Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me choose christmas gift for myself :)

Platform
    XBOX1 X

Help me choose christmas gift for myself :)

I have Thrustmaster TX standard set (2-pedals with metal plates). There's a sale right now on Thrustmaster 599xx EVO rim, and the T3PA-PRO pedals (around 140 each instead of 175). Currently not that interested in a clutch, but would like to improve the pedals. But I also read great things about the 599xx rim that's supposed to feel great, better ffb, more immersive, and the stock rim feels kinda plastic.
    So I'm leaning towards getting the 599xx rim now, and then start saving for pedals. Good call or stupid call?

Another alternative is to keep saving, and eventually upgrade my monitor from current 24" 1080 to a bigger 4k screen.

Merry Christmas!
    Thrustmaster TX, Ferrari 599XX Alcantara rim, T3PA-Pro, Firmware 54, Xbox One X, public OS, 28" 4K monitor
    Don't miss Yorkie065's excellent videos: Ep26-LiveTrack pt1. Ep 27-LiveTrack pt2.
    Project CALC - cross-platform PC2 leaderboards per car - Xbox/PS4/PC - Forum thread

Platform
    PC
    Since I did both those mods in the past on my old setup, my recommendation, get the pedal upgrade to the T3PA Pro mainly for the conical brake mod. That mod, IMHO, will have a bigger impact on lap times. Your brake pedal will feel slightly more realistic. Both are great mods that totally change the feel of the TX setup (the standard Ferrari wheel with the TX is atrocious).
    What line?
    PC: Ryzen7 5800x 3D, RTX 4090, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD HD, Oculus Rift, Vive Pro, HP Reverb G2
    Wheel/Pedal: Fanatec Clubsport wheel, pedal, shifter and handbrake
    Next Level Racing Motion V3/Traction+
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Atak Kat, Maskmagog

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Thanks, that's great feedback, and consistent with what I've read. Many thanks!
    Thrustmaster TX, Ferrari 599XX Alcantara rim, T3PA-Pro, Firmware 54, Xbox One X, public OS, 28" 4K monitor
    Don't miss Yorkie065's excellent videos: Ep26-LiveTrack pt1. Ep 27-LiveTrack pt2.
    Project CALC - cross-platform PC2 leaderboards per car - Xbox/PS4/PC - Forum thread

Platform
    PC
    Maybe good headphones? I can help u with choose

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Thanks for the input, but I'm pretty happy with my headphones, Sony MDR V6. I've had them for ages and like them. Even replaced the pads with velvet pads.
    Just had a unforeseen cost at around €350, and my wife wants us to buy a washing machine, so it looks like this is on hold anyway

Platform
    PC
    I upgraded to the T3pa Pro set a while back and they are a massive upgrade over the stock pedals ,
    I have just had the 599xx rim for Christmas and that too is a very welcome upgrade , it feels fantastic and i would highly recommend it.
    The following user likes this Post: Maskmagog

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Sounds great! I plan to get both, just not sure which one I should get first.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Maskmagog View Post
    Sounds great! I plan to get both, just not sure which one I should get first.
    The pedals made the biggest difference to my setup , my lap times improved as my braking was more precise and consistent. I also got myself a button box from BBJ which is also a very welcome addition for the money it costs.

Next plan for me is converting my old GTE rim into a DTM style using something from 3drap .

Edited to say that I have ordered some Sparco Meca 3 mechanics gloves from Demon Tweeks so my hands don’t damage the Alcantara so quickly. They are a good compromise as they aren’t as big as full race gloves.
    Last edited by Cholton82; 31-12-2018 at 10:29.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Yeah, everybody seems to say that the pedals make the biggest difference for laptimes, which is understandable. I'll start with the conical brake mod, then sometime in the future look at load cell.
    I've read different opinions about the alcantera. Some say it's no problem not wearing gloves, other say they need gloves. Maybe depends on how much you sweat, and how much/long you play? Anyway, thanks for the glove tip.
    I've actually built my own buttonbox, forum thread here. Mucho fun!
    Last edited by Maskmagog; 31-12-2018 at 14:08. Reason: spelling

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Maskmagog View Post
    Yeah, everybody seems to say that the pedals make the biggest difference for laptimes, which is understandable. I'll start with the conical brake mod, then sometime in the future look at load cell.
    I've read different opinions about the alcantera. Some say it's no problem not wearing gloves, other say they need gloves. Maybe depends on how much you sweat, and how much/long you play? Anyway, thanks for the glove tip.
    I've actually built my own buttonbox, forum thread here. Mucho fun!
    Wow just seen your button box , hats off to you for that .
    I’ll be honest just reading about it confuses me so better that I just buy one.

Regarding the Alcantara , My previous experience with an Alcantara wheel on a car that I used for track days was that I didn’t use gloves for a while and noticed discolouration from wear and sweaty palms.
    I don’t sweat really when sim racing but for the cost of them I thought I’d get some .