Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thrustmaster TS-XW Racer Sparco 310 on Xbox One

Platform
    PC
    I feel the return to centre is quite strong and would like to dial it down a bit. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
    Baz
    Thrustmaster TS XW.....T3pa pedals......TH8A shifter......A1 playseat

Windows 10 Home 64, i7 9700, 2TB HDD, 512 SSD, NVIDIA RTX 2070

Pc and Xbox one X

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ochilbaz View Post
    I feel the return to centre is quite strong and would like to dial it down a bit. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
    Baz
    Are you using it on PC or xb1x?

If you are on PC, check out this thread for custom ffb config files and setup guide for it. If you check towards the end, there is a v3.0 posted.

If you are using it on xb1x, what FFB settings are you using. I've had a few different preferences to achieve the feel I like, but I'm currently running Raw 100/75/50/25. I will adjust the fx value up or down from 25 on different tracks to get the feel I want. I used Informative for a while with much different settings to get a similar feel, but decided to go back to default raw and start from there and I'm currently liking this better. That may change again depending on what I'm driving most.

The best thing is to choose a flavour and then adjust around until you get an understanding of what the settings do.

Some tips:

- Only adjust one setting at a time and give it a while to get used to it.
    - Keep an eye on telemetry to make sure you aren't getting any signal clipped. The last bar will fill up with red for any clipping, meaning that is extra detail you are not getting because the wheel is already producing the max it can produce at one time. A little clipping isn't bad now and then, but if the bar is staying constantly filled you are losing a lot of detail.
    - Adjust your wheel to the max rotation by moving the joystick to the right or left and pressing the mode button at the same time. You will see the red light flash green between 1-5 times. If it flashes 5 times, you are at the max rotation. I like to calibrate and use my wheel at max and let the games soft lock give me the max lock depending on the car. If you have your ffb very strong, the soft lock may not work well because the soft lock itself could be clipped. If you find yourself reaching what feels like the limit on the wheel and then it jumps past that sometimes, dial down your ffb to prevent this from happening. I don't think the soft lock clipping shows up in the ffb telemetry.
    - Adjusting the steering ratio in each car will affect your ffb too. Try increasing the ratio for a looser feel or decreasing for a tighter feel. Usually the default in the car is a good feel for that car but you may have a personal preference that is different from that.
    - Don't change too much at once. Once you find something that feels pretty good, wait until the next day before you try to make any more adjustments.
    The following user likes this Post: Lewy

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by g.stew View Post
    Are you using it on PC or xb1x?

If you are on PC, check out this thread for custom ffb config files and setup guide for it. If you check towards the end, there is a v3.0 posted.

If you are using it on xb1x, what FFB settings are you using. I've had a few different preferences to achieve the feel I like, but I'm currently running Raw 100/75/50/25. I will adjust the fx value up or down from 25 on different tracks to get the feel I want. I used Informative for a while with much different settings to get a similar feel, but decided to go back to default raw and start from there and I'm currently liking this better. That may change again depending on what I'm driving most.

The best thing is to choose a flavour and then adjust around until you get an understanding of what the settings do.

Some tips:

- Only adjust one setting at a time and give it a while to get used to it.
    - Keep an eye on telemetry to make sure you aren't getting any signal clipped. The last bar will fill up with red for any clipping, meaning that is extra detail you are not getting because the wheel is already producing the max it can produce at one time. A little clipping isn't bad now and then, but if the bar is staying constantly filled you are losing a lot of detail.
    - Adjust your wheel to the max rotation by moving the joystick to the right or left and pressing the mode button at the same time. You will see the red light flash green between 1-5 times. If it flashes 5 times, you are at the max rotation. I like to calibrate and use my wheel at max and let the games soft lock give me the max lock depending on the car. If you have your ffb very strong, the soft lock may not work well because the soft lock itself could be clipped. If you find yourself reaching what feels like the limit on the wheel and then it jumps past that sometimes, dial down your ffb to prevent this from happening. I don't think the soft lock clipping shows up in the ffb telemetry.
    - Adjusting the steering ratio in each car will affect your ffb too. Try increasing the ratio for a looser feel or decreasing for a tighter feel. Usually the default in the car is a good feel for that car but you may have a personal preference that is different from that.
    - Don't change too much at once. Once you find something that feels pretty good, wait until the next day before you try to make any more adjustments.
    I got the TS-XW last week and coming from a G920 it’s unbelievable how good this wheel feels.
    The torque is outstanding.
    Great tips, I’ve been looking everywhere about changing the DOR on the wheel itself but had no luck until seeing your post.
    Just wanted to ask if you’re using any different ffb settings now you’ve had the wheel a few months or have you stuck with raw 100/75/50/25 ?
    I’m still fiddling about at the moment trying to find the best settings.
    Also is it best to leave the DOR to the full 1080 degrees?
    When I updated the firmware the other day, it said it was on 900 but in pc2 it shows as 1080 when calibrating.
    XBoX Live - LEWYOOOSH - Xbox series X - Thrustmaster TS-XW TM rim & T3pa pro +wheelstand pro and comfy sofa - Panasonic TX58EX750B 4KUHD - Onkyo TX-NR676E Atmos receiver -Dali zensor 7ís fronts - Dali ZENSOR Vokal Center - Monitor audio bronze FX - Dali C1 atmos - Dali E12F sub - turtle Beach 800x

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Hey guys. Does anybody find these wheels grainy feeling? Their well marketed as being smooth and many reviewers claim it is very smooth however after recieving my thrustmaster ts xw I find it feels a little rough and the feedback is quite 'grabby' and difficult to control. I have tweaked my feedback settings for projevt cars 2 to remove lots of the uneccessary feedback but Iam still unhappy with how it feels.
    I did have a fanatec csr before this and i must say that felt a lot smoother.. I have also onwed a fantec csw 2.5 before changing it for the thrustmaster as I found the csw was way overkill for war I use my rig for (some quick race sessions from time to time).

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Hi,

Found this thread as I just bought this same wheel and I find that in pc2 the wheel feels "notchy" going through corners and I was wondering if anyone else experienced this and if a setting change resolved or at least made it better. This is my first FFB wheel and so I am not sure if this feeling is just a part of what I am supposed to feel or if this is an issue with my wheel.

Thanks.