Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Let's talk about the new Corvette

  1. #1
    GT5 Pilot
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,135

    Let's talk about the new Corvette

    for anyone out of the corner on news here's a video show-casing the new Corvette.



    personally for me, the frint could use more detail, so maybe a later model will have a hood intake or something else, the rear has a lot of detail and I do miss the middle quad exhaust present on the c5 through c7, they're prolly are going for a more c1 through c4 exhaust look... can't wait to see the performance stats and how it does in IMSA and WEC.
    you're not supposed to go into the light, you're supposed to drift around it.
    Simulations 7:07
    drivers are not alive, the car is.
    Simulations 7:20

  2. #2
    LMP2 Pilot hkraft300's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Melbourne, AU
    Posts
    9,082
    Platform
    PS4
    They're claiming a 3.0s 0-60 for the base model, with 495hp.
    I always preferred the base model styling of corvettes. Z06 and zr1 are too boy-racer and garish.
    Like the Zonda the first few specs were pretty. Then they just got carried away with the aero bits.
    Anyway, not a huge fan of its looks. I think less "detail" in the rear half of the car would've looked nicer, but I'm getting old and like cleaner lines than intakes and scoops and holes.
    My only exception would be naca ducts.
    Because everything is better with naca ducts.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10
    The following user likes this Post: REXPITVIPER1


  3. #3
    GT5 Pilot
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,135
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    They're claiming a 3.0s 0-60 for the base model, with 495hp.
    I always preferred the base model styling of corvettes. Z06 and zr1 are too boy-racer and garish.
    Like the Zonda the first few specs were pretty. Then they just got carried away with the aero bits.
    Anyway, not a huge fan of its looks. I think less "detail" in the rear half of the car would've looked nicer, but I'm getting old and like cleaner lines than intakes and scoops and holes.
    My only exception would be naca ducts.
    Because everything is better with naca ducts.
    yeah I see what you mean, I did want more detail in the front to match all that detail in the rear.
    you're not supposed to go into the light, you're supposed to drift around it.
    Simulations 7:07
    drivers are not alive, the car is.
    Simulations 7:20

  4. #4
    WMD Member Azure Flare's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Carthage, TN
    Posts
    1,547
    Platform
    PC
    I for one welcome our new mid-engined overlord.

    Quote Originally Posted by REXPITVIPER1 View Post
    they're prolly are going for a more c1 through c4 exhaust look...
    They have to have the exhaust where it is due to the trunk at the back.
    "Racing, competing, is in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I've been doing it all of my life. And it stands up before anything else." - Ayrton Senna

    Steam l PC specs

  5. #5
    GT5 Pilot
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flare View Post
    I for one welcome our new mid-engined overlord.



    They have to have the exhaust where it is due to the trunk at the back.
    you can still have mid engine exhaust with a massive trunk in the back. the issue with that is that trunk space will get used up moving the trunk upwards, to make room for mid exhaust.

    9/10 some kit out there for the new C8 will have mid-exhaust option, or the new C8.R, imo the car looks better with mid exhaust, but ehh it be what it be.
    you're not supposed to go into the light, you're supposed to drift around it.
    Simulations 7:07
    drivers are not alive, the car is.
    Simulations 7:20

  6. #6
    WMD Member Azure Flare's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Carthage, TN
    Posts
    1,547
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by REXPITVIPER1 View Post
    the issue with that is that trunk space will get used up moving the trunk upwards, to make room for mid exhaust.
    ...which is why they have the exhaust where it is.
    "Racing, competing, is in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I've been doing it all of my life. And it stands up before anything else." - Ayrton Senna

    Steam l PC specs
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300


  7. #7
    WMD Member John Hargreaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    3,394
    Platform
    PC
    I think it's a great looking car, but it's not a Corvette to me with that mid engine. They should have just given it a new name and started a new legend.
    i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11 64bit/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/HP Reverb G2/Fanatec CSL wheel + Clubsport V3 pedals/DSD P2 button box

    WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Invincible, REXPITVIPER1


  8. #8
    GT5 Pilot
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flare View Post
    ...which is why they have the exhaust where it is.
    still looks better if they had it just in the middle.
    you're not supposed to go into the light, you're supposed to drift around it.
    Simulations 7:07
    drivers are not alive, the car is.
    Simulations 7:20

  9. #9
    GT5 Pilot
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,135
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    I think it's a great looking car, but it's not a Corvette to me with that mid engine. They should have just given it a new name and started a new legend.
    I mean corvette was always supposed to be a mid-engine car, but GM didn't have the time/funding to really make one.
    you're not supposed to go into the light, you're supposed to drift around it.
    Simulations 7:07
    drivers are not alive, the car is.
    Simulations 7:20
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves


  10. #10
    WMD Member Invincible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Near Frankfurt a.M.
    Posts
    3,768
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by REXPITVIPER1 View Post
    I mean corvette was always supposed to be a mid-engine car, but GM didn't have the time/funding to really make one.
    Maybe... still. Over time, the Corvette has made a name for itself as a front-engined car. I'm with John here - they should have started a new "brand".
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing



    New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted SOLD / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves


Similar Threads

  1. Corvette
    By Chimildo in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-05-2017, 00:01
  2. Corvette C7.R
    By Stewy32 in forum The Garage - Car Setup Talk
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-02-2017, 17:29
  3. Corvette C7.R
    By Stewy32 in forum The Garage - Car Setup Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-10-2016, 02:47
  4. Problem with the Corvette
    By Mojoe989 in forum PC - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 22-04-2016, 17:52
  5. Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R
    By Raven403 in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-10-2015, 09:21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •