Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lotus Vintage Trophy Invitational event

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Lotus Vintage Trophy Invitational event

Hi all.

I bought PCars2 off Fanatical for Black Friday (their discount and the black friday discount code dropped the 60 dollar price into the realm of affordability for me )

I just got my first Invitational event, the Lotus Vintage Trophy. I've been trying this event over and over without success - the Cogworth is virtually impossible to drive in the rain and the AI seems to have zero problems driving in rainy conditions. I've tried a variety of controller setups, but the car is twitchy as hell and I lose grip all the time. I was wondering if anyone had a good car setup for the Cogsworth for this event so I can finish it without too much trouble. Browsing around the forums here I've seen people complaining about lots of cars being undrivable in rainy conditions no matter how much tweaking to the car setup you do. I am hoping the driving in rain problems can be fixed with a new patch at some point. Until then I need some serious assistance with this event.

Jared

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Which track is it at? I'll have a go in the wet as I love this car. (u mean the type49 right?)
    ASRock Z97 Pro4, i5 4690, 16Gb DDR3, GTX 1070
    Thrustmaster T500/Stock pedals/Paddles

Platform
    PC
    Is that the one at Historic Monza? The problem with these events is that there's no practice before the race...
    That Lotus in the wet needs to be driven very smoothly and carefully, but once you get the hang of it it's actually much fun! It's a typical old racecar handling. Try turning it in gently with a bit of brakes still on to reduce understeer, then gently balance the oversteer on the throttle on the way out. That's how I did it at least, but I needed many tries too!
    Might as well be a bug or something for you though, who knows...
    Beware: Non-native English speaker. Steam: 'FotoLocke' Flash your lights when you see me on track!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Just took these for a run around Monza Classic in the rain and it's awesome! Still a couple of seconds off the AI @ 100% but used my dry set with no tweaks and took it pretty easy. I think I can catch them.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I guess i should set up a custom practice session with the car and the same rainy conditions at the same historic monza track and practice beforehand until i have the hang of it. But again, rain events seem to be bugged and I read a post saying this is looking into being fixed in the next major patch.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I'm not having issues with them in the rain. Setup isn't a big thing, I was actually quicker with the default loose. Tweak the gears and I could get a bit more. It's all about control in these conditions.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I'm also using a gamepad controller though. I don't know if breaking out my Logitech wheel and pedals would help...

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Which wheel? 900deg wheel would be good.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I have logitech's g27 wheel. I'm missing the knob cushion on the shifter but otherwise it works okay.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I'd be using that then mate.