Page 187 of 209 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 2083

Thread: Automobilista 2

  1. #1861
    WMD Member Asturbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Asturias / Spain
    Posts
    1,586
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Olijke Poffer View Post
    Perhaps that is an idea to try myself. 1080p on the side panels and 1440 on the centre. No Idea how to set it up. But never thought of doing so.
    I'm curious about that. I have a 35" 3440x1440 UW monitor and I'm considering two side panels of 27" (because is same heigh as the 35" 21:9). With 2560x1440 that would be 8520 x 1440 and my GPU probably could't manage that resolution with a decente frame rate.

    With HD monitors in the sides, it would be lighter workload (and chaper) but I don't know if I could adjusts it to fit the driving view with different vertical resolution.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 13-06-2021 at 11:44.
    CPU: Intel i9-9900KF | GPU: nVidia RTX2080Ti | RAM: Gskill 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec DD1 + Porsche Endurance + Formula 1 V2 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PCARS4 wish list

  2. #1862
    WMD Member John Hargreaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    3,139
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinz View Post
    It is possible to defeat the scalpers through brute-force-supply. AMD has done this with a couple of their CPU's. Amazon is selling 5800X's below msrp while 99 "other options" sit there overpriced. I find it strangley satisfying to see scalpers trying to bundle stuff like a tube of thermal paste or an HDMI cable to move their overpriced CPU's.

    It will be harder to achieve this with graphics cards because they are more complex to manufacture, but if crypto mining profitability continues to drop, scalpers could get overwhelmed competing with a wave of used graphics cards.
    You know I would really really love to see a day when supply starts to come through again and you can walk into an actual shop, chat to the geek behind the counter, buy a GFX card or a console, maybe bundled with a game or two, for MSRP, while mountains of unsold scalped goods are left languishing and unwanted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Asturbo View Post
    I'm curious about that. I have a 35" 3440x1440 UW monitor and I'm considering two side panels of 27" (because is same heigh as the 35" 21:9). With 2560x1440 that would be 8520 x 1440 and my GPU probably could't manage that resolution with a decente frame rate.

    With HD monitors in the sides, it would be lighter workload (and chaper) but I don't know if I could adjusts it to fit the driving view with different vertical resolution.
    I've got a 34" ultrawide with a couple of old 19" Dells either side, I rarely use them for gaming all together but I'll have a tinker when I get chance and let you know the effect on fps
    i7-7700K/MSI RTX 3080/Win10 64bit/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/HP Reverb G2/Fanatec CSL wheel + Clubsport V3 pedals/DSD P2 button box

    WMD1 + WMD2 Member

  3. #1863
    GT5 Pilot rich1e I's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1,630
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I don't know why it's being characterized as 'making a fuss about the sound'. I like Porsche and I enjoyed diving into the topic a bit. In the process I learned new things and thought sharing it would be interesting. I'm a bit surprised by the indifference tbf.
    Last edited by rich1e I; 13-06-2021 at 15:56.

  4. #1864
    GT3 Pilot
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    4,692
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Asturbo View Post
    I'm curious about that. I have a 35" 3440x1440 UW monitor and I'm considering two side panels of 27" (because is same heigh as the 35" 21:9). With 2560x1440 that would be 8520 x 1440 and my GPU probably could't manage that resolution with a decente frame rate.

    With HD monitors in the sides, it would be lighter workload (and chaper) but I don't know if I could adjusts it to fit the driving view with different vertical resolution.
    Yes, this works absolutely fine, no matter the resolutions you can adjust the triple setup settings to fit perfectly. In my case the side monitors do not even fit vertically with the front one (since they are almost half in height), but still the driving view fits perfectly.

    But regarding performance, like Olijke I don't see a noticeable improvement in using lower resolution in the side monitors. I suspect that maybe the engine actually uses always the highest resolution of the monitors for calculating all 3 and then adjusts the image to each one's real resolution, but I could be wrong of course.
    The following user likes this Post: Asturbo


  5. #1865
    GT3 Pilot Olijke Poffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,675
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Yes, this works absolutely fine, no matter the resolutions you can adjust the triple setup settings to fit perfectly. In my case the side monitors do not even fit vertically with the front one (since they are almost half in height), but still the driving view fits perfectly.

    But regarding performance, like Olijke I don't see a noticeable improvement in using lower resolution in the side monitors. I suspect that maybe the engine actually uses always the highest resolution of the monitors for calculating all 3 and then adjusts the image to each one's real resolution, but I could be wrong of course.
    Yeah strange. It definitely gives frame drops. It is just not that smooth as in native 1440p. I’ve set all things back to the usual settings and it runs silky smooth again. Ok I can’t race in night and rain but that is fine with me. I never do like racing in rain. (light rain is no problem by the way)
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem


  6. #1866
    GT4 Pilot Charger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,179
    Platform
    PC
    Little arrive and drive race up tonight, we have put GT3 and GTE cars on Laguna, you only need to own the GT3 if you want to join as host owns the track, Q starts in around 50 mins, https://www.rwbracing.club/events/am...days-13-06-21/
    'Racers Without Borders'
    http://rwbracing.club/
    https://www.rwbracing.club/events/
    Discord rwbracing.club/discord
    Commodore 64, 64K RAM, Tape Drive, Grundig TV. Overclocked ;-)
    The following user likes this Post: Olijke Poffer


  7. #1867
    GT3 Pilot BigDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Lakeside QR
    Posts
    3,868
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    You know I would really really love to see a day when supply starts to come through again and you can walk into an actual shop, chat to the geek behind the counter, buy a GFX card or a console, maybe bundled with a game or two, for MSRP, while mountains of unsold scalped goods are left languishing and unwanted.
    Covid has made it that I can't even walk into my local store and buy over the counter anyway got to order and pay online but I can go and pick it up with zero contact! This virus a such a stupid thing in so many ways!
    GPU:Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC/CPU:Intel i7 7700K@ 5.1GHz/Cooler:Noctua NH-u14s/Mobo:Asrock z170 Extreme4/RAM:16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/PSU: CM V750/Storage: 4TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/Case:Storm Enforcer/OS:Win 10/Display: AOC 27G2 144Hz Triples /Rig:GT Ultimate-Zero Flex Mods/Wheel:Fanatec CSW v2/McLaren V2 rim/CS Universal Hub - 320mm Momo rim/Shifter:CSS SQ1.5/Pedals:Clubsport/ Steam:2ndLastJedi
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves


  8. #1868
    Moderator GTsimms's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,706
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    Covid has made it that I can't even walk into my local store and buy over the counter anyway got to order and pay online but I can go and pick it up with zero contact! This virus a such a stupid thing in so many ways!
    IMO, it can be a serious virus for some. But, it's overblown for the majority. Things have returned to normal for the most part here. Now, if we can get those semiconductors moving along.

    Edit: Unfortunately, the latest news from Taiwan may not be good for supply with more Covid-19 problems.
    Last edited by GTsimms; 14-06-2021 at 10:27.
    PC Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)
    Monitor LG 29" Ultrawide 2560x1080
    Steam, Origin, Uplay, and Epic (GTsimms)

    Primary Fanatec: CSW 2.5, V3 Pedals w/performance kit, R300 w/CSL hub, R330 w/Xbox hub & APMs and Formula V2 w/APMs, Handbrake v.1.5, and button caps
    Secondary Wheels: T300 w/T3PA Pro (Sparco Rally and F1), T150 (2x), CSR, & GT3 RS V2 w/CSR pedals

    Other wheels used in the past Logitech G25, DFGT (3x), MOMO, and Driving Force (GT3 A-Spec).

  9. #1869
    Lead Moderator Konan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    15,610
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1e I View Post
    I don't know why it's being characterized as 'making a fuss about the sound'. I like Porsche and I enjoyed diving into the topic a bit. In the process I learned new things and thought sharing it would be interesting. I'm a bit surprised by the indifference tbf.
    For some it's "making a fuss", but those are the ones who just want the sounds to be good, not necessarily accurate.
    It's just a saying though, and i'm sure those that don't really care, do understand how important it is for those who do...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

    DIY rig walk-through :

    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough
    The following 3 users likes this Post: BigDad, GTsimms, PostBox981


  10. #1870
    WMD Member MaximusN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands, close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Posts
    2,864
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    For some it's "making a fuss", but those are the ones who just want the sounds to be good, not necessarily accurate.
    It's just a saying though, and i'm sure those that don't really care, do understand how important it is for those who do...
    Yes coupled with the fact that this one car caused the same discussion in PC2, and probably other sims. I wasn't really complaining, but I think it's funny(in the good sense) this specific car(and it's mid-engined sisters) gets this much attention.
    "What we tweeted was a factual description of events. No need to speculate on this"
    DD1, Fanatec Universal Hub, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, 3090 iChill x4, 3900X, Samsung 49" G9/Vive, Denon AVC-X3700H

    /// MaximusDoriftus(Steam)
    The following user likes this Post: Konan


Similar Threads

  1. Automobilista Discussion
    By MillsLayne in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 413
    Last Post: 09-09-2019, 07:40
  2. Reiza Studios-Automobilista-Copyright Issue !
    By Darren O'Brien in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-04-2016, 07:20

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •