Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gaming next step advice

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

Gaming next step advice

Hi. I'm at a bit of a crossroad and thought I'd ask some advice or ideas.

Currently playing on PS4Pro with 1080 TV, 47". T300RS with T3PA pro pedals and TH8A shifter. Playseat Evolution. Button Box.
    Its good, I'm not complaining so much, but I have the perception there is something much better possible, and I'm struggling with the general cost/benefit and understanding how much better it can really get.
    To be honest, I don't play many other games other than driving.

I see three choices ahead of me:
    1. Stay as is. Save my money.

2. Upgrade to 4K TV. Stay on PS4Pro. But that's probably around $1000 investment for a 65" TV, HDR capable (ballpark). I'd probably go for much larger screen anyway. Struggling to understand if there's really a noticeable improvement with 4K TV, or not.

3. Go PC. Of course that means probably $2000ish because I'd probably go higher end. Of course I guess I'd need also the 4K TV, so that would be on top. It would open up the door to VR I guess. And perhaps upgrade wheel and other equipment at some point.

I know it's a decision I have to take, but what I'm struggling to understand is really how much improvement in the gaming performance and graphics I can really expect? I know it's subjective, but what I'm looking for is an understanding if the changes above would be relatively minor, or in another world?

Any and all comments are welcome. Thanks

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I moved from Xbox one to pc in December 2015 and for me it was the best decision i've ever made. I'm just like you and only interested in driving/race games.
    Why move to pc ?
    - More good sim race games available you can't play on console : Raceroom, Automobilista, iRacing, wreckfest, ...
    - In some games mods are a big deal, like AC where you can easily find 100+ good track mods or like PC2 where you can download mod liveries.
    - No restrictions concerning Leaderboards, in PC2 you have LB for every car/track combo, in AC you don't have LB on console but on pc you have a good mod app for LB.
    - No restrictions concerning wheels, you can use almost any wheel you want. I bought a Fanatec CSR wheel for xbox 360 but couldn't use it when i bought an xbox one.
    - You can make your own decisions about performance vs graphics. You can setup everything yourself.

Yes it cost more money than a console, but for me it's worth every penny.

About 4k : i tried 4k vs 1080p on my pc and for me it's not worth the extra money.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Atak Kat, Demon340

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    believe me, with the current bad AA implementation on PS4 pro, you dont want to play on a large screen.
    I'm using a 49" 4K HDR10 TV; and for simracing, you HAVE to sit close to the TV to a certain limit, and it's not .. pretty.
    if i had a PC i would play in on PC instead since it's the best version there is.
    Oh and also, HDR is broken currently, at least on PS4.
    49" 4K TV / HDR10. Logitech G29. PS4 Pro.
    The following user likes this Post: Atak Kat

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    wreckfest
    ...is coming to PS4...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

DIY rig walk-through :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough
    The following user likes this Post: Sum Dixon-Ear

Platform
    PS5
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    ...is coming to PS4...
    Is it not here already... U100 lobbies at Monza?
    Savoury69 - Fanatec DD Pro/ClubSport F1 2018 LE Rim + Podium APM/ClubSport V3 Pedals + Brake Performance Kit - PS5 Digital - Saor Alba
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Konan, sas5320, TheBaldReverend

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    ...is coming to PS4...
    But when ? It's already on steam.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RoccoTTS View Post
    But when ? It's already on steam.
    Full release or still beta?

Sorry for the slight OT BTW OP...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

DIY rig walk-through :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Full release or still beta?

Sorry for the slight OT BTW OP...
    Still beta, but i never tried it. Gonna wait until it's more stable to try it.
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    There's basically only one reason I currently want to move from PS4 to PC - That is to gain access to and sort through full time trail data, so that I could actually find a ghost of someone who's a bit faster than I can go in any particular car , at any particular track.... The limitations inflicted on us using consoles in this area are really frustrating for me.

If I could swing the cost... after moving to PC, I'd want to maybe do a monitor with a aspect ratio of better than 16:9.. 32:9 would be wonderful, but those things are pricey... 21:9 is maybe a bit closer to what I might be able to come up with.
    Playstation 4 and PC , Playseat Challenge, Logitech G29 has been retired... now run Fanatec Elite + Playstation, v3 pedals, and McLaren GT3 wheel
    The following user likes this Post: Atak Kat

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by iggy View Post
    There's basically only one reason I currently want to move from PS4 to PC - That is to gain access to and sort through full time trail data, so that I could actually find a ghost of someone who's a bit faster than I can go in any particular car , at any particular track.... The limitations inflicted on us using consoles in this area are really frustrating for me.
    I can relate, especially as a beginner...