Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Real weather

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    License could be the issue. This would explain, that I receive correct response with my private license.
    i7 3770K@4.1GHz, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti Gaming OC, 3x1920x1200 triple screen, TM TS-PC Racer wheel, T3PA-PRO pedals, Fanatec Clubsport Shifter SQ v1.5, Windows 10 64Bit, 24GB RAM
    The following user likes this Post: Asturbo

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Juhu_0815 View Post
    License could be the issue. This would explain, that I receive correct response with my private license.
    Very interesting. That could confirm my theory. Hope someone in SMS could check the API's account status.

BTW, I would settle with another "logical-random" weather with 40% clear, 40% cloud, 10% light rain, 9% rain and 1% extreme. I would not need RW then.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 05-10-2018 at 18:06.
    CPU: Intel i9-9900KF | GPU: nVidia RTX2080Ti | RAM: Gskill 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec DD1 + Porsche Endurance + Formula 1 V2 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PCARS4 wish list
    The following 2 users likes this Post: ProDriver, Stewy32

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juhu_0815 View Post
    I race offline and real weather has worked well for me until the last update. With patch 7 I have now clear weather all the time. It has nothing to do with the openweather.org site. I do a parallel check before starting a race exactly with the same API request as PCars and get real weather i.e. rain, fog,.. Hope this gets fixed soon.
    Same here, I just been watching the 4 hrs of spa live and jumped into pcars 2 setup real weather with correct times and dates (current) and althought its raining at spa belgium weather in game is a sunny 32 %C WTF

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I'd appreciate if the devs could have a look into this. I like real weather a lot and it would be sad if we lose this feature. Maybe it is indeed a license issue.
    i7 3770K@4.1GHz, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti Gaming OC, 3x1920x1200 triple screen, TM TS-PC Racer wheel, T3PA-PRO pedals, Fanatec Clubsport Shifter SQ v1.5, Windows 10 64Bit, 24GB RAM
    The following 2 users likes this Post: PostBox981

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Asturbo View Post
    Very interesting. That could confirm my theory. Hope someone in SMS could check the API's account status.

BTW, I would settle with another "logical-random" weather with 40% clear, 40% cloud, 10% light rain, 9% rain and 1% extreme. I would not need RW then.
    Yeah, honestly I don't bother with Real Weather anymore. I love the feature, and especially in the beginning it works great. But all the talk about it not working, plus the fact that the weather slots it creates last an hour and can't be changed (unless it's multiplayer - after the slots are created, you multiply the weather acceleration) - I just don't have confidence in it....

Luckily, we have the Custom Random Weather tool http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...Automator-quot

This honestly needs to be built into the game. Works flawlessly. Decide the chance of rain you want, and presto. If it was implemented into the game, you would just choose, say, "Dynamic Weather", and the game chooses the number of slots, and % chance of rain, and the weather acceleration. Or have the player choose the chance % of rain. So many ways to do this.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Interesting tool. Will give it a try.

Platform
    PC
    It's a very good tool, very well thought and just we need. For Offline is perfect, but the problem is that in online, the host player knows the weather slots and other players don't and that's unfair.

I've been thinking last days in another possible solution for online, and I'll post SMSoon.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 05-10-2018 at 20:47.
    CPU: Intel i9-9900KF | GPU: nVidia RTX2080Ti | RAM: Gskill 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec DD1 + Porsche Endurance + Formula 1 V2 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PCARS4 wish list
    The following user likes this Post: F1_Racer68

Platform
    PC
    I've been investigating the real weather and I've found some interesting things that could help devs to fix the problem.

I found in the EXE file of PC2 the connection string to the real weather API:

http://api.openweathermap.org/data/2.5/forecast?lat=%3.2f&lon=%3.2f&mode=xml&c

Values in bold are variables and they are the latitude and longitude of the locatiion of the circuit where we want to get the weather.

So we, can change it to any value (if we know real values). For example changing the variables to 10 we could query the weather of a ramdom location (10N 10W, I suppose)

In example that is the format of the query from PC2:

http://api.openweathermap.org/data/2.5/forecast?lat=10f&lon=10f&mode=xml&c

If you copy this URL to you browser, you will get this answer of the weather server:

{"cod":401, "message": "Invalid API key. Please see http://openweathermap.org/faq#error401 for more info."}

It's responding that you need to pass the API key of the registered user to get the weather data. I've been searching in the EXE, but didn't found it. So probably the API key is not sent in the query and the server don't responds with any valid data. In this situation, we always get clear weather.

In the web API, the provider says that since an specific date, they don't accept querys without a valid key:

https://openweathermap.org/faq#error401 (read second "Q")

I've created a free account for myself that gives me a personal key and added it to the previous query: &appid=aac05e0ee50fad048ec4c417ab3b9920

http://api.openweathermap.org/data/2...c4c417ab3b9920

As you see, with last link with my own key, the weather server responds with valid weather data.

So, probably the query needs to be updated, adding the SMS account key to make the RW work again.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 06-10-2018 at 17:12.
    The following 6 users likes this Post: cluck, cpcdem, ermo, MrTulip, PostBox981

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Ok, new project.I'm going to go through real life events and find some weather stats for you all.
    The following user likes this Post:

Platform
    PC
    As I said in some previous post, I've been thinking last days in other alternative that could help with the Real Weather and Random Weather issues.

It has been posted here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...weather-issues

In a sort way, it could be an app that generates random custom weather data and export it in the same format as openweather. We could redirect the query to the API hosted in your own computer (this is the easy part), and then the API should respond with the weather info randomly generated (but customized). It could be totaly autonomous and don't need touching any code of the game, because the redirection could be done with the operating system.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 06-10-2018 at 19:16.
    The following user likes this Post: ermo