Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silverstone Bugger in multiplayer

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Silverstone Bugger in multiplayer

Hi,

I am not sure if reporting a bug in this section is correct way but ive done a Practice in Silverstone track in singleplayer and then had a 1 hour endurance race in multiplayer.

Silverstone track in multiplayer seems to be bugged as when i accelerated out to Turn 18 and had a little tankslapper on the car.
    During that tankslapper the rear tyres of my car went on the outside curve and the game immediatly gave me a +83 second penalty by going off track.

I am having hard time to understand why it gave me a penalty when i did not even go over the curve(it did not give me any warning either that slow down for exceeding track limits) it just slammed me the penalty hammer and +83 seconds for the only penalty on the entire race seems a bit extreme.

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    It is a bug, some times the game thinks you have used a shortcut in the track (some bug in the detection algorithm), so you get some extreme penalties. It also happens every time in the final corner in the Dubai National (or International, don't remember for sure) track configuration and in a couple others at least. You just need to keep this in mind and always make absolutely sure you do not go off in those corners.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah but when u have a tankslapper its hard to control ur car.
    I already released throttle when i had it and lost about 3-5 seconds gaining control of my car + the massive slide it gave me so it overheated my rear tyres and then on top of it i get hit with such severe penalty.
    Not to be very negative about it but this is very poorly coded into the game. Half of the lobby during that race was suprised about this penalty even

But all in all if we take out the tankslapper that i had then as far as first couple of laps in silverstone most of the people took the racing line in a way that they went over those curves that eventually gave me a penalty.
    So that algorithm is really broken if normal racing line makes u go over it (No penalty) and when u lose control of ur car to some degree and slide into that curve u get xtreme penalty.

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Yes, unfortunately there are a lot of bugs in the game, it is not nice when they happen to you as they have happened to me (I got the exact same problem as you 2-3 times already) and to everybody else, but it is what it is and we have to deal with it.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Yes, it is actually sad that they have not fixed this issues.
    I Once had a bug that made me uninstall the game and not play it for over half a year. It was on Circuit of the Americas and a bug in the pitlane. Mandatory pitstop was enabled in the race and i was in top 10 position (there was 24 racers) when i dove into the pits did my scheduled pitstop and came back on the track the game throwed me out of top 10 and +1 laps behind eveyrone.
    It was a race with LMP1 class and was a 6 hour endurance race with about 13 minutes remaining. Not sure if they have fixed that bug yet or it still can happen but thats the most extreme bug ive seen.

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Heh, yeah, this has happened to me as well one time, but I was not laughing back then . It's possibly a similar root problem with the previous bug, sometimes the game gets confused and completely miscalculates track positions. So many times I have been in the first or second position and when the guy behind me closes in a bit, I get blue flags...

Yeah, it is very annoying when those things happen and they are so many things that go wrong unfortunately, especially in online racing. A pity they were not fixed, but on the other hand PCARS2 is so extremely good the times that it works well, so I personally cannot leave it for any other sim, despite the many frustrations. Just hoping PCARS3 will be way more solid and robust that 1 and 2 have been.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    True. Many times i wish to leave the game but can't find anything in replacement
    I like the "Rank system" in PC2 even tho u get warnings when someone rear ends u... Or the warning "Unsafely returned to track" while being as safe as u possible can be

But Other similair games have their problems..
    iRacing - Monthly payment - I do not have the time to play games that much to make it worth my money
    Assetto Corsa - Multiplayer has absolutely no rank system and it seems that keyboard master race is dominating that multiplayer side.
    Assetto Corsa Competizione - Too early to grade but what i have seen so far - No multiplayer side whatsoever
    rFactor - Have not tried it
    F1 games - Lag Spikes in online lobbies and random disconnects ruin the game.(They got dedicated servers in lobbies if im correct)

So far besides Project cars 2 there is not really any other racing sim game to pop up for a casual gamer.
    Hardcore people sit in iRacing and i respect that but thinking the cost..
    10$Per month if im correct + 10-30$ for each car and track. . .

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Well, it is not that bad for the other games, for example AC does have a 3rd party ranking system (but yeah, unless you go to 3rd party solutions, you are doomed), ACC does have multiplayer (although it is still buggy from what I hear). But for me everything else is so extremely lacking to PCARS2 in terms of features and content (and most of them in gfx quality) that for me they are not an option. Iracing is a category on its own for many reasons

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Well with ACC they said it out loud that they will focus on singleplayer and its more less singleplayer game with the option of going multiplayer but they wont put much development into multiplayer side.

But while on this topic, is there any more bugs like massive ones i should be aware of during online?
    Cause i do play alot of online even tho im not massively fast and setup of a car is always struggling for me (Specially Tyre Pressure and suspension part)

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    There are plenty, but possibly the most "dangerous" is the assist resetting, when you use different cars in the same game session, for example you have traction control enabled in quali and when race starts, TC is suddenly disabled. So, if you are using those assists, map a button to enabling/disabling them (TC and ABS, also stability control if you use that as well), so you can enable them back on the fly when they get disabled.

Other dangerous bugs have to do with the game locking up going from quali to race, not allowing you to race. To avoid most of those issues avoid doing anything after you are back to the pits in quali and the regular quali time has ended (so are in overtime), till the start race screen opens. Do not adjust your setup for the race right then, wait for the quali to completely end. Also do not check friends list, open the game options or anything like that, just let the PC stay there idle till it gets you to the race start screen. Then you can safely do any adjustments you want.

There are plenty more, but you can do nothing about them to avoid them, so no point mentioning them . Except maybe do not stay long in the pits while qualifying, because you might be blocking someone else from leaving them who is in a garage near to yours. And when you are stuck yourself, ask in the chat others to leave the pits.

About setups, do not worry about suspension, it anyway makes a very small difference in the game. Just make sure that your tire pressures are around 1.7-1.9 bar (25-27 psi) for GT and TC cars after a couple laps of driving (so there need to be usually around 1.4 bar in the setup options), also put Engine Braking to maximum value to make the car more stable when braking, adjust your fuel and you are done, very few people adjust anything more than that anyway.