Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now if only SMS could re-introduce....

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro

Now if only SMS could re-introduce....

Corner mastering and the abilty to custom livery (like they did with shift 1 and 2) i'll die a happy man (Well unless i die before mastering every corner)

Remember the days off trying to master the carousel. Got there eventually. The endless debates on forums on how best to do it were epic

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    You mean I wouldn't have to drive the entire Le Mans 24 hour course to practice on one or two turns?
    Playstation 4 and PC , Playseat Challenge, Logitech G29 has been retired... now run Fanatec Elite + Playstation, v3 pedals, and McLaren GT3 wheel

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by iggy View Post
    You mean I wouldn't have to drive the entire Le Mans 24 hour course to practice on one or two turns?
    Oh no you'd have to do the whole circuit. What made the carousel such a pain as their was no room for error. Dont know how many attempts it took but it was alot. The upside was i could pretty much do the rest off that stage blindfolded and still can whatever race sim i play. And any circuit that was in shift. For instance i struggle with the Portugal circuit and finding the best lines for some of the corners. Whereas the tracks that featured in the shift games. I now know by heart the best way to attack individual corners esp the more complex ones. It made for a great passive training tool.
    Last edited by ScaredDuck; 20-02-2018 at 00:58.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Ok, I guess I'm just totally unfamiliar with how this 'Corner mastering' thing.
    Playstation 4 and PC , Playseat Challenge, Logitech G29 has been retired... now run Fanatec Elite + Playstation, v3 pedals, and McLaren GT3 wheel

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by iggy View Post
    Ok, I guess I'm just totally unfamiliar with how this 'Corner mastering' thing.
    Me too, lost...
    -- Steam: Jetsun -- CSL elite, CSP V3, SQ V1.5 --
    Be Water My Friend

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsun View Post
    Me too, lost...
    In the shift games every corner had a little tick. If you attacked the corner using the best line whilst carrying enough speed in relation to the car you was driving the little tick would light up. It sounds and at times was alittle tedious. But like isaid was a good passive tool. Once mastered, once the tick was lit up. You had mastered that corner. Im probably not selling very well. But i atleast appreciated its simplicity and helped me hugely in learning harder sections off tracks

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaredDuck View Post
    In the shift games every corner had a little tick. If you attacked the corner using the best line whilst carrying enough speed in relation to the car you was driving the little tick would light up. It sounds and at times was alittle tedious. But like isaid was a good passive tool. Once mastered, once the tick was lit up. You had mastered that corner. Im probably not selling very well. But i atleast appreciated its simplicity and helped me hugely in learning harder sections off tracks
    Makes a little more sense to me now... I just leave my 'potential lap' counter thing on, I can get a pretty good idea of what areas of the track I'm going fast or slow in by using that.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Or just load and practice against a TT ghost, something that's just a little faster than yours. not the #1 guy as that frustrating to follow and hard to replicate.

Platform
    PC
    I really liked that corner mastering stuff. Or the GT Sport way of learning a track section by section
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted SOLD / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Jetsun, ScaredDuck

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaredDuck View Post
    Sounds like harmless fun but not sure what the end game is. I wonder if the engine is even capable of analysing and concluding the best line for every car at every speed with every combination of setup, fuel load and track condition.

Sound like the sort of thing that would be fun in single player as some sort of licence mode but probably not that helpful in a sim racing sense.
    PS4 Pro - T300 Alcantara - T3PA - TH8A - Wheel Stand Pro