Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Identical cars on host change. Is there a workaround?

Platform
    PC

Identical cars on host change. Is there a workaround?

Scenario:
    1. You join an online lobby with GT3 (same class, not identical cars) grid.
    2. After the race new host has been chosen.
    3. The "same class" settings changes to "identical" and all cars change to the same model as host.

Is there a workaround for this?
    Anyone knows what is triggering this unwanted change?
    CPU i7-6700K@Stock | GPU Asus GTX 1080 ROG OC 8GB@Stock | RAM 64GB DDR4 TridentZ@2400Mhz | MB Asus Z-170 Deluxe | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G29 + H Shifter + Wheelstand Pro

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Unfortunately no workaround, every time a host leaves we have this problem and many nice lobbies are ruined because of that. Hope it gets fixed sometime, been like that since release I think.

Platform
    PC
    I have a theory what might be the source of the problem...
    Until you change it manually, the default setting for opponent cars while creating your own lobby is "identical":
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2018.07.30 - 07.23.09.61.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	105.3 KB 
ID:	258297

This might be taken into consideration by the game, when such person with default online lobby settings gets selected as the new host.

I'm currently testing what if a person with changed online lobby settings to "same class" gets selected as a new host...

Name:	Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2018.07.30 - 07.23.18.35.jpg 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	258298

Name:	Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2018.07.30 - 07.21.55.61.jpg 
Size:	105.3 KB 
ID:	258299

...will the game change the current opponent settings back to "identical" in the current online lobby you are in?

You can help me test it.
    Just make sure before you enter online play that you have "same class" set instead of "identical".
    The game did change it couple of times by its own (maybe setting it as a favorite might help?) so please pay attention to it.

Name:	Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2018.07.30 - 07.22.55.99.jpg 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	258300

Please report your findings in this thread.
    Maybe we will find some clues...
    Last edited by DanyGee; 30-07-2018 at 06:06.
    CPU i7-6700K@Stock | GPU Asus GTX 1080 ROG OC 8GB@Stock | RAM 64GB DDR4 TridentZ@2400Mhz | MB Asus Z-170 Deluxe | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G29 + H Shifter + Wheelstand Pro
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Asturbo, cpcdem

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Good point, you're probably right! I set this to "Same Class", but then join any lobby, instantly exit and check my setting again, now it is always set to "Identical".

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Good point, you're probably right! I set this to "Same Class", but then join any lobby, instantly exit and check my setting again, now it is always set to "Identical".
    Exactly! Same here.
    Before joining any lobby I've checked my online settings - got "same class", as intended.
    I joined a lobby, went back and checked my online settings - got reverted to "identical" (possibilities here are two: either the game reverts to "identical" on every lobby exit or only from a lobby of a user with his default online settings set to "identical").
    Restarted the game completely, checked online settings - got "same class" again, as intended (so it looks like "setting as favorite" seems to work).
    Now we just have to test it.
    Check before every join that we have "same class" set. Join a lobby, get selected as a new host and see if it works.

P.S. The game seems to not save the online settings if you simply exit that screen. Looks like you have to first create your lobby and exit afterwards, to save settings. Pay attention to it
    Last edited by DanyGee; 30-07-2018 at 07:54.

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by DanyGee View Post
    Check before every join that we have "same class" set. Join a lobby, get selected as a new host and see if it works.
    That's the tricky part to achieve

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    That's the tricky part to achieve
    You can meetup with friends and sniff around.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by DanyGee View Post
    I have a theory what might be the source of the problem...
    Until you change it manually, the default setting for opponent cars while creating your own lobby is "identical":
    Not sure that is the case.

When you join a lobby, usually the settings of that lobby become your new settings, so to speak.
    i.e Join a lobby, run a qualifying lap or something, exit the lobby and create a new one. Your settings will usually change to match the last lobby you where in.
    So therefore, everybody who joins should have the same 'new lobby' settings... I would have thought ?!?

Might be wrong though, bug is indeed a pita.
    RWB Racing International

Platform: PC Hardware: Fanatec Podium DD2 & CSv3 pedals CS Shifter, Rift S / 4K XB321HK / Triple XB271HU 1440p screens. i9 9900k, 32gb Ram, 2080ti, Samsung m2 ssd, Logitech Z906 5.1 surround system, Throne Thumper, ButtKicker Gamer 2 & SimVibe, Rseat S1

Platform
    PC
    Yeah FX, you are indeed correct that host settings for any lobby you join are “stamped” onto you, however it does seem like the car selection type changes on its own to identical insome way too. Be great to get a workaround for this short of an actual fix.

It never was explained why in PCars1 you could switch between identical and same class while in lobby but in PCars2 you can’t?? Return that feature and problem largely solved
    https://rwb-racing.enjin.com/forum --- https://discord.gg/MmtTXPA --- Casual PCars 2 Player

i5 8600K @ 4.8GHz \ 1080Ti \ 16GB RAM \ SSD's \ Sim-Plicity 20Nm OSW \ Fanatec Formula Black Rim USB Converted \ Fanatec v3 Pedals
    The following user likes this Post: davidt33

Platform
    PC
    I can only hope devs are aware of it and it is on their fix plan.