Page 160 of 162 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162 LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1614

Thread: Automobilista 2

  1. #1591
    Moderator GTsimms's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,532
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinz View Post
    I haven't spent a lot of time in AMS2 lately, but since I first tried it, I have felt like vehicle behavior has been realistic, yet slightly exaggerated. -Like cars respond they way they are supposed to, but each response is "turned up a notch" more than what I would expect. The updates that improve the handling seem to be subtle adjustments in the less-exaggerated direction.
    I might have to post a video. But, coming out of the pits. I shouldn't be completely missing Turn 1 at VIR running off into the grass not slowing down into the barrier. If, that's reality! I would be dead in a police unit after sitting on the side of the road in cold weather then running upto speeds of 120+ mph (speeders) and braking hard (standard rotors and brakes on the vehicle).
    PC 3 Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)
    Monitor LG 29" Ultrawide 2560x1080
    Steam, Origin, Uplay, and Epic (GTsimms)

    Primary Fanatec: CSW 2.5, V3 Pedals w/performance kit, R330 and Formula V2 w/APMs, Handbrake v.1.5, and button caps
    Secondary Wheels: T300 w/T3PA Pro (Sparco Rally and F1), T150, CSR, & GT3 RS V2 w/CSR pedals

    Other wheels used in the past Logitech G25, DFGT, MOMO, and Driving Force (GT3 A-Spec).

  2. #1592
    GT3 Pilot
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    4,630
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GTsimms View Post
    I might have to post a video. But, coming out of the pits. I shouldn't be completely missing Turn 1 at VIR running off into the grass not slowing down into the barrier. If, that's reality! I would be dead in a police unit after sitting on the side of the road in cold weather then running upto speeds of 120+ mph (speeders) and braking hard (standard rotors and brakes on the vehicle).
    That's a very tight corner, how fast were you turning through it? I just tried even at 80km/h (50mph) and had no problems, just after coming out of the pits.
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves


  3. #1593
    WMD Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    519
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by David Wright View Post
    I don't understand this. If you overtake the AI surely it means you are faster than they are. If you are faster than they are, why would you expect them to take back their position unless you slow down? If you are almost a second a lap quicker than them, how can they try to overtake you?
    Basic racing; Simply because I'm not faster than them in every turn.

    I do understand that part of this AMS2's problem of 'AI losing pace after they have been overtaken' is also partly imaginary; They tend to bunch up and are hard to overtake when they act as a three cars wide roadblock fighting between themselves. When the skill level is not correct and the player is a second or two faster than them, one doesn't get good racing lines until all of them have been passed. After the last one is through, player becomes so much faster that it looks like that they are giving up fighting. I checked this few times after the race from the lap times, and indeed they had just been very slow. It just didn't feel like it until I got back my racing lines.

    So the fix is to increase skill level.

    Still one issue is that AI is uneven throughout the track and also in-between tracks. I understand that this is something that will get fixed in time if Reiza does better job at spotting and tuning them out in coming years compared to SMS.

    For correct AI skill level one good pointer on per track basis seems to be that if you constantly win a hairpin outro and following straight just by pure power, skill level needs to be higher. It is not a surefire method, as part of this may also be because of bad gearing on AI's part.
    Intel i9-9900K | Asus Z390-H mobo | 32 GB 2400 MHz mem | nVidia RTX-3090 | Soundblaster ZxR | TS-PC Racer wheel | TH8A H-shifter | Valve Index | Win10 64bit | Launch parameters: -pthreads 4

  4. #1594
    GT3 Pilot Haiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    4,424
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by David Wright View Post
    I don't understand this. If you overtake the AI surely it means you are faster than they are. If you are faster than they are, why would you expect them to take back their position unless you slow down? If you are almost a second a lap quicker than them, how can they try to overtake you?
    This oversimplifies the issue. How many times have you passed a player in MP, and then been forced to defend hard for the next few laps, because they are still on you? You see this all the time in real racing. It makes zero sense in AMS2 when the AI around me qualified within a few tenths of my pace, or faster, like when I'm starting 6th. And then I watch 1-5 pull away from 7th on and I'm pushing hard to keep up with them. Then, after battling for a few laps to overtake P5, I watch this car that had previously had the pace to pull away from the pack, suddenly just give up and fall back, allowing 7th on to catch up and now a car that was P5 is suddenly lost pace, dropped to P6, and now leads the procession fading into the distance in my mirrors.

    That is not realistic, nor does it make for good racing. It basically just becomes an overtake simulator, because you never have to defend unless you make an error and allow the rear to catch up. I don't recall the AI in AMS1 being like this. I haven't played ACC single player in a while, but I think the AI, while not being very good at attacking and overtaking, at least didn't fall back like this, so if you did make even a small error, they would be able to retake position. RRE has aggressive AI, but they stay close and are always ready to go for a gap. In AMS2, after a few laps, the AI is so far back, that I I've actually spun, and was still able to hold position. And the thing is... It wasn't like this before. The AI issue only crept in during the last few updates.
    PC: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero| Intel I7-9700K 4.7 GHz | 32GB Ripjaws V Series | RTX 2080 Super, 8GB | Cooler Master Hyper 212 CPU Air Cooler | 1 TB Samsung Evo SSD x 2
    Rig: Accuforce V2, HE Sprint Pedals, SimLab GT1 | Alienware 34" Curved | Turn R20 U-Hub Combo, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR | CSS SQ | Oculus CV1 | BK LFE Mini x 2

    Steam ID: Haiden773

  5. #1595
    Moderator GTsimms's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,532
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiden View Post
    This oversimplifies the issue. How many times have you passed a player in MP, and then been forced to defend hard for the next few laps, because they are still on you? You see this all the time in real racing. It makes zero sense in AMS2 when the AI around me qualified within a few tenths of my pace, or faster, like when I'm starting 6th. And then I watch 1-5 pull away from 7th on and I'm pushing hard to keep up with them. Then, after battling for a few laps to overtake P5, I watch this car that had previously had the pace to pull away from the pack, suddenly just give up and fall back, allowing 7th on to catch up and now a car that was P5 is suddenly lost pace, dropped to P6, and now leads the procession fading into the distance in my mirrors.

    That is not realistic, nor does it make for good racing. It basically just becomes an overtake simulator, because you never have to defend unless you make an error and allow the rear to catch up. I don't recall the AI in AMS1 being like this. I haven't played ACC single player in a while, but I think the AI, while not being very good at attacking and overtaking, at least didn't fall back like this, so if you did make even a small error, they would be able to retake position. RRE has aggressive AI, but they stay close and are always ready to go for a gap. In AMS2, after a few laps, the AI is so far back, that I I've actually spun, and was still able to hold position. And the thing is... It wasn't like this before. The AI issue only crept in during the last few updates.
    That's the issue in PC3 that I have noticed at Indy Oval. They can be hard, but once you pass them a certain distance. It's like they just quit.
    PC 3 Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)
    Monitor LG 29" Ultrawide 2560x1080
    Steam, Origin, Uplay, and Epic (GTsimms)

    Primary Fanatec: CSW 2.5, V3 Pedals w/performance kit, R330 and Formula V2 w/APMs, Handbrake v.1.5, and button caps
    Secondary Wheels: T300 w/T3PA Pro (Sparco Rally and F1), T150, CSR, & GT3 RS V2 w/CSR pedals

    Other wheels used in the past Logitech G25, DFGT, MOMO, and Driving Force (GT3 A-Spec).
    The following user likes this Post: Haiden


  6. #1596
    Moderator GTsimms's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,532
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    That's a very tight corner, how fast were you turning through it? I just tried even at 80km/h (50mph) and had no problems, just after coming out of the pits.
    The problem was not being able to make the turn. I am having issues getting the car to slow down under braking in the straight and running straight off the track.

    I generally make 1609 kph / 1000 mph coming out of the pits into Turn 1. I hit the warp drive boost button. I will delete everything and try again. Maybe something's off.
    Last edited by GTsimms; 17-01-2021 at 17:51.
    PC 3 Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)
    Monitor LG 29" Ultrawide 2560x1080
    Steam, Origin, Uplay, and Epic (GTsimms)

    Primary Fanatec: CSW 2.5, V3 Pedals w/performance kit, R330 and Formula V2 w/APMs, Handbrake v.1.5, and button caps
    Secondary Wheels: T300 w/T3PA Pro (Sparco Rally and F1), T150, CSR, & GT3 RS V2 w/CSR pedals

    Other wheels used in the past Logitech G25, DFGT, MOMO, and Driving Force (GT3 A-Spec).

  7. #1597
    GT3 Pilot
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    4,630
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GTsimms View Post
    The problem was not being able to make the turn. I am having issues getting the car to slow down under braking in the straight and running straight off the track.

    I generally make 1609 kph / 1000 mph coming out of the pits into Turn 1. I hit the warp drive boost button. I will delete everything and try again. Maybe something's off.
    I did a few tests, driving the Camaro with cold tires from the pits, it brakes from 100mph to 0 in around 150 meters. After warning them up for one lap, it takes around 110 meters. The tires used according to the setup are the Pirelli P-Zero Trofeo R. I do not know exactly which model the Camaro is and what is the expected braking performance with this power, and I have never used such tires myself, but I checked in the Pirelli site and it suggests that the tires must be indeed warmed up (it suggests 15 miles warming them up). From what I read in forums (OK, not always reliable), those tires s*ck when cold. Based on that, I guess the in-game behavior is realistic enough, although I can't be sure, just with such very quick research.
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves


  8. #1598
    WMD Member John Hargreaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    3,025
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    I did a few tests, driving the Camaro with cold tires from the pits, it brakes from 100mph to 0 in around 150 meters. After warning them up for one lap, it takes around 110 meters. The tires used according to the setup are the Pirelli P-Zero Trofeo R. I do not know exactly which model the Camaro is and what is the expected braking performance with this power, and I have never used such tires myself, but I checked in the Pirelli site and it suggests that the tires must be indeed warmed up (it suggests 15 miles warming them up). From what I read in forums (OK, not always reliable), those tires s*ck when cold. Based on that, I guess the in-game behavior is realistic enough, although I can't be sure, just with such very quick research.
    I think it's this one
    https://www.chevrolet.com/camaro-lif...-sports-car/ss

    This is the one that GTSimms would have caught
    https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...ing-at-171-mph
    i7-7700K/MSI RTX 3080/Win10 64bit/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/HP Reverb G2/Fanatec CSL wheel + Clubsport V3 pedals/DSD P2 button box

    WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem


  9. #1599
    Moderator GTsimms's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,532
    Platform
    PC
    I just tried after updating. I will stick to using some of the other vehicles. The Street CARS need a definite brake adjustment. They are taking too long to slow down. I like driving and not having to cautiously tip toe a vehicle around a track which in reality it will be easier to drive.
    PC 3 Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)
    Monitor LG 29" Ultrawide 2560x1080
    Steam, Origin, Uplay, and Epic (GTsimms)

    Primary Fanatec: CSW 2.5, V3 Pedals w/performance kit, R330 and Formula V2 w/APMs, Handbrake v.1.5, and button caps
    Secondary Wheels: T300 w/T3PA Pro (Sparco Rally and F1), T150, CSR, & GT3 RS V2 w/CSR pedals

    Other wheels used in the past Logitech G25, DFGT, MOMO, and Driving Force (GT3 A-Spec).

  10. #1600
    GT3 Pilot
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    4,630
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GTsimms View Post
    I just tried after updating. I will stick to using some of the other vehicles. The Street CARS need a definite brake adjustment. They are taking too long to slow down. I like driving and not having to cautiously tip toe a vehicle around a track which in reality it will be easier to drive.
    My tests above seem to indicate that game matches reality. Brake distance seems to be realistic enough. And I did not tip toe for braking at all, just stomped the brakes with cold tires and there was no problem. Please make the same tests yourself, in what sense do you find the behavior to be wrong?

Similar Threads

  1. Automobilista Discussion
    By MillsLayne in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 413
    Last Post: 09-09-2019, 07:40
  2. Reiza Studios-Automobilista-Copyright Issue !
    By Darren O'Brien in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-04-2016, 07:20

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •