Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Does SMS plan to add playmates to some of old cars?

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    4
    Platform
    PC

    Does SMS plan to add playmates to some of old cars?

    While racers who enjoy driving GT3 cars and Prototype cars have lots of choice, what about people like me who love driving the old classic race cars and in particular the Lotus 49, the Lotus 72 and the Lotus 98T.

    It would be wonderful to have cars of the same era you could race against

    But I guess it's not going to happen since servers running those old cars are few and far between.

    Is it a chicken and egg situation? People dont drive those cars because there isnt a choice which means they are not used on servers so there is no demand for alternate cars to race against.

    Come on, the Ferrari 312 for the Lotus 49, the McLauren M23 or the Ferrari 312B for the Lotus 72D and the Ferrari F1/86 or the McLaren MP 4/2 against the Lotus 98T.

    With the mod world of Assetto Corsa there are historic cars to race against but the physics can be questionalble. If SMS could add some variety to the classic car rosta it would really just put the icing on the cake.

    Oh and I do wish somebody would implement a 6 wheel Tryell that would really make me a happy, happy man.

    But I guess it's just a pipe dream.

    Andy
    The following 7 users likes this Post: Deathbox_2112, Eric Rowland, haydnbuzz, Ixoye56, nepal roade, pippinfort, Trooper117


  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,118
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Booth View Post
    While racers who enjoy driving GT3 cars and Prototype cars have lots of choice, what about people like me who love driving the old classic race cars and in particular the Lotus 49, the Lotus 72 and the Lotus 98T.

    It would be wonderful to have cars of the same era you could race against

    But I guess it's not going to happen since servers running those old cars are few and far between.

    Is it a chicken and egg situation? People dont drive those cars because there isnt a choice which means they are not used on servers so there is no demand for alternate cars to race against.

    Come on, the Ferrari 312 for the Lotus 49, the McLauren M23 or the Ferrari 312B for the Lotus 72D and the Ferrari F1/86 or the McLaren MP 4/2 against the Lotus 98T.

    With the mod world of Assetto Corsa there are historic cars to race against but the physics can be questionalble. If SMS could add some variety to the classic car rosta it would really just put the icing on the cake.

    Oh and I do wish somebody would implement a 6 wheel Tryell that would really make me a happy, happy man.

    But I guess it's just a pipe dream.

    Andy
    I think Pcars2 desperately needs Ferrari single seaters. Especially 90s and 2000s v12s and v10s, peak-era F 1.

  3. #3
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    123
    Platform
    PC
    I think SMS really messed up going from PCARS1 to PCARS2 in terms of vehicle/class selection. Any class was just removed entirely for no apparent reason.

    What they should have done and still should do, is implement the ability for vehicle whitelists. Let us specify allowed classes and/or specific vehicles. There is no harm in opening up PCARS2 to allow a bit more freedom, it allows for more variety which means better replayability.

    PCARS really does take itself a bit too seriously at times. While sometimes a good thing, it also harms the game tremendously.
    OS: Windows 10 64-Bit
    CPU: Intel Core i7 7700k
    RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200MHz
    GPU: KFA2/Galaxy GeForce GTX 1070 Ti EX
    Wheel: Xbox One Controller

  4. #4
    Moderator+WMD 1/2 Member Siberian Tiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Rafz, Switzerland
    Posts
    2,028
    Platform
    PC
    No one messed up, you Guys knowing how licensing works? It's mostly the Manufacturer which decides which Car the Like to have Ingame.
    SMS is only able to tell them a Whishlist...

    Further, yes there are more Vintage Cars planned....

    And last, the Picking of specific Vehicles was a big wish, but unfortunaly it's not possible due Memory Constraints... (Perhaps due Console i don't know)
    Member Status: WMD 1 Senior x3 / WMD2 Gold
    Portable System: Dell XPS 17 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM @2.2 GHZ , RAM: 8GB, GPU: NVIDIA GForce GT555M, HDD: WD 2.5" Notebook 500GB, OS: Windows 7 64-bit,Wheel: Logitech G25, Sound: NVidia Onboard Soundcard
    Gaming System AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 / i7 7700K with Antec H2o 920 Liquid Cooling System / PSU: Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 680W / GPU: MSI Gaming GTX1070 (OC) / RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance / SSD: 250GB Samsung Basic 840 / HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Black / OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Wheel: Thrustmaster T500RS - Standart GT Rim / Monitor: Epson EH-TW3200 Homecinema 16:9 Full HD Beamer / RacingSeat: Playseat with some Modifications...
    The following 2 users likes this Post: amazed, RomKnight


  5. #5
    GT3 Pilot Tank621's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Essex/Manchester UK
    Posts
    3,194
    Platform
    PC
    A list of cars we have evidence for being possible DLC additions
    Sources available here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1354515
    [Spoiler]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank621 View Post

    Cars

    Audi
    Audi S1 Eks (Rallycross) (Fun)
    Audi Sport Quattro S1(Group B Rallycross) (Fun)
    Audi R18 e-tron quattro (2016) (LMP1) (Le Mans icons)

    Citroen
    Citroen DS3 (Rallycross) (Fun)

    Ferrari
    Ferrari FXX K (Track Day A)
    Ferrari F12tdf (Road)
    Ferrari 488 Challenge (Ferrari Challenge)
    Ferrari 250 Testarossa (Vintage GT Touring B) (Le Mans)
    Ferrari 458 Speciale Aperta (Road)
    Ferrari 512 BB LM (Group 5) (Le Mans)
    Ferrari F355 Challenge (Classic Ferrari Challenge)
    Ferrari F40 (Road)

    Ford
    Ford Bronco RTR (Off Road Trucks) (Fun)
    Ford Bronco Brocky (Off Road Trucks) (Fun)
    (Presumably the same)
    Ford RS200 (Group B)

    Porsche
    Porsche 961(GTO or Group 5) (Le Mans)
    Porsche 991 RSR (GTE) (Le Mans)
    Porsche Carrera GT (Road)
    Porsche 917 Langheck (Vintage Prototype A) (Le Mans)
    Porsche 908/03 (Vintage Prototype A) (Le Mans)
    Porsche 917/10 (Vintage Prototype A)
    Porsche 917K (Vintage Prototype A) (Le Mans)
    Porsche 935/78 (Group 5) (Le Mans)
    Porsche 959 S (Road)
    Porsche 919 Hybrid (LMP1) (Le Mans)

    Renault
    Renault 5 (Group B)

    Toyota
    Toyota TS050 Hybrid (LMP1) (Le Mans)

    SMS
    SMS RWD Dunester (Presumably Off Road) (Fun)
    [/Spoiler]

    Thanks for the edit Tiger, that's a good idea
    Last edited by Tank621; 01-11-2017 at 07:42.
    Project Cars 3 Content List: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...and-Discussion
    Xbox: tankbuster621 Steam: Tank621 Playstation: Tankbuster621

  6. #6
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    123
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Siberian Tiger View Post
    And last, the Picking of specific Vehicles was a big wish, but unfortunaly it's not possible due Memory Constraints... (Perhaps due Console i don't know)
    That's a bummer, though, I am genuinely curious as to how this comes down to memory constraints? I'm not claiming it's false as I've no idea how the engine works under the hood. Just that it seems rather peculiar.

    Realistically one would expect it to be an array of what cars are allowed, if the car is not in that list - prevent it from being picked. Surely some of this logic is already in place since you can set the filter to specific classes? Or even multi-classes.

    Again I want to emphasize that I'm not saying it's wrong or bullocks, I'm actually genuinely curious.
    OS: Windows 10 64-Bit
    CPU: Intel Core i7 7700k
    RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200MHz
    GPU: KFA2/Galaxy GeForce GTX 1070 Ti EX
    Wheel: Xbox One Controller

  7. #7
    Superkart Pilot Marlborofranz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    274
    Platform
    PC
    This threat title, though. Imagine playboy playmates and pin up girls next to the vintage cars on the grid.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: amazed, Brado23


  8. #8
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    398
    Platform
    PC
    Memory constraints sounds odd.
    I would have thought it was more about the work needed to study the car, have test drivers test them etc etc.

    it's not just a matter of stuffing a car into an industrial sized laser scanner and taking some pictures.
    Main rig: Asus ROG - strix z370, i7 8700k, MSI 1080ti gaming x, 16GB 3200mhz DDR4
    Logitech g533 headset. 32" ultrawide - Oculus Rift CV1.
    Wheel: G29
    Flight controls: Virpil t50 mongoose - TH Warthog throttle - CH pro throttle - MFG Crosswind.

  9. #9
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    123
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by TorTorden View Post
    Memory constraints sounds odd.
    I would have thought it was more about the work needed to study the car, have test drivers test them etc etc.

    it's not just a matter of stuffing a car into an industrial sized laser scanner and taking some pictures.
    We were talking about setting up lobbies, though. What cars people can pick to drive. For example a server with only karts and the raptor.
    OS: Windows 10 64-Bit
    CPU: Intel Core i7 7700k
    RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200MHz
    GPU: KFA2/Galaxy GeForce GTX 1070 Ti EX
    Wheel: Xbox One Controller

Similar Threads

  1. Help me plan a proper solo/offline race (settings)
    By DeBH in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 13-03-2017, 18:59
  2. What's the Plan?
    By R74NN in forum Third-Party Apps & API Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 15-11-2015, 11:00
  3. Leap Second Tonight - How do you plan to spend it?
    By MuddyPaws73 in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 30-06-2015, 11:22
  4. sms do you plan to do any monthly blogs?
    By tyl3r99 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14-06-2015, 13:17
  5. whats the plan for leaderboards?
    By freakinout in forum Project CARS on Xbox One
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 18-05-2015, 19:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •