Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fanatec CSL Elite and Clubsport V3 pedals do NOT WORK with Project Cars 2

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Fanatec CSL Elite and Clubsport V3 pedals do NOT WORK with Project Cars 2

Neither my wheel or pedals are detected in project cars 2. I have a Fanatec CSL Elite wheel and Fanatec Clubsport V3 pedals.

I cannot imagine my shifters and brakes will be detected if my wheel and pedals don't work, so I'll post those later.

Any help? Got the SIM and it doesn't support my wheel or pedals.

WMD Member
    It should do. Are they being picked up when you go into the controls menu and it shows you a picture of your wheel base? You'll need to go into edit controls and assign the inputs for your steering, throttle, brakes, clutch before you can calibrate them.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mobo: Gigabyte X79-UD3 (F16) | CPU: Intel i7 4930k @ 4.3Ghz + Corsair H100| RAM: G Skill Ripjaws 16Gb DDR3 @ 1600Mhz | Audio: Creative X-Fi Titanium
    GPU: Reference Nvidia GTX 1080 with EVGA hybrid kit | | Disks: 128GB+260GB SSD (O/S and game installs), 1TB HDD (storage)| PSU: Corsair AX850W | O/S: Win 10 Home 64bit
    Input: Fanatec CSW v2 (fw176/driver 250) with Porsche 918 rim, CSP v3, CSS SQ + CSH | Display: 3x Asus VE278Q + Rift CV1 | Sound: Sennhieser PC360 Headphones

In game settings: Rift - mainly low/medium settings, high car/texture details, DS2M | Monitor - mainly high everything | Launcher Options - dx11mt

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiggy Wigginz View Post
    Neither my wheel or pedals are detected in project cars 2. I have a Fanatec CSL Elite wheel and Fanatec Clubsport V3 pedals.

I cannot imagine my shifters and brakes will be detected if my wheel and pedals don't work, so I'll post those later.

It totally should work. I had the same config and it worked flawlessly.
    Are you on PC? Just wanting to make sure that you aren't on PS4 with a Xbox certified CSL Elite base.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted SOLD / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro

Platform
    PC
    I have that wheel and those pedals and they work great for me.

Does the fanatec program "see" the wheel and pedals in windows before you run PC2?
    Steam name: z1nonly YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Z1NONLY/featured Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/z1nonly172
    5800X / RTX 3080 Ti / 32gb DDR4 @3600 C15 / HP Reverb Pro / GTA-F racing simulator / Fanatec CSL Elite-P1 / CS V3 pedals / CS Shifter SQ V 1.5

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
    It totally should work. I had the same config and it worked flawlessly.
    Are you on PC? Just wanting to make sure that you aren't on PS4 with a Xbox certified CSL Elite base.
    Yes. PC.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Fanatec CSL Elite and V3 pedals absolutely will work with this game.

Make sure the base is in PC mode for starters. Make sure you have initially installed the correct firmware per the INSTRUCTIONS.

To test, open your Fanatec software on your PC and test to make sure you have everything connected and functioning correctly. This will show correct wheel movement, pedals, shifter etc etc. If the Fanatec software is not showing this is operational, something is not connected correctly. When you first plugged in your Fanatec stuff your PC should have detected it. If it did not, then you need to troubleshoot why.

Once the Fanatec software shows it working properly, then boot up Pcars2, make sure the Correct wheel is selected in the controls menu. Then calibrate the wheel, pedals etc....

Its not the game, its something within the connection setup
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiggy Wigginz View Post

Hi Squiggy Wigginz, I would like to help you, but I noticed that you also asked about this in April 2018, where you explained that the hardware was working in all other sims, so if that is still the case, it seems very unlikely that this is something that can be resolved on our side. Fanatec hardware is very well supported by PCARS2.

You could try contacting our support team to see if they have any suggestions, but it sounds like this is an issue with your PC and/or the PCARS2 installation.

Platform
    PC
    did you try to delete default.controllersettings.v1.03.sav file in \Documents\Project CARS 2\savegame\---some numbers --\project cars 2\profiles ?
    mybe your controller settings file is corrupt and schould be resetted this way
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System ASUS B550 | CPU Ryzen 9-5900x | RAM 32GB DDR4 | GPU RTX2080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base SIMAGIC M10 | Rim TM Sparco, DimSim DIY Rim | Pedals DC-Simracing | Gearshifter VNM V1 | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD HP Reverb / Quest 2 | Motion Next Level Motion V3
    Devil's Core - Drivers Club ( german language )
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/devilscoredriversclub/

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by DomB_Fanatec View Post
    Hi Squiggy Wigginz, I would like to help you, but I noticed that you also asked about this in April 2018, where you explained that the hardware was working in all other sims, so if that is still the case, it seems very unlikely that this is something that can be resolved on our side. Fanatec hardware is very well supported by PCARS2.

You could try contacting our support team to see if they have any suggestions, but it sounds like this is an issue with your PC and/or the PCARS2 installation.
    Everything is updated and working properly but the PC2 configuration menu is not recognizing the wheel at all. My computer specs are beastly btw and have no problem running iRacing with my wheel and pedals, only PC2. RE-Installed PC2, re-installed drivers, etc. Everything updated and still, nothing.

Am I missing something???

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by DomB_Fanatec View Post

This is correct. I have had this problem it seems forever and figured I would try and actually get it working and play PC2 since I own it and would like to run the rallycross on it. But it still cannot find my wheel and pedals. It won't let me calibrate either.