Page 209 of 209 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209
Results 2,081 to 2,084 of 2084

Thread: Automobilista 2

The Netherlands, close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Hmm okay, that's going to be a one sim per class business model? I don't think I'm going to be on board. As much of a mess the user experience of rFactor 2 is, at least it's all in one place... As good as ACC is, I haven't started it in quite a while even though I drove GT3's and GT4's in AMS2, PC2(and 3) and Assetto Corsa in the meanwhile.
    "What we tweeted was a factual description of events. No need to speculate on this"
    DD1, Fanatec Universal Hub, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, 3090 iChill x4, 3900X, Samsung 49" G9/Vive, Denon AVC-X3700H

/// MaximusDoriftus(Steam)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    Hmm okay, that's going to be a one sim per class business model? I don't think I'm going to be on board. As much of a mess the user experience of rFactor 2 is, at least it's all in one place... As good as ACC is, I haven't started it in quite a while even though I drove GT3's and GT4's in AMS2, PC2(and 3) and Assetto Corsa in the meanwhile.
    That's one thing I do really appreciate about AMS2, they try to ensure each class (where appropriate) has a nice bit of variety to choose from.
    Project Cars 3 Content List: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...and-Discussion
    Xbox: tankbuster621 Steam: Tank621 Playstation: Tankbuster621

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by FS7 View Post
    There's a WEC game expected to be released in 2023:
    https://www.racedepartment.com/news/...d-in-2023.112/

I haven't tried multiclass races in AMS2 yet but there are some interesting classes with the prototypes & GTs.
    Multicast racing in AMS2 is really pretty good, they pass with little hesitation and time loss during the race, qualifying and practice on the other hand they get held up quite a bit. Still promising advances from where they came from.
    GPU:Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC/CPU:Intel i7 7700K@ 5.1GHz/Cooler:Noctua NH-u14s/Mobo:Asrock z170 Extreme4/RAM:16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/PSU: CM V750/Storage: 4TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/Case:Storm Enforcer/OS:Win 10/Display: AOC 27G2 144Hz Triples /Rig:GT Ultimate-Zero Flex Mods/Wheel:Fanatec CSW v2/McLaren V2 rim/CS Universal Hub - 320mm Momo rim/Shifter:CSS SQ1.5/Pedals:Clubsport/ Steam:2ndLastJedi
    The following 2 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    Direct from Renato himself on the Beta forum @1:18am Brisbane time

"Alright folks, some long overdue feedback on Multiplayer and what is being done about it in the coming months - feel free to share this outside with your respective communities if your find it worthwhile

Firstly a little background info for the sake of perspective on our development approach so far, and how it has impacted progress on the multiplayer side of things - from the beginning we decided to focus more single player / offline gameplay development, in part because that is where we felt more work was needed to be done to stack up with where we had left things off in AMS1, in part because we felt this is where AMS2 could offer a better USP as there are already a few strong multiplayer-driven sims out there, and less quality options for single player which still make up the core of our user base; more significantly, our assumption to begin with was that AMS2 Multiplayer generally would be sturdy enough at least for league racing and casual open servers, since for the most part Multiplayer / netcode in AMS2 is the same from Project Cars 2 which by and large seemed suitable for those purposes to that gameīs considerably larger userbase; this proved mistaken to an extent in part because of the demands of our core audience being somewhat different, in part because we are not quite offering everything that PC2 did offer yet, and in part because we self-inflicted a few issues along the way.

While the point about the value of focusing on single player remain valid, itīs a fact Multiplayer has not proved as sturdy as we predicted - unfortunately there was only so much that could be done in this time, as even for a small development team like ourselves the general development direction can be more cruise ship, less speedboat to steer midway once youīre commited in a certain direction (even if we did fast-track addressing of various multiplayer-specific issues along the way - itīs certainly not been left uncatered).

I also tend to believe that since sim racing multiplayer is inherently unreliable even with the best multiplayer-driven sim with the best netcode due to various networking issues on server or client side that can strike at any time, issues that are not uncommon generally gets chucked out to AMS2 being bad and having bad multiplayer - a bit of a common trend among a subset of sim racers if we are being fair We do afterall run multiplayer tests here in Beta every week and despite it not being on the best of servers and occasionally being struck by issues from new untested developments and/or content, I donīt think it turns out quite as tragic as it gets made out to be here - which actually doesnīt help us as itīs hard to fix what we canīt regularly reproduce ourselves.

The fact we canīt reproduce them however does not mean there arenīt software-based issues that require more attention from us, and we do still have a sizeable QoL / QA to-do list on this front that could use a bigger chunk of development time at this point, so with all that into consideration this is what you may expect from us moving forward:

Continued focus on solving general reliability issues - This has already been the case in recent weeks, with a number of CTD sources being tracked and rectified in the latest updates - the numbers being reported on Bugsplat are quite reasonable now, and the sources are very spread out. Still we want to further ensure reliability and solving persisting issues will remain priority.

Bigger chunk of Multiplayer-focused development time - QoL developments like grid editing, more and better laid out UI session information, better broadcasting tools, in-game host controls and addressing glitches from ICM settings are all in the short term agenda.

More regular Multiplayer testing - Starting in August weīll be running regular Multiplayer tests with AMS2 Beta every Tuesdays and Thursdays, with bigger developer participation and more interaction with users in order to collect more info from eventual issues and produce minor netcode adjustments.

These should hopefully lead to more progress being made on Multiplayer more quickly in the coming weeks and months, and provide us a stable enough platform to introduce the multi rating system along with scheduled races on the main game.

Whether this will be to everyoneīs satisfaction I hesitate to make any promises on - ultimately every game will have its strengths and weaknesses, and it may well be that Multiplayer isnīt where AMS2 will shine brighter when all is said and done. That does not have to mean it canīt be a more solid experience then it is at this point, and to help ensure that we get to that point your continuous detailed and objective feedback in this topic (including details on servers specs, number of clients, settings and content used when struck by any issue), submitting of Bugsplat reports when being struck by a CTD, along with regular participation of our Beta Multi tests will all be most helpful."
    GPU:Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC/CPU:Intel i7 7700K@ 5.1GHz/Cooler:Noctua NH-u14s/Mobo:Asrock z170 Extreme4/RAM:16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/PSU: CM V750/Storage: 4TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/Case:Storm Enforcer/OS:Win 10/Display: AOC 27G2 144Hz Triples /Rig:GT Ultimate-Zero Flex Mods/Wheel:Fanatec CSW v2/McLaren V2 rim/CS Universal Hub - 320mm Momo rim/Shifter:CSS SQ1.5/Pedals:Clubsport/ Steam:2ndLastJedi
    The following 7 users likes this Post: Asturbo, Charger, FS7, John Hargreaves, Olijke Poffer, PostBox981, Tank621