Thread: [RESOLVED] Steering wheel can calibrate in PC2, but actual turning is not working.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

[RESOLVED] Steering wheel can calibrate in PC2, but actual turning is not working.

Hi

During the last couple of days, my steering wheel stopped turning the car. When i go to calibrate steering wheel settings, it calibrates nicely, with the number 99 showing when rotating fully, and 180 showing when turning the wheel 90 degrees.
    However, when i am racing, turning the steering wheel does absolutely nothing.
    Steering is set to Left Thumbtstick Left / Right (Steering wheel), and throttle/brakes on Left thumbstick Up/Down (Pedals). I tried to switch these assignments around ingame, and could speed up / down, by turning the wheel, but pressing the pedals didn't do anything, where it should turn the car. So it registers turning the wheel as it should, but steering a car seems to be disabled.

My wheel is a Thrustmaster GXT-something. It is registered as an X-box controller in windows. All axes calibrated and working.
    It is set up as a custom wheel in game.
    Steering deadzone is set to 0.

Anyone know what can disable turning of a car fully?

Windows update has installed an update since last time i played where everything worked as it should.

Platform
    PC
    "Steering is set to Left Thumbtstick Left / Right (Steering wheel), and throttle/brakes on Left thumbstick Up/Down (Pedals). "

I'm not sure what you mean by this? In options make sure you have wheel setup selected and not xbox controller.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Is is set as a steering wheel. If not i wouldn't be able to calibrate it. When i assign "turn left", and turn the wheel left, input is registered as "Left Thumbstick Left". Shouldnt be anything odd about that, since pedal "Left Thumbstick Up" registers fine as it should when racing :-)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenRecoil View Post
    "Steering is set to Left Thumbtstick Left / Right (Steering wheel), and throttle/brakes on Left thumbstick Up/Down (Pedals). "

I'm not sure what you mean by this? In options make sure you have wheel setup selected and not xbox controller.
    its a low cost wheel with old driver structure and therefore knowledged as controller. As he wrote as XBox Controller.
    Thats why it is only supported with 90 left and 90 right.

i know it sounds harsh, but the solution is to buy a wheel, not a toy, if you want serious sim racing.
    Just my personal opinion. Don't throw stones on me
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System MSI Mortar B550 | CPU Ryzen 9-5900x | RAM 32GB DDR4 | GPU RTX2080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base SIMAGIC M10 | Rim TM 599xx, DimSim DIY Rim | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter VNM V1 | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD HP Reverb / Quest 2 | Motion Next Level Motion V3
    Devil's Core - Drivers Club ( german language )
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/devilscoredriversclub/
    The following user likes this Post: beatrunner

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Your input is noted, but it doesn't help solve the situation.
    At the moment i do not want serious sim racing. I just want racing with the wheel i currently have :-)
    The following user likes this Post: satco1066

Platform
    PC
    Check this post;
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1545241
    and/or delete the default.controllersettings.v1.03.sav located here:
    C:\Users\YOU\Documents\Project CARS 2\savegame\YourID\project cars 2\profiles
    Then redo your controller settings ingame.
    AsRock X370 Taichi MB /AMD Ryzen 1700 @ 3.4Ghz / G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 / Samsung NVMe SSD 960 Evo M.2
    Samsung 250GB 850 EVO (SSD) / 2 X SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX480 8GB/OC 1342Mhz / SeaSonic Focus 750W Gold / AMD Adrenalin 18.2.1 drivers / Acer XZ271U bmijpphzx 27Ē Curved WQHD 2560 x 1440p 144Hz monitor.
    Windows 10 64bit / TrackIR 5, ver 5.2 final drivers / Logitech G27
    The following user likes this Post: bporion

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thank you Bullwinkle. Deleting that file sorted everything out :-)
    The following user likes this Post: Mahjik

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Dohlar View Post
    Is is set as a steering wheel. If not i wouldn't be able to calibrate it. When i assign "turn left", and turn the wheel left, input is registered as "Left Thumbstick Left". Shouldnt be anything odd about that, since pedal "Left Thumbstick Up" registers fine as it should when racing :-)
    Apologies for reviving an old thread - I have exactly this issue. I have a steering wheel connected to my machine as a Microsoft 360 gamepad. The steering wheel axis registers as Left thumbstick left/right for steering in the game (as expected), and during calibration the game recognises it no problem and I have calibrated it. I've added it as a "custom wheel".

During a race the pedals of the wheel work but there is no steering.

- I have been into steam's controller settings and disabled all checkboxes
    - I tried deleting the file C:\Users\YOU\Documents\Project CARS 2\savegame\YourID\project cars 2\profiles and re-setting up the controls several times

Does anybody have any thoughts for other things to try?

Cheers

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I tried deleting those .sav files you mentioned, but still the wheel is not working in game. I'm able to calibrate the wheel but no turning effect while in the game. It was working fine before, but suddenly it stopped working.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by VirtualDrive View Post
    I tried deleting those .sav files you mentioned, but still the wheel is not working in game. I'm able to calibrate the wheel but no turning effect while in the game. It was working fine before, but suddenly it stopped working.
    Have you done this?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/80555...71691949824409
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips