Thread: Online racing with horrible lag. PS4.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Angry Online racing with horrible lag. PS4.

Every server I join all players are in the red when it comes to connection according to the player list. I am the only green. I presume this is why I have stuttering lag in every race which causes me to spin out etc. Of course happens on bends.

Any idea how to fix this? Im on PS4 in South America. My broadband is 10MB download 2MB upload. Not the best I know but the only game I play online that's giving me this issue.

And nobody is on Netflix, downloading, nothing. Just me.

Platform
    PS4
    You’re racing with people far away. For example if I race against American/Europe they’re all red, but I’m not getting the lag/stuttering. That only happens when players join/leave.*

When I race with local people they are green/yellow.

If it is constant, maybe you have interference from neighbours wifi or other appliances. For example: my microwave oven kills my wifi. The best solution to these problems is lan cable connection.

Also, over the weekend I had many disconnects from bad psn servers.

*fix has been announced for a future patch.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by bontemps View Post
    Every server I join all players are in the red when it comes to connection according to the player list. I am the only green. I presume this is why I have stuttering lag in every race which causes me to spin out etc. Of course happens on bends.

Any idea how to fix this? Im on PS4 in South America. My broadband is 10MB download 2MB upload. Not the best I know but the only game I play online that's giving me this issue.

And nobody is on Netflix, downloading, nothing. Just me.
    Everybody experiences this issue, its a known fault and has been promised to be improved (not fixed) next patch.
    The stuttering is caused when racers enter and leave the race lobby, its to do with their liveries being loaded.
    Its a nightmare, when its fixed this game will be perfect for me.
    I wonder if GT sport/Forza have similar problems? And if not then why has PC2 got the problem, which is incredible considering this was an issue on PC1.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I played GT Sport demo and zero stuttering. Actually PC1 was ok, was never enough for me to put a post about it. Its just so bad now to the point you cant play almost. Hope they sort it out asap.
    The following user likes this Post: CodeCmdr

Platform
    PS4
    GTS is perfectly smooth online, supports up to 24 players on PS4 (PCars2 only supports 16 I think), and has fully customizable liveries. PCars2's resource loading performance issues are a result of really bad software engineering. For me, PCars2 is unplayable in multiplayer with this massive stuttering whenever people join the race. I haven't touched PCars2 since GTS came out. Hopefully SMS will do something about this in the future.

Note to OP: you've got to differentiate between network latency and the client-side stuttering when people join the race; the latter happens even if you're on a super high-end Internet connection, playing against other people in your area with super high-end connections.
    Last edited by CodeCmdr; 10-11-2017 at 17:12.

Platform
    PC
    I'm getting the exact same issue, evnen with ppl around my area...