Thread: Sound issue.

WMD Member
    Platform
    XBOX1

Sound issue.

Got my Xbox hooked up to my surround sound and buttkicker.
    It all works fine on other games including pcars 1, but on pcars 2 the sound is 90% centre speaker. I have to turn up all other speakers and centre one down to get any sort of surround sound. Also the base is very weak, no rumble strip vibrations at all.
    Is their any hope of it improving?
    Samsung 65" 4k TV, XB1X, Fanatec CSW V2, CSP V3, Xbox universal hub, Fanatec shifter, Fanatec handbrake, Vesaro gamer rig, Elite controller, Buttkicker gamer extreme, BBJ button box. Turtle beach XO4, Onkyo Dolby Atmos receiver, Onkyo Dolby Atmos 5.1.2 speakers,
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Niall14, Roushman624

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Unlikely. Nobody at SMS wants to admit how poor the sound and rumble is on Xbox.

The game is built for PC and the profit is made by PS4. Xbox sits in the shadow of gaming history. Plain and simple.
    Last edited by Dresden; 15-11-2017 at 10:17.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I agree with the fact that on PCars 2, we got a downgrade in sound comparing with PCars1...

Maybe during the next patches we get an improvement.... I hope so...
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Dresden, Roushman624

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Exup View Post
    I agree with the fact that on PCars 2, we got a downgrade in sound comparing with PCars1...

Maybe during the next patches we get an improvement.... I hope so...
    I disagree!! I think the sound is better is PCars2. I race with the cockpit cam, its great to hear the brakes whistling, tyres scrubbing, ABS braking, transmission whining. There was this generic interior rumble, like a knocking noise, in PCars1 when driving out the pits, was pretty much in all of the cars that was awfull, thankfully its been removed in PCars 2.

I would like improvements though in PCars2, the engine noise gets drowned out when its raining heavlily, all i can hear is the rain battering the car. I would also like more "road" noise if possible. When the cars travells over humps or different road surfaces, just as you would in a real life car.

All in all, I like what I'm hearing so far. Keep up the good work.
    The following user likes this Post: HockeyNick30

Platform
    XBOX1
    I have no issue with sound either but I think the OP is saying the issue is with the balance in how the sound is mixed in surround. I haven't noticed this but I think most sound comes out of the center speaker anyway for most content. So might just not have noticed??? Or perhaps im using a different surround mode?? You can probably change your surround mode on your receiver to something that will spread the sound out to the side and rear speakers more I suppose. See if that helps.

WMD Member
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Yeah I can faff about with the speakers but, then the audio is out for all the other games. I get good sound from all other games. Pcars 1 the buttkicker rumble is spot on. 2 however it's just dead.
    Samsung 65" 4k TV, XB1X, Fanatec CSW V2, CSP V3, Xbox universal hub, Fanatec shifter, Fanatec handbrake, Vesaro gamer rig, Elite controller, Buttkicker gamer extreme, BBJ button box. Turtle beach XO4, Onkyo Dolby Atmos receiver, Onkyo Dolby Atmos 5.1.2 speakers,

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I use Xbox pad on a PC and the rumble is very poor compared to PCars1.
    i7-4790K @ 4.7 GHz | GTX1080Ti Waterforce Extreme | 16GB RAM | Win10 64-bit | G-Sync Predator @2560x1440 143Hz | Logitech MOMO | Xbox One Gamepad | Xbox 360 Gamepad