Thread: Project cars 2 can't see my controller

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Project cars 2 can't see my controller

HI. i bought the game on steam. i don't have a good controller, it's a cheap one (looks like ps3). i was told that if i want to play the game with it i should use the program called x360ce for the 64 bit game. i down;oaded the program, configured my controller and put all the files in the folder with game (steam-steamapps-common-projectcars2) but when i enter the game it still doesn't recognize my controller. i've tried it on other games like Rocket League and it works perfectly. i would need some help bcus i don't want to play the game with the keyboard. thanks

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Angry Project cars 2 can't see my controller

HI. i bought the game on steam. i don't have a good controller, it's a cheap one (looks like ps3). i was told that if i want to play the game with it i should use the program called x360ce for the 64 bit game. i down;oaded the program, configured my controller and put all the files in the folder with game (steam-steamapps-common-projectcars2) but when i enter the game it still doesn't recognize my controller. i've tried it on other games like Rocket League and it works perfectly. i would need some help bcus i don't want to play the game with the keyboard. thanks

Platform
    PC
    A few things to check:

* Look at Steam -> Settings-> Controller -> General Controller Settings (untick all the options)
    * Trying using something http://ds4windows.com/
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Steam -> Settings-> Controller -> General Controller Settings (all unchecked)
    and i've tried to use ds4 but the program doesn't recognize the controller (i think the program is ONLY for PS4 controllers)
    however when i go in windows->devices and printers, the PC sees it as a generic USB joystick and in Steam -> Settings-> Controller -> General Controller Settingsi think steam sees it as a ps3 controller
    Some more ideas? i'll be waiting

Platform
    PC
    The only thing I can suggest is to get a supported controller.

Just as a test, have you tried using the Custom Controller profile then manually configuring all of the options?
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following user likes this Post: Mad Al

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    now that you mentioned it i have tried it out. it seems to work if i assign all the buttons myself but only in the races. it won't work in the menu

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Podgo View Post
    now that you mentioned it i have tried it out. it seems to work if i assign all the buttons myself but only in the races. it won't work in the menu
    That might be the best you can hope for with an unsupported controller.

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    ah alright. thanks for all your help! Cheers!