Page 177 of 209 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 2083

Thread: Automobilista 2

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    iRacing does have AI now. At least what was introduced was pretty limited (cars and tracks).

I will say, ACC reminds me of the older days of GTR/GTR2. When devs focused on a specific racing discipline and did that one thing very well. As much as I like PC2, not all of the cars had the same amount of love.

I was really hoping AMS2 was going to be more focused around their Brazilian content, but it's getting more diluted as time goes on.
    Tbh, focussing specifically on Brazillian content above all else wouldn't have been the right way to go in my opinion. They would have been limiting the potential of the game sales-wise, Brazillian content is a niche in the sim racing world (a niche in itself) and will only appeal to so many people. A broader focus opens the game to a wider audience and considering Automobilista is one of the "smaller" titles in sim racing I imagine the broad approach is the best thing for Reiza to make the best profit they can.

Perhaps the narrow focus would have delivered a better quality product, but in my mind stifles the potential for the game.
    Project Cars 3 Content List: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...and-Discussion
    Xbox: tankbuster621 Steam: Tank621 Playstation: Tankbuster621
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    I agree about the different classes, but in saying that, a game like TOCA never ever got me bored.
    It all depends on what class you prefer though and how it's executed.
    I only follow F1 for example, but i find the games pretty boring...
    Same, I played the poop out of Toca touring car and it was all I needed at the time....dam these new Sims spoilt me big time.
    GPU:Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC/CPU:Intel i7 7700K@ 5.1GHz/Cooler:Noctua NH-u14s/Mobo:Asrock z170 Extreme4/RAM:16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/PSU: CM V750/Storage: 4TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/Case:Storm Enforcer/OS:Win 10/Display: AOC 27G2 144Hz Triples /Rig:GT Ultimate-Zero Flex Mods/Wheel:Fanatec CSW v2/McLaren V2 rim/CS Universal Hub - 320mm Momo rim/Shifter:CSS SQ1.5/Pedals:Clubsport/ Steam:2ndLastJedi

The Netherlands, close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    It was also the time I bought consoles to finally drive cars I actually like(PS1,PS2,PS3,X360 for GT2-5 and FM5(or was it 4?)). The PC just never had those(done well) with maybe an exception for Porsche Unleashed, but that was a one brand(and not my favorite by a mile) pony. I don't feel that need now anymore. In fact I made a promise to myself to not ever sponsor hardware exclusive title pushers anymore. That was made possible by all those amazing 'diluted' racing games and sims. Of which I guess TDU1 was one of the first. Too bad TDU2 had very very very bad and unbelievable physics. As it stands now non-PC games don't exist for me.

And then there where AC and PC1 Although the Shift series should get some credit too.

Funny thing is someone mentioned the F1 games. Being an F1 fan from like '91 had all of the bigger F1 titles(so the Microprose series-->hiatus-->ISI-->hiatus-->Codemasters), but with the modabilty of the ISI engine(and SCGT before that) I spent more time driving(and making) non-F1 cars than I used the actual cars I paid for. Even now, I own almost all F1 20xx CM titles, but I think I have less than 150 hours in all of them combined. Just checked Steam, it's WAY less(almost embarrassing, so I'll keep it to myself ).
    Last edited by MaximusN; 19-05-2021 at 22:01.
    "What we tweeted was a factual description of events. No need to speculate on this"
    DD1, Fanatec Universal Hub, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, 3090 iChill x4, 3900X, Samsung 49" G9/Vive, Denon AVC-X3700H

/// MaximusDoriftus(Steam)
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank621 View Post
    Tbh, focussing specifically on Brazillian content above all else wouldn't have been the right way to go in my opinion. They would have been limiting the potential of the game sales-wise, Brazillian content is a niche in the sim racing world (a niche in itself) and will only appeal to so many people. A broader focus opens the game to a wider audience and considering Automobilista is one of the "smaller" titles in sim racing I imagine the broad approach is the best thing for Reiza to make the best profit they can.

Perhaps the narrow focus would have delivered a better quality product, but in my mind stifles the potential for the game.
    AMS1 had mostly Brazilian content and it didn't do too bad.

I don't have concerns with non-South American content, but the title is starting to turn into something with more non-South American content than actual South American content which is the series roots. Otherwise, it just turns into another sim racing title with the same cars as all the other sim racing games, with lobbies only hosting GT3 cars.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PC
    AMS1 had mostly Brazilian content and it didn't do too bad.
    Have the game, love(ish) the physics, but the list of cars is it's main weak point. IMHO of course. AMS2 doesn't have this problem and with every added car it's racing towards being my single top sim(IMHO again).

Now if it where to have modding(which is a big pro for 1 I forgot) it would already beat everything else, but I know that's not going to happen.

And about that schizophrenic car list how is it so much different from PC1/2/3? It's the main attractor for me, AND the biggest reason to join WMD in the first place(and yes I was an AMS2 backer too and it's worth it's money already).
    Last edited by MaximusN; 19-05-2021 at 22:21.
    "What we tweeted was a factual description of events. No need to speculate on this"
    DD1, Fanatec Universal Hub, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, 3090 iChill x4, 3900X, Samsung 49" G9/Vive, Denon AVC-X3700H

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    Have the game, love(ish) the physics, but the list of cars is it's main weak point. IMHO of course. AMS2 doesn't have this problem and with every added car it's racing towards being my single top sim(IMHO again).
    I have many reasons to dislike AMS2. Car/track selection, isn't one of them.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following user likes this Post: GTsimms

Platform
    PC
    I have many reasons to dislike AMS2. Car/track selection, isn't one of them.
    You're entitled to your opinion of course, but to me it's PC2-The extended support edition. I don't know how to not love it.

And correct me if I'm wrong but you me it sounds like you say not focusing on obscure South-American cars/tracks is maybe not the way to go. I do agree about GT3's of course, I still remember reading the announcement.
    Last edited by MaximusN; 19-05-2021 at 22:29.

Platform
    PC
    And correct me if I'm wrong but you me it sounds like you say not focusing on obscure South-American cars/tracks is maybe not the way to go. I do agree about GT3's of course, I still remember reading the announcement.
    I'm not sure how to read that... There are two ways you can go:

1. Build the title you want, and see if they will come.
    2. Build the title everyone is already playing, and see if they will come.

One will get you more numbers, no doubt. However, if they are only coming for the content that you didn't intend to provide (i.e. you only did it because it was popular), then you steer further away from your own goals.

It not unlike singers who come out with an album that is based off an image the record company believes will sell albums. However, the artist is nothing like the actual image being portrayed (and then their music is much different after they leave said record company).

Sure, these additions will bring more sales. However, it does dilute the Brazilian content that started Reiza as a studio. Whether that is a good or bad thing, really just depends on Reiza's goals as a company. We consumers don't have that visibility.

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PC
    I'm not sure how to read that... There are two ways you can go:

1. Build the title you want, and see if they will come.
    2. Build the title everyone is already playing, and see if they will come.

One will get you more numbers, no doubt. However, if they are only coming for the content that you didn't intend to provide (i.e. you only did it because it was popular), then you steer further away from your own goals.

It not unlike singers who come out with an album that is based off an image the record company believes will sell albums. However, the artist is nothing like the actual image being portrayed (and then their music is much different after they leave said record company).

Sure, these additions will bring more sales. However, it does dilute the Brazilian content that started Reiza as a studio. Whether that is a good or bad thing, really just depends on Reiza's goals as a company. We consumers don't have that visibility.
    I actually like singers/bands who break genres or at least have a multitude of them. A friend of mine is a big AC/DC fan, I like one song two songs, three songs. But not multiple years of albums that just sound the same to me. I won't go as far as say I'm easily distracted but I crave, no, am addicted to variation. I don't do genres. That's for people who pigeonhole(mostly themselves ) It's no different in racing/driving games(just bought ATS AND ETS), movies, everything.
    Last edited by MaximusN; 19-05-2021 at 23:13.

Platform
    PC
    I actually like singers/bands who break genres or at least have a multitude of them. A friend of mine is a big AC/DC fan, I like one song two songs, three songs. But not multiple years of albums that just sound the same to me. I won't go as far as say I'm easily distracted but I crave, no, am addicted to variation. I don't do genres. That's for people who pigeonhole(mostly themselves )
    Well, you completely missed the point, but that's ok. Enjoy your sim racing.

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following user likes this Post: GTsimms