Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VR confusion

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

VR confusion

When I try to launch PC in VR using a Vive Pro under Win10, I am told that I need either a keyboard/mouse or a game pad, and that having a Logitech wheel/shifter/pedals will not work. And yet I see people posting about using the Logitech hardware with PC. The Logitech hardware works fine in non-VR mode. Is it true that VR cannot access the Logitech hardware?

Platform
    PC
    was there a new Steam VR update?
    Do you use Steam VR beta?
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System ASUS B550 | CPU Ryzen 9-5900x | RAM 32GB DDR4 | GPU RTX2080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base SIMAGIC M10 | Rim TM Sparco, DimSim DIY Rim | Pedals DC-Simracing | Gearshifter VNM V1 | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD HP Reverb / Quest 2 | Motion Next Level Motion V3
    Devil's Core - Drivers Club ( german language )
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/devilscoredriversclub/

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by satco1066 View Post
    was there a new Steam VR update?
    Do you use Steam VR beta?
    I have no idea if there was a Steam VR update. I thought I was using Steam VR, not a Beta

Kart Driver
    Mine works fine in VR. I would recommend finding the entry for your wheel in Windows Device Manager and uninstalling it fully including the driver when asked. Unplug the USB and plug back in and you might be fixed. If not are you using the Logitech Profiler software? That may be needed.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Stagger Lee View Post
    Mine works fine in VR. I would recommend finding the entry for your wheel in Windows Device Manager and uninstalling it fully including the driver when asked. Unplug the USB and plug back in and you might be fixed. If not are you using the Logitech Profiler software? That may be needed.
    I went into Device Manager and uninstalled the device; I did not delete the driver software. I unplugged the device (USB cable) and plugged it back in. I restarted Steam VR. I tried to run PC, and was, as always, faced with the message that I do not have a compatible controller, and that I need a keyboard/mouse or a game pad: there is not even a hint that anything else (like the Logitech hardware) would work.

So, your suggestion did not help me at all.

The latest Logitech software/driver/profiler is installed; I did not mess with the profiler very much.

Anyone else have a suggestion?

Kart Driver
    Probably a Steam Big Picture issue then. Try uninstalling and reinstalling Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by jon_bondy View Post
    I went into Device Manager and uninstalled the device; I did not delete the driver software. I unplugged the device (USB cable) and plugged it back in. I restarted Steam VR. I tried to run PC, and was, as always, faced with the message that I do not have a compatible controller, and that I need a keyboard/mouse or a game pad: there is not even a hint that anything else (like the Logitech hardware) would work.

So, your suggestion did not help me at all.

The latest Logitech software/driver/profiler is installed; I did not mess with the profiler very much.

Anyone else have a suggestion?
    Are you saying you don't have a mouse and keyboard connected to the PC then ?

Ryzen R7 3800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite - 16Gig DDR4 (Ballistix Elite 3600) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 860 250G SSD, WD 6T Black, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - Gigabyte GM-M6880X Gaming Mouse - Fanatec CSL Elite + Formula V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Pro (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. Ryzen R5 3600X - Asus Prime X570-P - 32G DDR4 (Crucial Ballistix 3200) - EVGA RTX2060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad

YouTube channel - My attempt at a PC2 Career - a work in progress! - Trying other other racing content

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Probably a Steam Big Picture issue then. Try uninstalling and reinstalling Steam.
    Well, your advice totally screwed me. I thought I was deleting the Steam program, but leaving my installed games intact. Everything that I have ever downloaded disappeared without a trace.

Please stop giving me helpful advice.

Maybe someone else can chime in here

Kart Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by jon_bondy View Post
    Well, your advice totally screwed me. I thought I was deleting the Steam program, but leaving my installed games intact. Everything that I have ever downloaded disappeared without a trace.

Please stop giving me helpful advice.

Maybe someone else can chime in here
    This is common knowledge..you can redownload your games and it won’t affect any saves. Sorry my troubleshooting advice has inconvenienced you. It’s a complex issue and considering everything else you’ve tried I prefer to cut to the chase and attempt to identify root cause rather than mess around.

By the way you mentioned you did not delete the driver when removing the device from DevMan. I specifically said to do so..maybe this was a mistake?
    Last edited by Mr. Stagger Lee; 13-10-2018 at 16:17.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    This is common knowledge..you can redownload your games and it wonít affect any saves. Sorry my troubleshooting advice has inconvenienced you. Itís a complex issue and considering everything else youíve tried I prefer to cut to the chase and attempt to identify root cause rather than mess around.

By the way you mentioned you did not delete the driver when removing the device from DevMan. I specifically said to do so..maybe this was a mistake?

It will literally take me a week to reload the games. You giving the advice that you did, without even a warning, is ridiculous and irresponsible.

If I delete the driver, then I will have to reinstall the driver. But I JUST installed the driver. So I do not see how doing what you suggest could possibly help.

Is there anyone else out there who is willing to help? Are there NO people from Project Cars who respond on this forum? Is there ANY other way to get support?