Thread: HUD scale on VR mirrored screen is wrong

HUD scale on VR mirrored screen is wrong

Somehow during some tweaking of my in-game HUD the 2d VR mirrored HUD has suddenly become larger than the rendered screen, cropping the right and bottom HUD elements:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171109215709_1.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	164.5 KB 
ID:	244819

I can't figure out what I did to cause this to happen, or what I can do to get the HUD to scale properly in the mirrored game window - resetting the HUD layout makes no difference, changing the game resolution doesn't change the scale of the HUD to match.
    Intel i7-4790k; NVidia 980TI; Asus Z97-PRO; Corsair 8GB; Fanatec CSL Elite Wheel + F1 Black Rim + CSL Elite LC Pedals; Oculus Rift

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    It happened to me when I made the mirrored window smaller than what the monitor's default is. Did you change that by any chance?

Yes, I think I dropped it down to 1280x720 at one point (futile attempt at some extra performance) - so that's probably what caused it - but how to reset it?
    Intel i7-4790k; NVidia 980TI; Asus Z97-PRO; Corsair 8GB; Fanatec CSL Elite Wheel + F1 Black Rim + CSL Elite LC Pedals; Oculus Rift

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfMaw View Post
    Yes, I think I dropped it down to 1280x720 at one point (futile attempt at some extra performance) - so that's probably what caused it - but how to reset it?
    I can't remember the menu option exactly. But I'm pretty sure that it is under Performance. It is the first option of whichever menu it is.

Now that I have a Windows Mixed Reality headset I went back to have the mirrored set to the monitor default (HD). The performance is significantly better than the Vive I had. But like I said in another post, I didn't try the beta SteamVR with the Vive. It is possible that there are improvements there for Vive too. Since Windows Mixed Reality, for now, must have the beta, that's what I'm using. If you're using a Vive it might be worth giving SteamVR beta a try and see if it makes a difference. Of course, it might not work at all

As I mentioned, changing the resolution (the first option in Performance) makes no difference - the HUD is the wrong scale which ever resolution I choose. I've tried deleting all the configuration xml files in my documents/Project Cars 2 folder with no effect.

I'm not the only one with this problem

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...red-resolution
    Last edited by SonOfMaw; 09-11-2017 at 23:35.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfMaw View Post
    As I mentioned, changing the resolution (the first option in Performance) makes no difference - the HUD is the wrong scale which ever resolution I choose. I've tried deleting all the configuration xml files in my documents/Project Cars 2 folder with no effect.

I'm not the only one with this problem

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...red-resolution
    Oh sorry. I miss-understood. Yeah, I don't know how to fix it if just bringing the resolution back to normal didn't fix it.

Ended up editing the HUD layout to bring the cropped elements back into view on the mirrored window and shifting the VR HUD across to recenter. Obviously not ideal, but it's a work-around.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Wait, how do you edit the HUD layout? Is there a file? What you mean mirrored window

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Pause in a race and there is a HUD edit function, each element can be moved and different levels of info selected.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 75, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec DD2, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com

Platform
    PC
    When in the HUD edit section, just mess around with the keys on the number block, with that you can change the size, zoom in and out and incline the HUD. I can´t remember which key will do what, just give it a try.
    CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K | Mainboard: MSI Z590 Pro WiFi | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3200 | GPU: Palit RTX 3090 Gaming Pro | HP Reverb G2 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec DD1 Wheelbase / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case you´re looking for some clean and relaxed online racing with 1+ hrs of racing time, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de