Page 167 of 209 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 2083

Thread: Automobilista 2

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    The problem isn't really that one sim gets compared to another, the discussion is always about "real to life physics".
    Everyone has his own definition to what a game needs to be in order to call it a sim...
    It's not (like it is now) about how you THINK a car should drive in a game, or how you THINK it drives irl.
    Because of that, impressions of real life racers often get put aside.
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

DIY rig walk-through :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Charger, Olijke Poffer

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    About real vs sim car behavior and what is easier or more difficult than the other, just came across this. A guy who has actually raced this specific car (in the exact same colors ) and saying he probably wouldn't be able to make the save he did in the "more difficult than life" sim if it was in actual real life (@19:55):

http://youtu.be/47kmgecp37E?t=1195

The Netherlands, close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    About real vs sim car behavior and what is easier or more difficult than the other, just came across this. A guy who has actually raced this specific car (in the exact same colors ) and saying he probably wouldn't be able to make the save he did in the "more difficult than life" sim if it was in actual real life (@19:55):

The slide being in a downhill section(which makes cars more oversteery) he's probably right. Uphill would be the reverse. It's also a part of car physics some people tend to forget.
    "What we tweeted was a factual description of events. No need to speculate on this"
    DD1, Fanatec Universal Hub, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, 3090 iChill x4, 3900X, Samsung 49" G9/Vive, Denon AVC-X3700H

/// MaximusDoriftus(Steam)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post

It's funny as we are doing those on the current Friday nights, great fun, but also we have a real life British GT4 driver that races with us James Kell, was in Toyota last year but is in McLaren 570S GT4 this year and I was talking to him about ACC and he reckons they have done a good job with it but he started out in Ginettas so will have to see if we can get him in one to try out in AMS2
    'Racers Without Borders'
    http://rwbracing.club/
    https://www.rwbracing.club/events/
    Discord rwbracing.club/discord
    Commodore 64, 64K RAM, Tape Drive, Grundig TV. Overclocked ;-)
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Platform
    XBOX1
    The question is whether that Ginetta would be sliding IRL in that situation in the first place. So, if it wouldn't slide in a real race situation but does so in AMS2 and you catch it, it's much better than not being able to catch a slide that wouldn't happen IRL imho.
    The whole realism discussion has become absurd and totally disconnected from reality. Realism does not relate to your favourite sim and its physics, the reference is always RL. There's zillions of hours of onboard footage that shows that race cars drive much better in RL, so the evidence shows that difficult=realistic is plain false, and yet people are still trapped in this kind of thinking.

Maybe people should just stop using the word 'realistic'. Why do people call ACC sounds realistic when so many cars are completely inaccurate? The AMG GT4 and the Vantage GT4 share the identical engine sound, the exact same sound the Vantage V8 GT3 has, which is also completely off btw. AMG provided Aston Martin with their 4l V8 TT but they do not sound the same. Pretty sure there are reasons for such a mess that might be out of Kunos' hands, but don't call it realistic. The Bentley does bring no thunder, the Audi is off and so is the Porsche. You might like the sounds, but that doesn't make them realistic. If the real Maserati GT4 would drive like it does in ACC, racing drivers would actually call the FBI immediately.
    Realistic=realistic
    Last edited by rich1e I; 10-05-2021 at 15:56.
    The following user likes this Post: MaximusN

Platform
    PC
    Every racing title out there has something it does very well. Unfortunately, we aren't to the point yet where one single title does everything great. We are getting closer to that point as the difference in physics is becoming smaller between different developers.

Aside from the adjustments for how the tire tread handle curb textures (and it could have been just a texture change on the curb), I don't find AMS2 enjoyable. I fire it up after every update or so but just continue to become underwhelmed with the title. I bought it to support Reiza and I hope they continue to improve on their title, but it's one of the last titles I look to mess around with when I have available time.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 4 users likes this Post: bporion, cluck, GTsimms, Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Every racing title out there has something it does very well. Unfortunately, we aren't to the point yet where one single title does everything great. We are getting closer to that point as the difference in physics is becoming smaller between different developers.

Aside from the adjustments for how the tire tread handle curb textures (and it could have been just a texture change on the curb), I don't find AMS2 enjoyable. I fire it up after every update or so but just continue to become underwhelmed with the title. I bought it to support Reiza and I hope they continue to improve on their title, but it's one of the last titles I look to mess around with when I have available time.
    I feel the same about AMS2, it feels underwhelming to me. I bought it to support Reiza myself. I really want to get the DLC, but the game progress at this point turns me away.
    PC Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)
    Monitor LG 29" Ultrawide 2560x1080
    Steam, Origin, Uplay, and Epic (GTsimms)

Primary Fanatec: CSW 2.5, V3 Pedals w/performance kit, R300 w/CSL hub, R330 w/Xbox hub & APMs and Formula V2 w/APMs, Handbrake v.1.5, and button caps
    Secondary Wheels: T300 w/T3PA Pro (Sparco Rally and F1), T150 (2x), CSR, & GT3 RS V2 w/CSR pedals

Other wheels used in the past Logitech G25, DFGT (3x), MOMO, and Driving Force (GT3 A-Spec).
    The following user likes this Post: bporion

Platform
    PC
    Don't tell anyone.....but this is a driver driving his actual car from real life in AMS2
    https://youtu.be/47kmgecp37E

Doesn't really fit the narrative from the folk here but.....

facts vs feelings and all.
    Last edited by BigDad; 11-05-2021 at 01:08.
    GPU:Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC/CPU:Intel i7 7700K@ 5.1GHz/Cooler:Noctua NH-u14s/Mobo:Asrock z170 Extreme4/RAM:16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/PSU: CM V750/Storage: 4TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/Case:Storm Enforcer/OS:Win 10/Display: AOC 27G2 144Hz Triples /Rig:GT Ultimate-Zero Flex Mods/Wheel:Fanatec CSW v2/McLaren V2 rim/CS Universal Hub - 320mm Momo rim/Shifter:CSS SQ1.5/Pedals:Clubsport/ Steam:2ndLastJedi
    The following 2 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, roddypoddy

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    Don't tell anyone.....but this is a driver driving his actual car from real life in AMS2

Doesn't really fit the narrative from the folk here but.....

facts vs feelings and all.
    Please, I know you are frustrated and all over the debacle of the last few days. But this doesn't help. All this looks like is you trying to start a fight.

Once upon a time, we used to try to avoid and contain these 'my sim is better than yours discussions' and we accepted people enjoyed each one for their own reasons. I said a similar thing on the Dovetail Games Train Simulator forums recently:

We each have the choice to pick the game we, as individuals, enjoy most. Pitting one against the other to prove which is the 'better' game or the more 'accurate' simulator does little besides sowing the seeds of resentment within the community. We should simply enjoy what we enjoy, and respect the same of other people. The debate over which is better and why has no answer, they are simply different approaches to the same end.

To put it simply, we are all here to enjoy [sim racing], we all share that and we should celebrate it. 'My game is better than your game' gets us nowhere.
    That goes for everyone really, as people on all sides of the discussion in that thread have gotten out of hand.
    Project Cars 3 Content List: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...and-Discussion
    Xbox: tankbuster621 Steam: Tank621 Playstation: Tankbuster621
    The following 4 users likes this Post: cluck, Konan, Sankyo, Zaskarspants

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    The problem isn't really that one sim gets compared to another, the discussion is always about "real to life physics".
    Everyone has his own definition to what a game needs to be in order to call it a sim...
    It's not (like it is now) about how you THINK a car should drive in a game, or how you THINK it drives irl.
    Because of that, impressions of real life racers often get put aside.
    Oh I dunno about that Konan, there are some proper hardcore F..boys out there, the iRacing crowd are in full force, every sim is s..t compared to that according to them and if you don't want to race it then you must be poor or are crap at driving is what they say, I like all sims but I also like to pay for them once not twice!
    'Racers Without Borders'
    http://rwbracing.club/
    https://www.rwbracing.club/events/
    Discord rwbracing.club/discord
    Commodore 64, 64K RAM, Tape Drive, Grundig TV. Overclocked ;-)
    The following user likes this Post: Konan