Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When will PCars2 support Fanatec H-shfter?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

When will PCars2 support Fanatec H-shfter?

Hi,
    This is an unfortunate regression from PCars1 and I haven't been able to play the game since launch.

Is there any planned fixes for this obvious problem? Or a workaround?

thanks.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Someone i know is using the Fanatec H-Shifter in pcars 2 with no issues. The person even streams using it and has not had one issue.

Platform
    PC
    This may help you, it appears to be a matter of assigning the actions to the lever for some people.
    It does not appear to be a problem with Pcars.

Are you certain your shifter is ok?

https://www.reddit.com/r/simracing/c..._shifter_help/

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I’m using a CSS SQ through a CSW V1 with no problems.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomurai View Post
    Hi,
    This is an unfortunate regression from PCars1 and I haven't been able to play the game since launch.

Is there any planned fixes for this obvious problem? Or a workaround?

thanks.
    You haven't been able to play the game at all, or are you just not able to use the H-shifter? Obvious question: have you assigned the shifter to all the gears?
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1 for games - RME ADI-2 DAC FS + Hifiman Ananda for music | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen Iiyama ProLite E2607WS 1920 x 1200 |

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hi guys. Thanks for the tips.

Of course, I can not use the h-shifter, but for my purposes I need it. Assigning the gears does not work because PCars complains that there are "multiple inputs" whenever I put the shifter into a gear. Which probably is true as it goes into neutral before into a new gear.

The shifter is fine. This worked in PCars1. I am using CSW v2 and shifter is not plugged into wheel. In the fanatec property window, it shifts and reports gears just fine.

Platform
    PS5
    A couple of ideas here - https://www.reddit.com/r/simracing/c..._shifter_help/

Good luck, hope you find a fix.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec DD Pro/ClubSport F1 2018 LE Rim + Podium APM/ClubSport V3 Pedals + Brake Performance Kit - PS5 Digital - Saor Alba

WMD Member
    I've been using the Fanatec SSQ 1.5 in both SQ / H-pattern modes without issue since day one. The only time I had a problem assigning any controls in PCars was when some other controller had a button depressed / engaged unintentionally during setup or loading the title.
    MSi Z270 Pro Mobo . CPU Intel i7 7700k . RAM 32GB . OS Windows 10 . GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti SC . Audio Creative ZX . Klipsch 4.1 Speakers / Sennheiser Headphones . Controller SimX AccuForce Pro / OSW Small Mige (SimuCube 10k) / HE-Pro Pedals / Fanatec CSS-SQ Shifter / Fanatec Hand-brake . Displays BenQ GW2760s (triples) / Oculus Rift Cv1 . Chassis Custom 80/20 frame . SimVibe / iNuke NU3000DSP amp / BK-LFE (Extensions Mode) / iNuke NU1000 / ADX Bass-Shakers X2 (Chassis Mode)

Platform
    PC
    A few things to check:

• When assigning the gear, make sure your steering wheel is straight and you are not resting your foot on any of your pedals.
    • When assigning the gears, go into the gear and then back to neutral. It won't assign the gear until you go back to neutral.
    • If you are still getting "multiple inputs detected", use DIView and check to see if any controller is sending inputs while it's in a neutral position.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 4 users likes this Post: cluck, RaceNut, Roger Prynne, Sankyo

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I will try these suggestions! Much appreciated folks. Good community here.