Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I pair a Logitech TH8A shifter with my Logitech G920 steering wheel?

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Exclamation Can I pair a Logitech TH8A shifter with my Logitech G920 steering wheel?

Hello people,
    I have been looking for a shifter gor my G920 steering wheel. Obviously the first thing I figured buying was the Logitech shifter, but many reviews said it would be “toy like”. It looks like it too so, I looked for more shifters to pair my wheel with. Unfortunately I couldn’t find any answers. I would really love to know wether it is possible to use any other shifter for my Logitech wheel. I am aware that this is possible on the PC but is it possible to pair it on the XBOX ONE? Thank you for answering!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    No, as far as I know you can't connect the TH8A with ant Logitech wheel on console. On PC it can be configured as a separate USB peripheral but I've seen nothing to suggest Xbox can do that, USB keyboard yes, but not general accessories.

http://www.bsimracing.com/drivehub-c...ox-one-or-ps4/ this device might help you do what you want, I haven't tried one but there was some positive press about it enabling all sorts of wheel, pedal, shifter combinations across all formats.

This is just my opinion of course, the logitech shifter works well with G920 but yes it feels quite light to touch, in operation though it is fine and takes plenty of abuse from the kids the quality matches the Logi wheel, for the price I'd atleast give it a go and see if it will do.

The TH8A is a lovelypiece of kit, it has the click clack gate of a 90's supercar and you can add any real world gear knob as a bonus. On price I'd say it matches the quality of the Thrustmaster FFB wheels. With Thrustmaster you are moving up from the Logi geared wheels, that always have that bit of play around the centre of the wheel, to the belt driven TX458/TS-XW that are belt driven and much smoother imo. If you like the TH8A I'd say the move to the Thruistmaster system would be worthwhile, the metal pedals are also an improvement over the Logi set imo.
    PC, Oculus Rift VR & Xbox One X
    The following user likes this Post: Outlaw Peet

Platform
    XBOX1
    I just checked basherboards.com, but they have nothing that can help you solve this.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Do you consider your wheel toy like. I assume the shifter is of the same quality. I use a g27 shifter. No complaints.

The Netherlands, close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Youngbumpy View Post
    Do you consider your wheel toy like. I assume the shifter is of the same quality. I use a g27 shifter. No complaints.
    If the G27 shifter is anything like the g25 which I still own, the Thrustmaster shifters are really from a different world IMHO. But that's to be expected seeing the price difference(but I still think the TH8 is worth double every penny).
    "What we tweeted was a factual description of events. No need to speculate on this"
    DD1, Fanatec Universal Hub, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, 3090 iChill x4, 3900X, Samsung 49" G9/Vive, Denon AVC-X3700H

/// MaximusDoriftus(Steam)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    The few time I have used the Logitech shifter with the G920 I have struggled with it. It just doesn't want to go into the gear you want and I constantly mis-shift. I just prefer not to use it at all. I almost thought I must being doing something wrong. It shouldn't be that hard. I wouldn't buy it if I had a choice (it was included when I bought the wheel)

So yes, it would be good if you could use a better shifter.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by pd555 View Post
    The few time I have used the Logitech shifter with the G920 I have struggled with it. It just doesn't want to go into the gear you want and I constantly mis-shift. I just prefer not to use it at all. I almost thought I must being doing something wrong. It shouldn't be that hard. I wouldn't buy it if I had a choice (it was included when I bought the wheel)

So yes, it would be good if you could use a better shifter.
    Can you ajusts the gates on the computer? maybe shorter throw would heip
    PS4 / T300 RS / T3PA PRO's / TH8A / DX RACER WHEELSTAND

EXCUSE MY BAD ENGLISH , I'M AMERICAN

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel97 View Post
    Can you ajusts the gates on the computer? maybe shorter throw would heip
    I never actually thought of trying that. I will check that out

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    it works? im having the same issue

Platform
    XBOX1
    I've got the G920 and the shifter, and I say it's worth it. It works, hassle-free. Yes, it may not be as good as others (I only have experience with the old microsoft wheel, no other shifters), but it works well. It's drastically improved the feel of driving older cars for me. Get the shifter and take out the Mercedes 190E. It's a blast! Having to row your own and make use of that clutch pedal is great! It can make things more difficult (realistic), but hey this is PC2, not Forza, right? ;-) If you wanted it easy you'd be using your xbox controller. I say go for it!
    xbox one • G920+shifter • Buttkicker Gamer 2 • RS Dash • Ikea Poäng chair