Thread: Formula A: Career vs Private Testing issue?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Formula A: Career vs Private Testing issue?

Has there been any documented issues with Formula A? I just started my 1st formula A career race at Red Bull Ring GP. I needed to be running at least a 1:18.261 for pole. In career qualification I can not qualify with anything better than a 1:20.xxx.

So I went in to private testing to tune the car and I ran a 1:18.152. I hop bacj over to career with the exact same settings and again cannot qualify over a 1:20.xxx something and somehow the car feels much looser in career mode. Anyone else noticed any discrepancies? Thanks.

Platform
    PC
    Track and air temperature differences?
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted SOLD / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    What he said... are you sure the track conditions are the same?
    Playstation 4 and PC , Playseat Challenge, Logitech G29 has been retired... now run Fanatec Elite + Playstation, v3 pedals, and McLaren GT3 wheel

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Possible, I thought they were the same but I'll double check. When I started the race, the car felt much tighter again and I do know the track conditions were the same then.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Times I've had different lap times and/or feel of the way a car drives at the same track, there's always been some explanation for it. Different race date/time and/or weather conditions which result in different track temperature... or different fuel loads...

Oh, and don't forget about tire temperatures themselves... at least when racing vs qualifying... Races you always get pre-heated tires.
    Playstation 4 and PC , Playseat Challenge, Logitech G29 has been retired... now run Fanatec Elite + Playstation, v3 pedals, and McLaren GT3 wheel

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Ok was able to at least qualify respectively and completed 8 great laps. The last two laps were wet laps and I dropped from P1 to P18. Zero traction in the rain. The car was on wet tires, I could not accelerate. The best I could get was half throttle and whenever I tried to get up to speed that rear would break loose and I'd have to let up. I've tried looking it up, but is there any issues with wet tracks and Formula A right now?
    In Formula Renault I was able to drive the car very well in the rain. Thanks again for all the help.