Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to adjust AI difficulty to myself

Platform
    PC

How to adjust AI difficulty to myself

Sinse patch 4th, how do you guys do it? And do you have to alter your AI difficulty after the patch?

The main problem for me seems to be, that if I set AI difficulty to be as fast as I am on a track, I will not get good qualify positions and I will not score points, but the race will be really competative. If I target myself to become at least 3th and proceed, I must be faster than AI. Qualifying first and driving first entire race is boring and I donīt feel success. Thatīs why I hate the career requirement to complete chimpionship at least 3th.
    Last edited by yannara; 11-02-2018 at 15:14.

Platform
    PC
    Use Quick Race to find an AI strength/aggression setting that works well for you. Then use that in career. There will still be some variation in Career Mode with the AI level as it will be +/- some percentage of your settings based on the type of event, but don't adjust anything for those.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Use Quick Race to find an AI strength/aggression setting that works well for you. Then use that in career. There will still be some variation in Career Mode with the AI level as it will be +/- some percentage of your settings based on the type of event, but don't adjust anything for those.
    Heh, tried that for many times and many years in fact. I had issues with this in previous games as well like Nasca 2003, GTR, GTR2, WTCC, Race On ...

Platform
    PC
    Basically, you just have to come to grips that some tracks you will have a good race, some tracks you'll be way faster, and others you'll be way slower.

TBH, that's not that different in real life. Outside of F1 where money wins, drivers and cars have tracks they are stronger at, and others they are weaker at.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 3 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, MillieG420, yannara

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Basically, you just have to come to grips that some tracks you will have a good race, some tracks you'll be way faster, and others you'll be way slower.

TBH, that's not that different in real life. Outside of F1 where money wins, drivers and cars have tracks they are stronger at, and others they are weaker at.
    Here is the issue that I have run into and I'm not sure how to solve it. When I set the AI at a difficulty that has me somewhere in the middle for qualifying I get races where the AI in front drive off into the distance and the AI behind me fall back further and further. This creates an island effect for me where I feel like I'm just hot lapping and not in an engaged race. I've tried playing with all sorts of difficulties and aggressions and it hasn't made much of a difference. I think my skill for most cars is around 100 +/- 5-10 depending on the track. I have the aggression at 50 and I'll play with that more with the new patch. I'll try and find a screen shot that demonstrates these results to give you and idea.

I just want the close racing I keep hearing about with patch 4 that for whatever reason I can't seem to replicate.
    Ryzen 3600|16GBs RAM @3600mhz|EVGA RTX 2070S|Alienware 34" 1440p 120hz G-Sync UW monitor|Fanatec V2.5|Fanatec Formula Carbon Rim|Fanatec V3 Pedals|Fanatec Shifter|Fanatec Handbrake

Platform
    PC
    If you imagine for any given AI speed, the fastest driver will be at one end of a say 10% range, and the last guy will be at the other end of that. The player will probably be a fixed ability somewhere in the middle, depending on what you set. That's also how real races often work, where drivers can spend a long time in a lonely spot, sometimes nearly the whole race.
    In terms of gameplay though, I agree, it's more fun to have action. What I do is try to set the fastest AI about at the best laptime I am capable of, then start at the back and race as clean as possible, not video game style, but real world style, as if I am paying for the bodywork myself. To get to the front I have to work really hard, be patient, not a single error.
    Most times, you can work through the field in about ten or so laps; you may take the lead, you may fight for a podium, who knows, but there is always plenty to do.
    Might not be strictly realistic, but it's much more fun.
    i7-7700K/MSI RTX 3080/Win10 64bit/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/HP Reverb G2/Fanatec CSL wheel + Clubsport V3 pedals/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Im_A_Racefan, Mangoat, OddTimer

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I think you should set the AI for the race, not qualify. If you are faster than the AI in qualify then you will have an easy win in the race, but a kinda boring and solitary race. If your race pace is similar to the front runners or the first 10 cars depending on the category, the race itself should be fun. But then the question is, what should I do about qualifying for the race as the AI pace is faster than their race pace...well, I am struggling with this one too. I think you have to get into car setups and come up with a qualify setup, very low fuel etc.....maybe someone can help on the topic of qualify setups?
    Xbox One X!
    The following user likes this Post: Mahjik

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by OddTimer View Post
    I think you should set the AI for the race, not qualify. If you are faster than the AI in qualify then you will have an easy win in the race, but a kinda boring and solitary race. If your race pace is similar to the front runners or the first 10 cars depending on the category, the race itself should be fun. But then the question is, what should I do about qualifying for the race as the AI pace is faster than their race pace...well, I am struggling with this one too. I think you have to get into car setups and come up with a qualify setup, very low fuel etc.....maybe someone can help on the topic of qualify setups?
    When I need to pick up the pace during Q I usually close brake ducts, close radiator and go with the minimum amount of fuel for one, maybe two, hot laps.
    AMD Ryzen 5 1600 - ASRock A320M Pro4 - EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING 6GB - G.Skill 16GB DDR4 - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 550W - Thrustmaster T300 RS - Triple monitors

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenzic View Post
    When I need to pick up the pace during Q I usually close brake ducts, close radiator and go with the minimum amount of fuel for one, maybe two, hot laps.
    good tips! engine shouldn't take a big hit over 2 or 3 laps....add to this just the amount of fuel for those 2 or 3 laps, plus low aero on soft tires...it should help, I will give it a try. Thanks.
    Xbox One X!

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Tar Heel View Post
    When I set the AI at a difficulty that has me somewhere in the middle for qualifying I get races where the AI in front drive off into the distance and the AI behind me fall back further and further.
    I witness the same thing! I have this feeling, that AI behind you canīt overtake you and you ruin their raceline. I have almost similar situation, but AI keeps behind me. If I let someone overtake me, he will then get away from me.