Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [ANSWERED] PC2 changing registry settings and messing with feedback in other games?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

[ANSWERED] PC2 changing registry settings and messing with feedback in other games?

I bought F1 2018 and noticed that my force feedback on the G29 was messed up. I had no centering force or wheel feel. The only effects that worked where bumps and rumbles. It also renders the wheel useless in WRC 7 and inverts the Gas and Clutch pedals in ISI games. After reading other forums, the issue seems to be that PCars 2 changes a few registry files for the G29. Below is the quoted post from steam that shows what registry values were changed and what they need to be changed to in order to fix the feedback:

"I had this issue for the first time like 2 months ago, and drove me nuts, I knew it was a software problem, but couldn't find a proper fix. Uninstalling LGS and cleaning registry only works until you start Project Cars again.

Project Cars 2 delete and modifies system keys from registry.

Only yesterday I installed RegShot to monitor registry changes and it's clear that Project Cars deletes and modifies entries in HKU\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_046D&PID_C24F, especially the OEM Name and OEM data entries. Restoring these fields fixes the problems with clutch becoming the accelerator and vice-versa and the loss of feedback.
    This has to be done every time you played Project Cars. You need default keys values, ideally a registry back-up with that data. No need to reinstall LGS or unplug the wheel

Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_046D&PID_C24F

Test this values, it works for me:

OEMName: "Logitech G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel USB" instead of "G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel"

OEMData: 43 00 08 10 19 00 00 00 instead of 00 00 00 10 00 00 00 00"

In short, why does PCars 2 do this and is there a way to avoid PCars 2 from doing this? Is this an expected behavior for PCars 2 or an accidental issue?
    The following user likes this Post: kianadrive

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by racing_fan View Post
    I bought F1 2018 and noticed that my force feedback on the G29 was messed up. I had no centering force or wheel feel. The only effects that worked where bumps and rumbles. It also renders the wheel useless in WRC 7 and inverts the Gas and Clutch pedals in ISI games. After reading other forums, the issue seems to be that PCars 2 changes a few registry files for the G29. Below is the quoted post from steam that shows what registry values were changed and what they need to be changed to in order to fix the feedback:

"I had this issue for the first time like 2 months ago, and drove me nuts, I knew it was a software problem, but couldn't find a proper fix. Uninstalling LGS and cleaning registry only works until you start Project Cars again.

Only yesterday I installed RegShot to monitor registry changes and it's clear that Project Cars deletes and modifies entries in HKU\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_046D&PID_C24F, especially the OEM Name and OEM data entries. Restoring these fields fixes the problems with clutch becoming the accelerator and vice-versa and the loss of feedback.
    This has to be done every time you played Project Cars. You need default keys values, ideally a registry back-up with that data. No need to reinstall LGS or unplug the wheel

Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_046D&PID_C24F

OEMName: "Logitech G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel USB" instead of "G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel"

In short, why does PCars 2 do this and is there a way to avoid PCars 2 from doing this? Is this an expected behavior for PCars 2 or an accidental issue?
    I'm on the latest version of Windows 10, PCars 2, I7-8700k at stock speed, 1080Ti, G29 on latest firmware and latest Logitech Profile Software (Have used various versions with the same force feedback issue).

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

I had the same problem. Had to reinstall Windows to get my G29 to work properly again. Then I deleted PC2.

The Netherlands, close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Sure this isn't some Logitech software thing? Lgs510_x64 for the G25 was famous for auto-updating (via Windows 10) only to recognise your G25 as a Driving Force (which also reversed pedals and went from 3 to 2 and lowered the rotation to 200 or something). And it also ruined FFB if I'm correct. Has fooled me multiple times(on seperate systems).

And that old profiler also had specific game profiles, so it would perform an action(including loading the profile) when you start a specific game. That could also trigger registry changes. So in that case the fact that starting Pcars 2 triggers it is right, but the game itself might not me the cause.

In fact having wheels from all 3 main manufacturers, the only software/hardware combo that is consistenly bulletproof for me is Thrustmaster(T500). Logitech(g25) en Fanatec(CSW 2.5) all have their quircks once in a while, or even consistenly.
    Last edited by MaximusN; 28-08-2018 at 13:01.
    "What we tweeted was a factual description of events. No need to speculate on this"
    DD1, Fanatec Universal Hub, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, 3090 iChill x4, 3900X, Samsung 49" G9/Vive, Denon AVC-X3700H

/// MaximusDoriftus(Steam)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    Sure this isn't some Logitech software thing? Lgs510_x64 for the G25 was famous for auto-updating (via Windows 10) only to recognise your G25 as a Driving Force (which also reversed pedals and went from 3 to 2 and lowered the rotation to 200 or something). And it also ruined FFB if I'm correct. Has fooled me multiple times(on seperate systems).

And that old profiler also had specific game profiles, so it would perform an action(including loading the profile) when you start a specific game. That could also trigger registry changes. So in that case the fact that starting Pcars 2 triggers it is right, but the game itself might not me the cause.

In fact having wheels from all 3 main manufacturers, the only software/hardware combo that is consistenly bulletproof for me is Thrustmaster(T500). Logitech(g25) en Fanatec(CSW 2.5) all have their quircks once in a while, or even consistenly.
    The issue is with Project Cars 2. Today, I uninstalled and cleaned the registry of Logitech Drivers and then downloaded the latest drivers for my wheel. After this, I booted up a few sims, GT Legends, WRC 7, and Rfactor 2 for a few min. I checked the registry and the registry was what I mentioned above. Then after reinstalling PCars 2, calibrating the wheel and running a race, the registry values were different and I had to change them back again. So it is something odd with Project Cars 2.

Platform
    PC
    PC2 uses the Logitech drivers to adjust the wheel in-game. There is an option in the Logitech settings for "Allow game to adjust the parameters". Any title that can adjust the wheel directly using the drivers will cause that as it seems Logitech does not reset it. This was reported with the recent F1 games as well. It's a Logitech problem in the way their drivers handle it as this does not exist for Thrustmaster nor Fanatec.

You can disable "Allow game to adjust the parameters", but then PC2 will not be able to set the proper steering lock for the cars in-game. It's one of the may reasons I dumped Logitech as their quality (software and hardware) has gone down over the years.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 3 users likes this Post: MrTulip, Sankyo, senna94f1

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    PC2 uses the Logitech drivers to adjust the wheel in-game. There is an option in the Logitech settings for "Allow game to adjust the parameters". Any title that can adjust the wheel directly using the drivers will cause that as it seems Logitech does not reset it. This was reported with the recent F1 games as well. It's a Logitech problem in the way their drivers handle it as this does not exist for Thrustmaster nor Fanatec.

You can disable "Allow game to adjust the parameters", but then PC2 will not be able to set the proper steering lock for the cars in-game. It's one of the may reasons I dumped Logitech as their quality (software and hardware) has gone down over the years.
    I have not tried the latest F1 game after I fixed the wheel. I had returned it. I have the profiler set to adjust other games and do not have the issue of it not being changed back. I wonder if it is a Logitech or PCars issue. I have now tried a few other sims (Dirt 4 and Rally) and they do not change the registry file after I change the wheel settings in game.

Platform
    PC
    A quick check with Procmon.exe from the SysInternals Suite didn't show pcars2avx.exe writing to any registry keys under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick. I had the game use keyboard at the moment, so that might be the reason (although it did read from many keys in that path). One other thing that I might have different from you is that I have renamed C:\Program Files\Logitech\Gaming Software\lwemon.exe to C:\Program Files\Logitech\Gaming Software\lwemon.exe_ so that it doesn't launch automatically. And I'm using Win7.
    CPU AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming | RAM 32GB DDR4 3600MHz | GPU nVidia RTX2070 Super 8GB (471.11) | Audio SupremeFX S1220A on MB | Screen ASUS PG329Q | OS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    In-game settings: 2560x1440 / 2560x1080 | Texture Resolution HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON (120Hz) | AA None | Reflections HIGH | Envmap HIGH | Vehicle HIGH | World HIGH | Shadows HIGH | Motion Blur NO | Render Frames Ahead 1 | Particles HIGH/HIGH/HIGH

PC2Info, a PC program that shows most stats the game provides over UDP
    "Dunning–Kruger effect is strong in simracing."

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sampo View Post
    A quick check with Procmon.exe from the SysInternals Suite didn't show pcars2avx.exe writing to any registry keys under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick. I had the game use keyboard at the moment, so that might be the reason (although it did read from many keys in that path). One other thing that I might have different from you is that I have renamed C:\Program Files\Logitech\Gaming Software\lwemon.exe to C:\Program Files\Logitech\Gaming Software\lwemon.exe_ so that it doesn't launch automatically. And I'm using Win7.
    I've not renamed anything and my dirver is installed to the default path. I think the issue is with PCars 2 and Windows 10. I've only seen it mentioned to happen when the wheel is calibrated in PCars 2. I noticed the first time after palying PCars2 that my wheel pedals were inverted in almost every game and that my Clutch and Gas were reversed. This is a common issue that has been reported on multiple sites across the internet. I never had an issue until I installed PCars 2 and even tested it by reinstalling it with fresh Logitech drivers.

Platform
    PC
    I have not tried the latest F1 game after I fixed the wheel. I had returned it. I have the profiler set to adjust other games and do not have the issue of it not being changed back. I wonder if it is a Logitech or PCars issue. I have now tried a few other sims (Dirt 4 and Rally) and they do not change the registry file after I change the wheel settings in game.
    None of the other titles you listed directly work with the wheel through the Logitech API. They just treat it as a generic USB wheel.

EDIT: The recent F1 titles may but I don't know if that was actually verified when it was posted a while back with F1 2017.
    Last edited by Mahjik; 30-08-2018 at 01:14.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips