Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Renault 3.5

Platform
    PC

Renault 3.5

I love driving this car but I can't win a race especially at Brands Hatch. I also tried to do a 30 lap race at Watkins Glen and I know that track is a beast for cars but again, I can't find an AI setting that suits the car. I'm only mediocre but I was wondering If there is a known issue with the AI and this car. I'm right down to 30-40 aggression and 50 - 60 AI level. Always start at the back and the aggression works well on the first corner but I can get maybe up to 15th place depending on ai pitting but I do seem to struggle and I'm practising really hard honest guv! Brands Hatch is a different beast again as the same ai settings and I can't get more than a few places. I'm using 25 AI and I'll keep practising but If anyone can help me improve with this combo, I would love you long time
    Core I7- 6700K - Nvidia GTX 1080 TI -Gigabyte Z170 HD3P Motherboard - 16gb memory - 2tb HD - Alienware 34" Gsync 144hz Monitor - Thrustmaster T300 GTE - T3PA pro pedals- TH8A Shifter - Corsair Void wireless headset- GT Omega wheelstand - steam - jimortality - Xbox 1 X - jimortality

Keena
    Are you using a wheel? What ffb if so? Are you loading a stable setup?
    Last edited by Keena; 13-01-2018 at 11:36.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Keena View Post
    Are you using a wheel? What ffb if so? Are you loading a stable setup?
    Yes mate, I use a T300 and just default immersive with volume on 40% Personally I love the feel of this car but I don't think it's supposed to be raced at Watkins lol
    Core I7- 6700K - Nvidia GTX 1080 TI -Gigabyte Z170 HD3P Motherboard - 16gb memory - 2tb HD - Alienware 34" Gsync 144hz Monitor - Thrustmaster T300 GTE - T3PA pro pedals- TH8A Shifter - Corsair Void wireless headset- GT Omega wheelstand - steam - jimortality - Xbox 1 X - jimortality

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by jimortality View Post
    Yes mate, I use a T300 and just default immersive with volume on 40% Personally I love the feel of this car but I don't think it's supposed to be raced at Watkins lol
    Hi Jim, it says you are on PC and there are setups for Patch 3.0 on TT for both Brands Hatch and Watkins Glen, if you haven't tried them it may be worth a look.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkngone View Post
    Hi Jim, it says you are on PC and there are setups for Patch 3.0 on TT for both Brands Hatch and Watkins Glen, if you haven't tried them it may be worth a look.
    Thanks for that, I'll have a look.

Platform
    PC
    So I downloaded the ghost set up from the number 1 time and did a couple of laps straight off. Got within about 5 seconds which for me is pretty good and I am happy for now. Laps 3 and 4 were a problem as the engine was overheating then it completely blew up. I checked the new set up and found the radiator was totally closed lol. Anyway, I did a few more laps and the engine is now lasting longer. This is brilliant, the car feels fantastic in my own opinion and I can even see the tires heating up then changing colour when they cool down again. More practice needed especially trying to make the engine last but this combi is great.

Platform
    PC
    So I downloaded the ghost set up from the number 1 time and did a couple of laps straight off. Got within about 5 seconds which for me is pretty good and I am happy for now. Laps 3 and 4 were a problem as the engine was overheating then it completely blew up. I checked the new set up and found the radiator was totally closed lol. Anyway, I did a few more laps and the engine is now lasting longer. This is brilliant, the car feels fantastic in my own opinion and I can even see the tires heating up then changing colour when they cool down again. More practice needed especially trying to make the engine last but this combi is great.
    Hi Jim, sorry, in the TT you can used closed ducts and radiator openings. If you intend to race these setups need to be adjusted almost always.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkngone View Post
    Hi Jim, sorry, in the TT you can used closed ducts and radiator openings. If you intend to race these setups need to be adjusted almost always.
    Ah right thanks.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Laps 3 and 4 were a problem as the engine was overheating then it completely blew up. I checked the new set up and found the radiator was totally closed lol.
    That's a standard setup for time trial. Radiator closed and 1L of fuel.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristi View Post
    That's a standard setup for time trial. Radiator closed and 1L of fuel.
    Yeah I soon started to realise lol