Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DLC doesn't show in-game

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

Question DLC doesn't show in-game

Hi all, just to say I'm currently having some issues with the DLC. I've got three packs currently installed on the game, including the first pack which contains the Panoz GTR-1 and the Porsche Legends pack, but for some reason they don't appear in the car selection screen. But I definitely know they're installed as I have double checked the situation. There must be a simple explanation for this, has anyone got any pointers?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Something similar was posted in the thread below.

I had this problem with PC1 once, and a uninstall of the game and the DLC, and then a reinstall fixed it.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ly-loads-to-25

The same solution seemed to fix it in this thread. I know its a pain, but might be your best chance of a "quick" resolution :-)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Ok thanks, I will look into it. Having said that, will this delete all the gaming data including replay saves?
    Last edited by HotRodRacer463; 19-07-2018 at 15:19.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by HotRodRacer463 View Post
    Ok thanks, I will look into it. Having said that, will this delete all the gaming data including replay saves?
    I don't think so, but I cannot be certain, maybe someone else can advise on that?

It certainly won't affect your career progress, as I have uninstalled/reinstalled several times. I have even factory reset the X a number of times and sent it back for repair and when I reinstall, everything just downloads from the cloud.
    The following user likes this Post: JasonSandwich

Platform
    PC
    Backup your my docs pcars folder if your concerned about setups, replays, screens, etc.
    Project CARS 2 Driver Eye Youtube Playlist
    Current Rig: Monitor: Sharp 42" LED | VR: Oculus Rift CV1 | CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.0GHz | GPU:STRIX 1080TI OC | MB: ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING | Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB M.2 + Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + WD BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 3200MHz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: EVGA 850W G2 80+GOLD
    Hardware: Wheel: FAN PC HUB | Pedals: FAN V2 | Rim: FAN GT US

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by beetes_juice View Post
    Backup your my docs pcars folder if your concerned about setups, replays, screens, etc.
    I think that all saves within your Xbox save file which should also get a cloud sync. I've had to reinstall on Xbox and didn't lose these things.
    Xbox One X - Thrustmaster TX and T3PA - Arizona (UTC -7h) - Check out the Randomizer Randomizer (thread) - ProjectCALC
    The following user likes this Post: The_Senser

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Ok so what is this cloud sync tool, and how does this work? Sorry I'm a bit old school when it comes to modern technology! lol Anyways I amuse it would save having to keep uninstalling and reinstalling everytime you download new DLC, if that's the case.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    If you are on the Xbox, your profile and game saves are automatically stored in the cloud and on the Xbox Hard Drive. If you uninstall PC2 and all the DLC, reboot and reinstall starting with PC2 itself, and then adding the DLC once it is installed you should have all the content. If you bought the physical game on disc, you will have to insert the disc first and they install the updates when prompted to do so. You can then install the DLC which will be linked to your profile. If you bought the digital copy, the game and the DLC will be linked to your profile and you can just download it all from the Store.

Once everything is installed (game and DLC) start the game and it will download and sync your game save and settings. If Jason is correct, you will also get back your setups, replays, etc.
    The following user likes this Post: JasonSandwich

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by HotRodRacer463 View Post
    Ok so what is this cloud sync tool, and how does this work? Sorry I'm a bit old school when it comes to modern technology! lol Anyways I amuse it would save having to keep uninstalling and reinstalling everytime you download new DLC, if that's the case.
    You shouldn't have to reinstall with each DLC - this seems like an odd issue but a reinstall usually fixes it.

@The Senser is correct, as long as you're logged into Xbox Live (and implicitly have an internet connection), your stuff will re-sync on the first run of the game after install. Cloud stuff is amazing.
    Xbox One X - Thrustmaster TX and T3PA - Arizona (UTC -7h) - Check out the Randomizer Randomizer (thread) - ProjectCALC

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    One other thing I should have mentioned earlier is I don't have online access. I tend to do most racing offline, which might have an effect on things. But once again I really appreciate your advise, I'll look into it at some point next week when I get the chance then report back.