Page 166 of 211 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 2108

Thread: Automobilista 2

Platform
    XBOX1
    It was clear that the idea that grip is aRcAdE wouldn't disappear, some parts of the internet will never get the memo. There must be a problem with their definition of 'realistic', because any onboard in any motorsport shows what happens IRL. When iRacing folks go to the Fanatec GT World Challenge stream and call ACC 'Mario Kart', I must say, I have no words. Peak toxicity. Several racing drivers made pretty clear what they think of iRacing physics. People still think Richard Burns Rally is the king of gravel physics, a 15 years old game.

I've had quite some seat time in ACC and I think Kunos could've been braver. The handling is good but the lack of stability on the limit still is some serious BS. I say 'braver' because I think they fear more 'Mario Kart' comments from the dark side of the 'sim racing community' (if there is such thing).

Edit:
    Here's a lap with Kevin Estre in a 911 GT3 RS. It's a special MR setup but still a road car.
    - 'How fast do you think can you get through Flugplatz or Schwedenkreuz?'
    - 'Yes!'

Last edited by rich1e I; 09-05-2021 at 22:29.
    The following user likes this Post: MaximusN

The Netherlands, close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    Anyone that has tried PC2 and AMS2 back to back on a DD wheel can say that they are 2 completely different sims, I get no intuitive FFB from PC2 at all, with AMS2 everything feels connected, take the Ginetta G40 out for a spin, that car is so much fun to drive on the limit and be able to control it on the limit it's insane!
    Well then I'm no one If anything I think AMS2 is slightly worse(both running custom FFB). But both communicate pretty well.
    Last edited by MaximusN; 09-05-2021 at 15:08.
    "What we tweeted was a factual description of events. No need to speculate on this"
    DD1, Fanatec Universal Hub, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, 3090 iChill x4, 3900X, Samsung 49" G9/Vive, Denon AVC-X3700H

/// MaximusDoriftus(Steam)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    Well then I'm no one If anything I think AMS2 is slightly worse(both running custom FFB). But both communicate pretty well.
    You know it's weird because in PC2 I spent a lot and I mean a LOT of time tweaking the FFB on a DD wheel and it just never got there, couple of cars did though to be fair but that was out of hundreds, it just didn't carry across the whole range, AMS2 at the start was a bit shaky but now the out of the box FFB set up with no custom FFB only default is sublime, maybe it's different wheels reacting differently, I have an Accuforce, I did get to try PC2 on my old T500 which was awful on PC2 and I expected the AF to be a lot better and it just wasn't, I have over 1200 hours in PC2 so not saying at the time it was bad but it wasn't great, I have over 1300 in PC1 and thought that felt better but didn't get to try it on the AF.

Maybe I will fire both up again and do a back to back comparison for my own mind!
    'Racers Without Borders'
    http://rwbracing.club/
    https://www.rwbracing.club/events/
    Discord rwbracing.club/discord
    Commodore 64, 64K RAM, Tape Drive, Grundig TV. Overclocked ;-)

The Netherlands, close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    If I'm not mistaken I use Project Silver FFB for both. So you might give that atry for PC2. Might not be a good plan if you like the AMS2 default FFB. But could it be down to you liking seat of pants FFB(like Jack Spade's?)? Because that's not what I want to feel in my wheel... Only in my motion rig(if ever)
    "What we tweeted was a factual description of events. No need to speculate on this"
    DD1, Fanatec Universal Hub, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, 3090 iChill x4, 3900X, Samsung 49" G9/Vive, Denon AVC-X3700H

/// MaximusDoriftus(Steam)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    If I'm not mistaken I use Project Silver FFB for both. So you might give that atry for PC2. Might not be a good plan if you like the AMS2 default FFB. But could it be down to you liking seat of pants FFB(like Jack Spade's?)? Because that's not what I want to feel in my wheel... Only in my motion rig(if ever)
    No I don't like SOP on wheel, I have a motion rig for that lol
    'Racers Without Borders'
    The following user likes this Post: satco1066

Platform
    PC
    Please see video description at link
    PC Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)
    Monitor LG 29" Ultrawide 2560x1080
    Steam, Origin, Uplay, and Epic (GTsimms)

Primary Fanatec: CSW 2.5, V3 Pedals w/performance kit, R300 w/CSL hub, R330 w/Xbox hub & APMs and Formula V2 w/APMs, Handbrake v.1.5, and button caps
    Secondary Wheels: T300 w/T3PA Pro (Sparco Rally and F1), T150 (2x), CSR, & GT3 RS V2 w/CSR pedals

Other wheels used in the past Logitech G25, DFGT (3x), MOMO, and Driving Force (GT3 A-Spec).
    The following user likes this Post: MrTulip

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    If only all sim racers loved drifting as much as they do love their sims in general. It puts completely different perspective on how cars can handle in over the peak grip situations. Pcars2 and 3 do this fantastically well, so I always see red when somebody comes and downplays them. What else could I play for drifting with good physics?! (Some AC cars are good I admit.)

Regarding AMS2, I find GT4 cars very tossable, and especially McLaren and Porsche are almost too easy to recover. I'm using default setups.

I'm still not happy with street cars in AMS2; too twitchy and end up in super fast tank slappers too easily. I still suspect that tyre values are off for these, or maybe something in suspension, as it seems impossible to get rid of the phenomenom no matter what suspension settings I use.

I'm fine with that racing setup with very low steering lock and some twitchy Pirelli slick has been mentioned to be particularly difficult to catch past the limit, but generally speaking it shouldn't be too hard to drift with road cars.
    (Yes I can do that in AMS2 but not without getting those sudden split of a second tank slappers at some point during what seemed otherwise completely throttle controllable slide.)
    Intel i9-9900K | Asus Z390-H mobo | 32 GB 2400 MHz mem | nVidia RTX-3090 | Soundblaster ZxR | TS-PC Racer wheel | TH8A H-shifter | Valve Index | Win10 64bit | Launch parameters: -pthreads 4

Platform
    PC
    I think it just boils down to personal preference with sims and how it feels for YOU personally, you can debate all day with people but if it feels good for one and not for another then no amount of debating will change people's minds.

I like all sims but I rate for ME personally sims like RF2/AMS2/Raceroom feel good and even though I enjoy it to a lesser extent ACC but it has a good package, they all just feel better than PC1/2 not tried 3 and have also not tried iRacing nor will I ever, AC I tried but never got on with it but then again didn't spend much time, to me if a sim feels good out the box and the tweaks I make improve on that then I'm happy, if it feels bad out the box and I have to try and dial that out to make it feel good then I'm wasting time not racing which is what happened with PC2 even though I did persevere but I won't do that again!

Not saying AMS2 is perfect by a long shot (what sim is) but it is constantly evolving at a fast pace now and I am getting to like it and I have some faith in Reiza the way they supported AMS1 for so long.

It's no different to why people buy different cars, what one person enjoys driving may feel horrible to drive by someone else!
    'Racers Without Borders'

Platform
    PC
    The fun is, I do not get all the debates about no sim, no good, not real, only this is a real sim, etc. All the sims/games I played thusfar do feel completely different than when I drive in my own car. Do I care about that fact? Nope not at all. I just have a whole lot of fun racing all the sims/games I have. That is al that matters to me. The bad thing is, I also participate in those debates. Why? I really don’t know. Lol.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.
    The following user likes this Post: bporion

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    I think it just boils down to personal preference with sims and how it feels for YOU personally, you can debate all day with people but if it feels good for one and not for another then no amount of debating will change people's minds.

I like all sims but I rate for ME personally sims like RF2/AMS2/Raceroom feel good and even though I enjoy it to a lesser extent ACC but it has a good package, they all just feel better than PC1/2 not tried 3 and have also not tried iRacing nor will I ever, AC I tried but never got on with it but then again didn't spend much time, to me if a sim feels good out the box and the tweaks I make improve on that then I'm happy, if it feels bad out the box and I have to try and dial that out to make it feel good then I'm wasting time not racing which is what happened with PC2 even though I did persevere but I won't do that again!

Not saying AMS2 is perfect by a long shot (what sim is) but it is constantly evolving at a fast pace now and I am getting to like it and I have some faith in Reiza the way they supported AMS1 for so long.

It's no different to why people buy different cars, what one person enjoys driving may feel horrible to drive by someone else!
    Yeah, absolutely agreed and I have the same experience here with my G29 (and DFGT before that). In PCARS2 I find the FFB mostly annoying rather than helpful and ended up using a very very low value for volume (around 10), so it at least does not get in the way, while at the same time giving a tiny bit of information. Never had to do this with any other sim (AC, RRE, rF2, AMS1, ACC) or even simcade games (like Grid or even the two old SMS NFS games) with the same wheel. I was under the impression that with better wheels, FFB also in PCARS2 would be very good, but after reading your post, I am not sure anymore. Anyway, about AMS2, this has gone through a lot of phases in the last year, FFB being awesome for me in the beginning, then meh after some update, then back to awesome, then back to meh. In the last months since when it is stable enough, it is back to awesome for most cars and simply good enough for others. So still not as perfect (but with many bugs) FFB as I had in AMS1, but very close now.

Btw, very nice league you have there with the caterhams and glad to see the race time is moved forward a bit, I may end up making Fridays a non stop AMS2 league marathon
    Last edited by cpcdem; 10-05-2021 at 07:20.
    The following user likes this Post: Charger