Thread: PC - Online Championship - Anyone Interested?

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

PC - Online Championship - Anyone Interested?

Mountain Top Championship

Hi All

I am looking to create an online championship on PC with like minded racers.

The first race is planned for the end of February with events through January to test the online championship setup. Anyone interested in joining this championship please reply to this thread with your preferred car choice and steam ID. Cars will be allocated on a first come first serve basis.
    If there are any of you more interested in being the Director/Broadcaster let me know also.

There will be 12 rounds with a 15 minute sprint race (points for top 5 places) on Friday setting the grid for the 1 hour 30 minute feature race (full points for top 10 places) on Sunday afternoons.

I’m planning for the races to be multi-class, with teams of 2 for the Radicals and GTE classes, the GT3 class will be singles, see below for details. The combination of cars and teams should provide a great mixture of strategy and competitive racing.

8 No. Radical SR8 RX (4 teams of 2)
    Average of 5 seconds quicker per lap than GTE and averages 13 Laps before fuel stop required.

8 No. GTE (2 of each car, cars will denote teams e.g. a Ford team, a Ferrari team etc.)
    Ford GTLM GTE
    Ferrari 488 GTE
    Aston Martin Vantage GTE
    Chevrolet Corvette C7.R
    Average 1 second quicker per lap than GT3 and averages 19 Laps before fuel stop required.

8 No. GT3 (1 of each car, singles competition)
    Audi R8 LMS
    Mercedes AMG GT3
    BMW M6 GT3
    Acura NSX GT3
    Porsche 911 GT3 R
    Bentley Continental GT3
    Lamborghini Huracan GT3
    McLaren 650S GT3
    The slowest car but can compete with cars in front and averages 22 Laps before fuel stop required.

I hope this is of interest to you and gives you a more structured and focussed way to enjoy online racing. I will be setting up a discord channel to support the championship, just sarch for Mountain Top Championship.

Platform
    PC
    Do you plan to host this on a listen server or a dedicated server? If on a dedicated server, where on earth will it be hosted?
    Game-Rig: Intel i7 4770S | eVGA GTX 1080 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix | Asus Z87-A | BenQ Zowie XL2730 | Microsoft Windows 10 | Logitech z5500 5.1 Digital | Thrustmaster TS-PC | Thrustmaster T3PA-Pro | Thrustmaster TH8A | Natural Point Track IR 4 | Playseats Evolution
    Server: Intel L5639 Xeon | Asus P6T | 12GB Corsair Vengeance | 128GB Crucial SSD | CentOS 7.4 | Linux Kernel 4.14 | pCars˛ Dedicated Server: Beale St. Blues | Steam: Visceral_Syn

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    What time Zone?

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    No dedicated server I'm afraid. Just trying to use the tools that SMS have given us to create a more meaningful online experience.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Time zone will be GMT