Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] Massive problems with Fanatec CSW wheel in Pcars2 - not to hurt yourself

WMD Member

Angry [RESOLVED] Massive problems with Fanatec CSW wheel in Pcars2 - not to hurt yourself

I havenīt played PCars2 many months. My favorite game is Assetto Corsa. Yesterday I played it again and I got massiv problems with my wheel. Maybe I never played it with the latest patches.

What happens..
    Everytime I go on the track and want to drive out of the box, the ffb of my Fanatec CSW 2.0 wheel kicks in with a lot of force. You get completely surprising massiv blows on your hands. You have to be careful that you do not hurt yourself.

I tested every ffb option in game, did a reinstall, tried out Jack Spade settings, but nothing helps. Then I looked at my wheel settings at the fanatec wheel display and tried to play around with the fanatec settings.

I found out, when i lowered the FF value at the wheel form 100 to about 50 or 60, the massiv blows are gone and it is working. But I used FF at 100 in the past and it was perfect. Set to about 50 is way to low.
    There are no problems with other sim racing games with FF at 100, only with PCars.

Can anybody help me?

Platform
    PC
    What are your in-game FFB settings? Are you driving out of the pits manually, or is the AI first taking control?
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1 for games - RME ADI-2 DAC FS + Hifiman Ananda for music | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen Iiyama ProLite E2607WS 1920 x 1200 |

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    The way he descibes it sounds like AI-controlled pit, Sankyo.

And there is no problem with the CSW 2.5 in pCARS2, only the strength ingame needs to be adjusted properly. Usually I use between 45 and 55% Intensity, depending of the car with amplitude set to 100. FOR at 100.

Those described massive blows are a known problem in a couple of sims. For example, rf2. You have a extremely light wheel while you are leaving the pits, and as soon as you've crossed the pit line and the limiter is disabled, the FFB kicks in with the strength of the ingame configured amount. If you forgot to adjust it, you can hurt yourself as described.

Platform
    PC
    I'm not aware of a particular issue with the CS WB V2 and PCARS2. If you are having no issues with other sims then it is unlikely to be hardware related, but the out-of-the-box settings for PCARS2 shouldn't have this behaviour.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by DomB_Fanatec View Post
    I'm not aware of a particular issue with the CS WB V2 and PCARS2. If you are having no issues with other sims then it is unlikely to be hardware related, but the out-of-the-box settings for PCARS2 shouldn't have this behaviour.
    It's likely the FFB kicking in when car control is transfered from AI to player, so indeed nothing to do with hardware, driver or support of the hardware.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1 for games - RME ADI-2 DAC FS + Hifiman Ananda for music | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen Iiyama ProLite E2607WS 1920 x 1200 |

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    It's likely the FFB kicking in when car control is transfered from AI to player, so indeed nothing to do with hardware, driver or support of the hardware.
    Could be, but it shouldn't result in such a significant 'kick' unless the wheel is completely misaligned at the start, which also shouldn't happen if the Menu Spring Strength feature has done its job.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by DomB_Fanatec View Post
    Could be, but it shouldn't result in such a significant 'kick' unless the wheel is completely misaligned at the start, which also shouldn't happen if the Menu Spring Strength feature has done its job.
    I think it could be the other way around (I myself don't use AI control so I don't know for sure): if the AI drives the car out of the pits and at the time that the player gets control the car's virtual steering wheel is not aligned with the player's wheel (front wheels are not pointing in the direction the player's steering wheel is dictating) then there will be a kick of the steering wheel into the right angle.

WMD Member
    My FFB settings in game are: 100 gain | 50 volume | 50 tone | 25 fx

I now recorded a video for you. It kicks in not only when driving out of the box.

I wrote a mistake earlier - it works until i lower the FF value on the Fanatec wheel below 100 (not when set to 100).
    f.e. at FF 90 it kicks in and can hurt yourself.

Here is a short video I did now. You will see, first run with FF set to 100 will make no problems. Second run set FF to 90 and massiv blows, when driving out of the box and than on track too.

Here you will see:

Perhaps you ask why I want to lower below 100 - FFB center spring is too strong for my taste and i want to lower FF on my wheel.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by briklebritt View Post
    Perhaps you ask why I want to lower below 100 - FFB center spring is too strong for my taste and i want to lower FF on my wheel.
    Are you referring to the center spring in the menus?

Anyway, what you show in the video looks really weird, that needs to be verified and looked into.

WMD Member
    Guys, i solved it!

I downloaded latest Fanatec Beta driver and newest CSW firmware and after flashing it, everything worked for me.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: FxUK, Mahjik, Sankyo