Thread: Fellow critics off SMS

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro

Fellow critics off SMS

I am have been highly critical of SMS but it's not just them. As i find every game developer launchs a game and not long after a 10gb patch. Showing little regard for the end user and more concern with their bottom line. What with in game purchases and the like.

I'm sorry for those that are having the crash issue after the patch. But having made a successful download and being able to see the updates been made. Its obvious SMS have worked hard righting all the errors, bugs and mistakes in the game. I'm a hard person to please and although still feel let down. I'm also pleased to see SMS taking responsibility and making a proper effort and not just a half assed attempt._ im pretty sure the crash issue will be solved very soon so i think they warrant just alittle more time solving this one last hurdle

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Two parts to this. One, yeah this is how the game probably should have been at launch, fine. Two, who cares? It's where it is now and that's great. And personally I'm quite pleased that I stuck with it through the bugs etc because now it's been finished off properly I know it (and am good enough at it) to truly enjoy it.

It's just the way things are these days. Assetto Corsa got a patch the other day that made it crash constantly. I haven't even had one crash on PC2 since the patch, and God have I been playing it to death.
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I think at the end of day a lot of the frustration comes because people ultimately care about the franchise more than they like to admit. I was really annoyed on Friday after not being able to play on my main account, but still managed to get some great racing done last night on my backup account! Emotional investment is hard sometimes especially when it comes to something you want to see overcome it's issues and flourish.
    Marmite Racing Community - PS4 Project CARS 2 Racing Community | Hardware Specs: PS4 riddled with cat hairs and dust... | Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJp...9KwDB4P5j8LLXQ
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Konan, ScaredDuck

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaredDuck View Post
    I am have been highly critical of SMS but it's not just them. As i find every game developer launchs a game and not long after a 10gb patch. Showing little regard for the end user and more concern with their bottom line. What with in game purchases and the like.

I'm sorry for those that are having the crash issue after the patch. But having made a successful download and being able to see the updates been made. Its obvious SMS have worked hard righting all the errors, bugs and mistakes in the game. I'm a hard person to please and although still feel let down. I'm also pleased to see SMS taking responsibility and making a proper effort and not just a half assed attempt._ im pretty sure the crash issue will be solved very soon so i think they warrant just alittle more time solving this one last hurdle
    Aperrently the patch is 10gb plus due to the dlc being included ie a full track and a load of cars which are hidden behind a paywall rather than it being a big patch.
    Anyone but Hamilton

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by UkHardcore23 View Post
    Aperrently the patch is 10gb plus due to the dlc being included ie a full track and a load of cars which are hidden behind a paywall rather than it being a big patch.
    The content is added for everybody so that even if you don't have the DLC, you can at least see (and hear) other drivers in a MP race that are using DLC cars. There is also the argument that it enables people to start playing with the DLC content the moment it is released, rather than having to wait to download it.
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // NVidia 3060ti FE GPU // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Corsair RM850i 850W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Acer Predator X34P 34" IPS 3440x1440 100Hz //
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Demon340, John Hargreaves, Konan

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    As my Internet access is 4g payg i find that annoying if true. But not shocked. Glad ive built up in excess off 20 EE free boosts. But only got that many due to having to download huge patches and charming EE customer services into giving the odd complimentary boost due to my huge monthly data spend

As ill no doubt buy the dlc
    Last edited by ScaredDuck; 18-02-2018 at 15:04.

Platform
    PC
    During the WMD phase, we had a new build every day somewhere between 0.5-2.0Gb, that would have made your eyes water
    i7-7700K/MSI RTX 3080/Win10 64bit/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/HP Reverb G2/Fanatec CSL wheel + Clubsport V3 pedals/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Konan, ScaredDuck, SH71

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by cluck View Post
    The content is added for everybody so that even if you don't have the DLC, you can at least see (and hear) other drivers in a MP race that are using DLC cars. There is also the argument that it enables people to start playing with the DLC content the moment it is released, rather than having to wait to download it.
    You mean teasing those that dont have the DLC
    Anyone but Hamilton
    The following user likes this Post: ScaredDuck

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    You mean teasing those that dont have the DLC
    Id have thought more along the lines off teasing them into buying it

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodgerzzz View Post
    Emotional investment is hard sometimes especially when it comes to something you want to see overcome it's issues and flourish.
    Yea like with kids, sometimes pushing too hard, then regretting.
    -- Steam: Jetsun -- CSL elite, CSP V3, SQ V1.5 --
    Be Water My Friend