Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cars veering to the left constantly.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Question Cars veering to the left constantly.

As the title says my car consistently veers to the left. The flatness of the terrain doesn't seem to affect this at all. I've tested this on multiple tracks and cars and they all do the same. It's not drastic but definitely noticeable particularly on straights.

So I thought maybe my controller was worn and that was the cause so I upped my deadzone to see if that'd help compensate. At one point I had it at 95 and the cars still veered off to the left. (Always left never right) So I used a different controller and still the same problem. Surely two controllers can't have the exact same problem. I tried playing other games where I'd notice left being an issue such as F1 2017 and Dirt Rally, no problem was there. Tried other games as well just to be thorough and also no problem. Something definitely with PC2.

It's not the most horrendous drift ever but on right handers along the left hand of the track it will take me into the grass making race lines next to impossible. It's kinda ruining my experience and since I cannot afford a wheel right now I'm not sure what else to do.

Maybe somebody has some ideas?

Platform
    PS4
    What car ?
    Cars for oval racing have the setup adjusted differently from one side to the other .
    PS4 clean racing community MRC http://marmiteracingcommunity.enjin....cing-community
    race clean , race fair and respect your opponents

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I have noticed this also with some of the cars. It is really bad down the backstretch at Daytona!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Maxx it's every car on any track.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyTurian View Post
    Maxx it's every car on any track.
    Sorry no idea then ..I'm on a wheel and have no experience racing with a controller.
    PS4 clean racing community MRC http://marmiteracingcommunity.enjin....cing-community
    race clean , race fair and respect your opponents

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Is your steering deadzone set to 0? It could be your controller is a bit worn so with the deadzone at 0 your car thinks it's going left so it may be you just need to increase it a little

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    It is because the "automatic by weather" selection of tires is bugged and gives you wrong/different tires. Go to setup and manually choose exactly the tire you want for every wheel.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Ended up buying a wheel. Some cheap thing to keep me going till I can afford a good one. I had that problem with multiple controllers and it was getting frustrating. The wheel makes the game playable at least.

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyTurian View Post
    Ended up buying a wheel. Some cheap thing to keep me going till I can afford a good one. I had that problem with multiple controllers and it was getting frustrating. The wheel makes the game playable at least.
    LadyTurian: What wheel do you have? I've been thinking of trying a wheel with my PS4...but not sure I have the space to store a wheel (plus whatever I have to attach it to, plus pedals)...

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Just some cheap T80 racing wheel I found on eBay. It's not very good but it definitely is a step above controller. It'll work till I can afford a good one