking at all

Any advices how I could improve will be appreciated.

I assure you we're trying just hard enough to be realistic.

At 2.31 you cut the inner grass too much, pushing you wide on exit to the less grippy stuff and the response is exactly as I'd expect as you kept the throttle in...

At 4.21 you floored it with two wheels on the grass. The response is as expected.

At 5.23 you went in way too hot the the corner and ran wide, again, as expected.

At 5.52 you gave no respect to the inner kerbs with steering lock on and overcorrected when the car responded as would be expected.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: biggbaddwolf, chieflongshin, Mad LL

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    At 2.31 you cut the inner grass too much, pushing you wide on exit to the less grippy stuff and the response is exactly as I'd expect as you kept the throttle in...

At 4.21 you floored it with two wheels on the grass. The response is as expected.

At 5.23 you went in way too hot the the corner and ran wide, again, as expected.

At 5.52 you gave no respect to the inner kerbs with steering lock on and overcorrected when the car responded as would be expected.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	05055d0e9442e952c6e8fe5ae24b48baf7f4b983dc7ceac53b6d0f5c4579c45a.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	244027

Sorry, couldn't resist! Just kidding

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    I assure you we're trying just hard enough to be realistic.

Thanks for some constructive avdvices. Like I said, I'm still learning and getting used to the wheel and this will definitely help a lot.